IGNORED

Razno

korindjar

Nisam gledao film, ali ovo je verovatno najubitacnija kritika, ever.

A New York Winter’s Tale, review: 'a baboonish catastrophe'

1 out of 5 stars

By Robbie Collin

Directed by: Akiva Goldsman. Starring: Colin Farrell, Jessica Brown Findlay, Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Will Smith. 12A cert, 118 min.

It’s early days, but A New York Winter’s Tale could turn out to be the defining screech-out-loud comedy of 2014. The only catch is that we’re supposed to take it seriously. This is, in theory at least, a magic-realist romance set against the eternal struggle between good and evil, and boiled down from a much longer book by Mark Helprin. But the whole thing is so roaringly absurd, and delivered with such hands-clasped sincerity, that the only rational response is to laugh the house down.

It is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst film Russell Crowe has appeared in. It may even be the worst film Colin Farrell has appeared in, which is really saying something.

The setting is a twinkly fantasy version of early-1900s Manhattan, with Farrell and Crowe’s characters locked in an eternal cat-and-mouse pursuit. Farrell is a petty street thief called Peter Lake whose best friend, truly and honestly, is a magical flying horse called Horse. Crowe, meanwhile, is a bad-tempered Fagin-type with a truly horrendous put-a-shamrock-in-me-Guinness Irish accent. He wants to kill Peter for reasons unclear, and has also made some kind of pact with the Devil, who here comes in the guise of a Will Smith cameo.

When Peter falls in love with Beverly (Jessica Brown Findlay, from Downton Abbey), a young Englishwoman elegantly dying of consumption, Crowe’s character steps up his fatwa. The young couple flee to her family’s ancestral pile by a frozen lake where, in a tragic twist, Peter makes love to her with such ferocity that she dies on the spot.

Heartbroken, he wanders the city for 100 years, until a chance encounter with a terminally ill young girl catapults the plot into a galaxy of mawkishness previously unknown to science.

The film was directed by the veteran Hollywood screenwriter Akiva Goldsman, who wrote Batman & Robin but was never convicted. Making this has been his long-running passion project, which adds a tangible top note of sadness to the general air of baboonish catastrophe.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy Kowalski

• Ajant23

• MocaVukotic

• Sludge Factory

It is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the worst film Russell Crowe has appeared in.

Ovo nije ozbiljna rečenica, pa trustu mozgova bi bili potrebni vekovi da ustanove koji film je pobednik u tako jakoj konkurenciji...

E, pa, zamisli sad... ovaj je gori i od toga!

EDIT, ali

The film was directed by the veteran Hollywood screenwriter Akiva Goldsman, who wrote Batman & Robin but was never convicted.

:lolol:

Edited by Indy

Ma, jes gori... Ovako, Indy, davno se Krou šalio sa saradnjom sa Goldsmanom na Blistavom umu. Wir nije hteo da ponovi dvojac zamišljenog junaka iz Hauardovog filma kao mastera u svom. Krou je insistirao da zamišljeni junak iz Goldsmanovog scenarija mora da igra mastera u filmu u kome on igra komandera. Vir ga je odjebao iz prve, ali je na kraju Krou isterao kod Vira svoj kasting zato što je znao da njegov favorit i reditelj dele isti ukus kada je muzika u pitanju...

Duhovit je Krou... Shvatam tvoje traume, od dole sa muškim brkovima, preko Rompera Stompera i Eksploiteda, ali Krou ruši sistem iz unutra... Taj je nafrabikovao takvu estetiku ružnog da bi mu i Eko pozavideo, a Čaplin mu ponudio svoj edipovski štap...

Eh, ali da li je najgori? "That is the question?", što bi Ofeila rekla u apokrifnoj verziji originala od/of/de/fon švajcarca Saksa Gramatika, što je bio pseudonim dame kako tvrde najnovije feministkinje, čije mislu pišu muzičari koji su se u begu od mafije sakrili u all girl band...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/06/movies/this-time-jim-jarmusch-is-kissing-vampires.html?_r=1

Which is not to say that Mr. Jarmusch wants to live forever, extending his self-proclaimed dilettanteness into the centuries, like his loving vampires. “I like that there’s an end,” he said, putting on his metal voice. “ ‘Because that’s the way I like it baby. I don’t want to live forever.’ That’s from a Motörhead song.”