• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy Kowalski

• Ajant23

• MocaVukotic

• Sludge Factory

Richard Jenkins on Jake Gyllenhaal as Detective Loki in “Prisoners”:

Jake Gyllenhaal in “Prisoners” was simply a cop doing his job, and it was a beautiful thing to watch. I didn’t know anything about his character, where he was from, if he was married, had any kids, what the tattoo on his neck meant or why he buttoned the top button of his shirt. Nothing. And he wasn’t interested in telling me. He was too busy being a cop. But by the movie’s end, I knew him. Totally. Completely.  And he was never interested in helping me, as an audience member, understand him, or like him, or sympathize with him. He was only interested in doing his job. It’s always thrilling to watch a living, breathing human being on the screen. That’s Jake. He takes you with him on this journey.  Doesn’t ask you to come along, doesn’t even know you’re there, because he’s too busy being a cop doing his job. It’s the case of a lifetime for this guy and he’s working it alone. No other cops to talk about it with. It’s internalized, lived, and I could watch all day. Simply a great performance.

Amin.

praise-jesus-hands.gif

Detektiv u filmu služi da se bavi detektivskim radom, neću reč jednu da čujem o tome kako bi više vremena trebao da provodi kući s decom i kako je žena smorena jer nikad nije tu (ili još gore, kad je detektiv žena pa isto to samo u pojačalu, što nikad nisi kući, što te nema na roditeljskom, šta, opet za večeru Wolt/Glovo, "nemajka", etc.). Dakle, sad trenutno se radi na izuzetno ozbiljnom slučaju, prilično je life or death situacija, nikoga ne zanima što sporedni likovi nemaju hobi u zivotu. 

• +1 1