IGNORED

R.I.P.

Parsons

Blade Runner, Split Second, Wedlock, Ladyhawk, Blood of Heroes, filmovi koji su obeležili moje odrastanje

See you at Tannhaüser Gate, Rutger.

Edited by Filozof manijak
6 hours ago, 3opge said:

napisao je najcitiraniji filmski monolog ikada.

bez njega Blade Runner nikada ne bi bio ono sto jeste. 

?

To je on napisao?

Детаљи су још лепши.

And, the original script, before Hauer's rewrite, was:

I’ve seen things… seen things you little people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion bright as magnesium… I rode on the back decks of a blinker and watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments… they’ll be gone.[9]

Hauer described this as "opera talk" and "hi-tech speech" with no bearing on the rest of the film, so he "put a knife in it" the night before filming, without Scott's knowledge.[10] In an interview with Dan Jolin, Hauer said that these final lines showed that Batty wanted to "make his mark on existence ... the replicant in the final scene, by dying, shows Deckard what a real man is made of

The speech only lasts about 50 seconds, but Hauer’s introspective performance and Scott’s gorgeous close-up work are in such perfect harmony it’s no wonder why the “tears in rain” monologue became one of the defining moments of both “Blade Runner” and Hauer’s career. In an interview with Radio Times back in 2017, shortly before the release of “Blade Runner 2049,” Hauer looked back on the iconic monologue and revealed he “took a knife” to the original script and rewrote his character’s dialogue.

“I kept two lines, because I thought they were poetic,” Hauer said. “I thought they belonged to this character, because somewhere in his digital head he has poetry, and knows what it is. He feels it! And while his batteries are going, he comes up with the two lines.”

The two lines Hauer kept from the original draft of the speech were “attack ships” and “C-beams.” Hauer believed the original speech was written in a way that was too operatic, a tone he felt a replicant would never use.

“You know, I think a lot of scripts are overwritten,” Hauer said. “The overwritten stuff comes from the writer and all the executives, but the audience can feel it, and even the best actor cannot sell me with language that is overwritten. I am fucking allergic to that. OK?”

Hauer credited Scott with giving his actors the freedom to change things up based on how the actors were interpreting the characters. “Ridley gave me all the freedom, because he wanted it to be a character-driven story,” the actor said. “He’d never done a film character-driven. He said, ‘This is what I want to do – bring me anything you can come up with, and I’ll take it on if I like it.’”

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/07/rutger-hauer-dead-rewrote-blade-runner-monologue-tears-in-rain-1202160606/

On 24.7.2019. at 19:22, ToniAdams said:

Rest in peace.

Uh... :(

I jeziva koincidencija sa godinama. Hvala ti za jednu od najboljih scena u istoriji kinematografije. Pocivaj u miru