IGNORED

Covid-19: Razvoj vakcine, imunitet i primena medikamenata

beyoncé

6 minutes ago, Jozef K. said:

Sputnik V se isto ne preporučuje za 60+. Izgleda da ta tehnologija ne radi na ljudima sa slabim imunitetom.

zato sto nije testirana na 60+, ako se ne varam. 

Ja ću svakako raditi antitela posle druge doze, a i moj muž.

Ali tu mi nije jasna jedna stvar. Ako su antitela tako pouzdan pokazatelj, zašto se onda proizvođači akaju sa komplikovanim procedurama ispitivanja ? Zašto prosto ne cepe ljude i posle vide antitela i ćao ?

Dakle, sa antitelima to nije baš tako prosto ?

Prvi put čujem to za Sputnjik da nije testiran kod osoba starijih od 60 godina. Može neki izvor?

U najavi III faze ispitivanja stoji da učestvuje i starosna grupa 60+:

The trial subjects will be randomized into five age strata: 18-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, and 60+ years.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04530396?term=Gam-COVID-Vac&draw=2

U zvaničnom saopštenju o efikasnosti ne spominju se starosne grupe:
https://sputnikvaccine.com/newsroom/pressreleases/the-sputnik-v-vaccine-s-efficacy-is-confirmed-at-91-4-based-on-data-analysis-of-the-final-control-po/

Edited by vememah
38 minutes ago, dùda said:

Ja ću svakako raditi antitela posle druge doze, a i moj muž.

Ali tu mi nije jasna jedna stvar. Ako su antitela tako pouzdan pokazatelj, zašto se onda proizvođači akaju sa komplikovanim procedurama ispitivanja ? Zašto prosto ne cepe ljude i posle vide antitela i ćao ?

Dakle, sa antitelima to nije baš tako prosto ?

Antitela koreliraju sa stepenom zaštite,  ali nije potpuna korelacija,  jer je imunitet malo komplikovanija priča,  sa nekim memorijskim ćelijama i sl (a njih je teško detektovati jer ih može biti jako malo,  a opet su sposobne da aktiviraju zaštitu u slučaju napada virusa)

U drugoj fazi su glavna ispitivanja za antitela, jer je nedovoljan broj za statističke procene efikasnosti...

Evo ovde piše čak koliku Sputnjik V ima efikasnost:

Argentine president receives Russian COVID-19 vaccine
Alberto Fernandez gets first dose after country’s regulatory body approves Sputnik V for those older than 60

The National Administration of Medicines, Food and Medical Technology [of Argentina], or ANMAT, said the [Sputnik V] vaccine "is within an acceptable range of safety, immunogenicity and efficacy for the age group over 60 years.”

The regulatory agency said research shows it has around "91.8% efficacy" for those older than 60.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/americas/argentine-president-receives-russian-covid-19-vaccine/2118688

Edited by vememah
Moderna kaže da njihova vakcina štiti isto od britanskog soja kao od dosadašnjih, a 6x manje, ali ipak sasvim dovoljno od južnoafričkog, s tim što ta slabija zaštita može brže iščeznuti.

First detected in September 2020 in the United Kingdom, the SARS-CoV-2 B.1.1.7 variant has seventeen mutations in the viral genome with eight mutations located in the spike (S) protein. The B.1.351 variant, first detected in South Africa, has ten mutations located in the spike (S) protein. Both variants have spread at a rapid rate and are associated with increased transmission and a higher viral burden after infection1,2.

The in vitro study assessed the ability of mRNA-1273 to elicit potently neutralizing antibodies against the new SARS-CoV-2 variants, using sera from eight Phase 1 clinical trial participants (aged 18-55 years) who received two 100 µg doses of mRNA-1273, and separately using sera from non-human primates (NHPs) immunized with two doses of 30 µg or 100 µg of mRNA-1273.

For the B.1.1.7 variant, neutralizing antibody titers remained high and were generally consistent with neutralizing titers relative to prior variants. No significant impact on neutralization was observed from either the full set of mutations found in the B.1.1.7 variant or from specific key mutations of concern. Although these mutations have been reported to lessen neutralization from convalescent sera and to increase infectivity, sera from the Phase 1 participants and NHPs immunized with mRNA-1273 were able to neutralize the B.1.1.7 variant to the same level as prior variants.

For the B.1.351 variant, vaccination with the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine produces neutralizing antibody titers that remain above the neutralizing titers that were shown to protect NHPs against wildtype viral challenge. While the Company expects these levels of neutralizing antibodies to be protective, pseudovirus neutralizing antibody titers were approximately 6-fold lower relative to prior variants. These lower titers may suggest a potential risk of earlier waning of immunity to the new B.1.351 strains.

Edited by vememah
  • +1 1

Teaser:

You said that the UK signed the AZ vaccine contract three months before EU, so you had more time to tweak and fix the potential disruptions of the supply. Why then did you commit to similar contracts with the EU, if you knew that in a very short time there could be problems like the one the EU supply chain is experiencing right now?
"First of all, we have different plants and they have different yields and different productivity. One of the plans with the highest yield is in the UK because it started earlier. It also had its own issues, but we solved all, it has a good productivity, but it's the UK plant because it started earlier. Anyway, we didn't commit with the EU, by the way. It's not a commitment we have to Europe: it’s a best effort, we said we are going to make our best effort. The reason why we said that is because Europe at the time wanted to be supplied more or less at the same time as the UK, even though the contract was signed three months later. So we said, “ok, we're going to do our best, we’re going to try, but we cannot commit contractually because we are three months behind UK”. We knew it was a super stretch goal and we know it's a big issue, this pandemic. But our contract is not a contractual commitment. It's a best effort. Basically we said we're going to try our best, but we can't guarantee we're going to succeed. In fact, getting there, we are a little bit delayed”.

Edited by vememah