• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• Takeshi

• roksi

• Caligula

Hated - Collapsing new peopleWatch them collapsingWasted - Collapsing new peopleWatch them collapsingFated - Collapsing new peopleWatch them collapsingFaded - Collapsing new peopleWatch them collapsing

...You may be quite sure you know where you're going But sooner or later you're out of the picture Too many lost names, too many rules to the game Better find a focus or you're out of the picture Somewhere along the way the clock runs out Somewhere along the way it all stands still...

[it] would be really interesting for people to see is how beautiful things grow out of shit. Because nobody ever believes that. You know, everybody thinks that Beethoven had his string quartets completely in his head - they'd somehow appeared there and formed in his head... and all he had to do was write them down and they would, kind of be manifest to the world. But, I think what's so interesting and what would really be a lesson that everybody should learn is - that things come out of nothing. Things evolve out of nothing. You know, the tiniest seed in the right situation turns into the most beautiful forest. And then the most promising seed in the wrong situation turns into nothing. Um, and I think this would be important for people to understand, because it gives people confidence in their own lives to know that that's how things work. If you walk around with the idea that there are some people who - are so gifted, they have these wonderful things in their head. But you're not one of them, you're just sort of a normal person, you could never do anything like that - then you live a different kind of life, you know. You could have another kind of life where you can say, where you say, well I know that things come from nothing very much and start from unpromising beginnings. And I'm an unpromising beginning, and I could start something.

...Suspicion and dark murmurs surround me Everywhere I go they confound me As though the blood on my hands Is there for every citizen to see O sweet Jesus There is no turning back There is always one more town A little further down the track ...

[it] would be really interesting for people to see is how beautiful things grow out of shit. Because nobody ever believes that. You know, everybody thinks that Beethoven had his string quartets completely in his head - they'd somehow appeared there and formed in his head... and all he had to do was write them down and they would, kind of be manifest to the world. But, I think what's so interesting and what would really be a lesson that everybody should learn is - that things come out of nothing. Things evolve out of nothing. You know, the tiniest seed in the right situation turns into the most beautiful forest. And then the most promising seed in the wrong situation turns into nothing. Um, and I think this would be important for people to understand, because it gives people confidence in their own lives to know that that's how things work. If you walk around with the idea that there are some people who - are so gifted, they have these wonderful things in their head. But you're not one of them, you're just sort of a normal person, you could never do anything like that - then you live a different kind of life, you know. You could have another kind of life where you can say, where you say, well I know that things come from nothing very much and start from unpromising beginnings. And I'm an unpromising beginning, and I could start something.
star.jpg

Pour water on thyself thus shalt thou be a Fountain to the Universe. Find thou thyself in every Star. Achieve thou every possibility.