• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• Takeshi

• roksi

• Caligula

Boy From Lawrence County - Felice BrothersAll These Pills and Powders, Couldn't make me stay.I'm on my merry way in the morning light.Cold New England winters have got me coughing,as the Lincoln turns the corner down Memory st.Tell me Judge, whats the bounty,on that boy from Lawrence County?He's a friend of mine.If i had a way to trap him,would you swear pay up Captain?He's a friend of mine.Door swang slowly opens, the committee room was darkBailiff marked the charts in red.recalled the boy in orange, as he slowly passed,awkward as a calf with its legs a-wobblin'.Be so kind, Tell me warden,whose in line to die this morning?Could i see the Show?If he bore his teeth to scare us,could we see our likeness sheriff in the pearly glow?Roll on old silver river through the Iron Rangepast the sleeping trains that wait.gold and amber peddles in your water wade,like the band of Jesse James in waitRain, it beats the windows,makes it hard to see,whose on a drunken spreein the city light.Silent are the dying,silent are the young.Silent where i'm from.Tell me Love, of your husbandwill we see his headlights coming?Will he know its us?When his tired eyes have lifted,will they see your bed has shifted, is he bad at love?i got the money i owe ya,I got something else to show ya.Could you meet me there?Take the road past the station,to the river basinI'll be waiting there.All these Pills and Powders,cannot make me stay.I'm on my merry way,in the morning light.All these dying matador in dusty ringshave killed my will to sing,and i'm gone.Tell me Judge, what's the bounty,on the boy from Lawrence county?He's a friend of mine?If i had a way to trap him,Would you pay up captain?He's a friend of mine.

In the summer that I was baptized,My father held me to his side,As they put me to the water,He said how on that day I cried.We were prisoners of love, a love in chains,He was standin' in the door, I was standin' in the rain,with the same hot blood burning in our veins,Adam raised a Cain.All of the old faces,Ask you why you're back,They fit you with position,And the keys to your daddy's Cadillac,In the darkness of your room,Your mother calls you by your true name,You remember the faces, the places, the names,You know it's never over, it's relentless as the rain,Adam raised a Cain.In the Bible Cain slew AbelAnd East of Eden he was cast,You're born into this life paying,for the sins of somebody else's past,Daddy worked his whole life, for nothing but the pain,Now he walks these empty rooms, looking for something to blame,You inherit the sins, you inherit the flames,Adam raised a Cain.Lost but not forgotten, from the dark heart of a dream,Adam raised a Cain.

Storm"Tim Minchin's brilliant & witty demolition of irrationality in all its many guises - with rolling text from me - all in the medium of a 9-minute beat poem. " miltmerm

Lions in the street and roamingDogs in heat, rabid, foamingA beast caged in the heart of a cityThe body of his motherRotting in the summer groundHe fled the townHe went down South and crossed the borderLeft the chaos and disorderBack there over his shoulderOne morning he awoke in a green hotelWith a strange creature groaning beside himSweat oozed from its shiny skinIs everybody in?The ceremony is about to begin