IGNORED

Nuklearna energija, bezbednosti i alternative

Hill Bill

Vidis, problem je bas u tome sto bi svima - meni sigurno - bilo kudikamo lakse I prijatnije, da si to odmah I napisao...

Dobar ukus I osnovni red da ne pominjemo...

Umesto 1 reda sa sve namigom koji samo sto ne progovore I kazu uuu evo jednog koji zna znanje...

Tacnije, problema ne bi ni bilo...😏

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hill Bill

• Indy

• dekss

• ToniAdams

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

The fuel itself could also stand to burn more efficiently. “The NIF [National Ignition Facility] shot only burned a small fraction of the fuel in the capsule,” Carter said in an email. “If you can find a way to burn up more fuel, the gain goes up substantially.”

That will involve tweaking the tiny fuel pellet to get more of the laser energy directed toward compressing atoms.

As for the laser, NIF is using dated technology that has a lot of room for improvement. The lasers are only about 1 percent efficient in terms of turning electricity to laser light, while more modern designs can be 20 percent efficient. “The NIF is built on 1980s laser technology,” said Kim Budil, director of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, during a press conference.

Still, achieving ignition is a critical milestone and an important signal that scientists are on the right track. Carter said it “provides more justification for an aggressive push to develop and deploy fusion energy as quickly as we can, with the hope of impacting climate change!”

https://www.vox.com/recode/23505995/fusion-energy-breakthrough-announcement-ignition-nif

For the first time in the history of nuclear fusion, ignition has been achieved: where the energy released from fusion reactions exceeds the energy inputted to trigger them. Achieving ignition, or passing the breakeven point, is one of the key goals of nuclear fusion research, with the eventual goal of achieving commercial-scale nuclear fusion power. However, achieving this goal is only one more step toward the true dream: of powering the world with clean, sustainable energy. Here's what we all should know.

https://bigthink.com/starts-with-a-bang/nuclear-fusion-breakeven/?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=swab

Untitled-10.jpg?resize=1280,720

• 6 months later...

Torijumski reaktori nisu nova stvar, postojali su vec i funkcionalni prototipovi jos 1960-tih ali se od projekta odustalo zbog skupoce / novac je preusmeravan na uranijumsku tehnologiju koja za razliku od torijumske ima i vojnu primenu pa je tako mnogo interesantnija za one koji odlucuju o budzetima za R&D...

Inace osim sto nije pogodna za proizvodnju oruzja ova tehnologija ima i drugih prednosti - mnogo manje radioaktivnog otpada, jeftinije i bezbednije rudarenje... al' jebiga.

• +1 1