IGNORED

Amy Winehouse

Zoe

Covek sa bloga Guardiana objasnjava kako je Ejmin nastup zapravo bio "putting a new spin on old songs" i kritikovao Beogradjane da nisu shvatili njenu umetnost.Was Amy Winehouse's Belgrade gig really that bad?The Valerie singer's performance was a mess, but that's what made it rock'n'rollAmy Winehouse's gig in Belgrade has been called the worst concert ever to take place in the city. Even Serbian defence minister Dragan Sutanovac put the boot in, calling it "a huge shame and a disappointment".Audience members have inundated YouTube with clips from the concert showing a sozzled Winehouse leading a startled backing dancer to sing Valerie, taking her shoe off for no apparent reason, and giving uphalfway through Just Friends in order to introduce the band – whose names she struggles to remember.Much has been made of the fact that audience members paid £35 a ticket in a country where the average wage is £274 a month – though that is hardly her fault.Yet was the gig really that bad? While addiction is clearly no laughing matter, the elements of the gig Winehouse is being pilloried for are praised in other musicians. As music critic Simon Price pointed out on Twitter, when Bob Dylan renders his back catalogue unrecognisable, as he did in London's Finsbury Park at the weekend, people think he's a maverick genius. When Arctic Monkeys frontman Alex Turner stops singing Mardy Bum and lets the crowd take over, people applaud it as a communal moment. When Robbie Williams has a wardrobe malfunction – according to the Sun, his penis fell out onstage in Dublin – it's a laugh rather than a cause for concern.Winehouse is now typecast as a troubled diva. Yet watching her rendition of Back to Black on YouTube, to my ears it's not even that bad. Sure she sings around the tune, but she's always done that – she's a jazz singer. Her rendition of Just Friends is listless (to put it mildly), but it never had much of a tune in the first place. Though admittedly hindered by booze, the musician in Winehouse is still trying to put a new spin on songs she must be heartily sick of by now. If the people of Belgrade wanted note-perfect versions, perhaps they should have stayed at home and listened to the records.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Аврам Гојић

• Zoe

• Caligula

• yolo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Covek sa bloga Guardiana objasnjava kako je Ejmin nastup zapravo bio "putting a new spin on old songs" i kritikovao Beogradjane da nisu shvatili njenu umetnost. Yet watching her rendition of Back to Black on YouTube, to my ears it's not even that bad.
Jbg, ima covjek tinitus. Nije ni njemu lako. -_-
Sure she sings around the tune, but she's always done that – she's a jazz singer.
Pa jeste, zvuk je analogna pojava, ne može sve da se predstavi sa dvanaest polutonova, mora da bude malo around the tune.

Vaso, u komentarima ga listom sa'ranjuju:

'...watching her rendition of Back to Black on YouTube, to my ears it's not even that bad'Might I suggest some new ears?
:lol:
Was this pointless, slack-arsed attempt at music journalism/criticism really that bad?You betcha...
Even her music director said it was the worst gig he'd ever seen!
its a bit disingenuis to compare this chancer with bob dylan by any stretch.
Wow, those videos made my ears bleed. Is Alex Needham on the same drugs as Amy Winehouse??
No wonder the Guardian reported losses of 33 million pounds with journalism like this!!
mada nije da nema i objektivnih branilaca:
i'm a big fan of amy and I hope she gets well soon.for the concert, i'm so sorry serbia she was a little out of tune..i know you need something to take your mind off hiding the genocidal maniacs
a ovaj me posebno nasmejao:
Is anyone else amused by the fact that someone made the backing band dress up in orange suits? As if they weren't humiliated enough...Winehouse aside, what struck me, actually, was how incongruous the subbing backing singer looks as he does a little dance move back to his mic when he's finished: a touching moment of professionalism during a train wreck -- but comically inappropriate.
:D

kapiram dae ovaj njen beogracki nastup dno dna..... al vi koji ste isli/platili da je gledate, fakat ste trebali na ovo vrrrrlo da racunate.. a propo toga, ja uopste neb bila razocarana..... devojka ima gomilu fantasticno odrzanih koncerata, pa jutubujte

kapiram dae ovaj njen beogracki nastup dno dna..... al vi koji ste isli/platili da je gledate, fakat ste trebali na ovo vrrrrlo da racunate.. a propo toga, ja uopste neb bila razocarana..... devojka ima gomilu fantasticno odrzanih koncerata, pa jutubujte
Mislim da se rešenje nazire. Brojni fanovi bi opet došli na isto mesto, a organizatori neka im puštaju klipove preko video bima. Ovce site, vuk na broju.

ovo mi je najjadniji komentar vezan za koncert.

Iva Tanacković · Belgrade, SerbiaHello, I have photos and better videos from this exact show, so if you add them, you might get a better picture of how it was, as this person's camera was nowhere near as good as mine. Look for supersonic_squirrel om Flickr and RustlingRagazza on YouTube.I'm writing a review as well.http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/57418
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oA77JFqhkw :Hail: Edited by Malkmus