• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Indy

• Takeshi

• roksi

• Caligula

Platters are divided into 512-byte sectors. These sectors are the area on the platter that data is written to. The platters have a magnetic coating applied to them that is extremely sensitive to magnetism. While the platters spin, the read/write head moves from track to track until it reaches the desired track. Then it waits for the appropriate sector to move underneath it, at which time the read/write head is energized to apply a magnetic charge to the particles in the disk coating. This changes the particle binary state from zero to one, thus creating data. The same happens when the data needs to be read, the read/write head moves over the appropriate sector and reads the data that resides in the sector.The read/write heads don?t actually touch the surface of the disk platters; instead, they hover about ten micro-inches (or millionths of an inch) above it ? that?s not even enough space to place a hair between the read/write head and the platter?s surface. This design helps improve disk performance because a read/write head that makes contact with the platter would cause friction, slowing down the rotation speed of the disk and creating extra heat.

Women - Charles Bukowski*Once a woman turns against you, forget it. They can love you, then something turns in them. They can watch you dying in a gutter, run over by a car, and they'll spit on you.*I was sentimental about many things: a woman?s shoes under the bed; one hairpin left behind on the dresser; the way they said, ?I?m going to pee??; hair ribbons; walking down the boulevard with them at 1:30 in the afternoon, just two people walking together; the long nights of drinking and smoking, talking; the arguments; thinking of suicide; eating together and feeling good; the jokes, the laughter out of nowhere; feeling miracles in the air; being in a parked car together; comparing past loves at 3AM; being told you snore, hearing her snore; mothers, daughters, sons, cats, dogs; sometimes death and sometimes divorce, but always carrying on, always seeing it through; reading a newspaper alone in a sandwich joint and feeling nausea because she is now married to a dentist with an I.Q. of 95; racetracks, parks, park picnics; even jails; her dull friends; your drinking, her dancing; your flirting, her flirting; her pills, your fucking on the side, and her doing the same; sleeping together?*The only time a man needed a lot of women was when none of them were any good.

Edited by Allegra

hell above and heaven belowall the trees are gonethe rain has a such a lovely soundto those who're six feet under groundthe leaves will bury every yearand no one knows I'm goneleave me golden tell me darkhide from Graveyard Johnthe moon is full here every nightand I can bathe here in his lightthe leaves will bury every yearand no one knows I'm gone2r70pq8.jpg

Pripovijedaju ljudi od povjerenja (ali Allah znade najbolje) da je prvih dana svijeta živio neki kralj babilonskih otoka koji je sazvao svoje graditelje i vrače i naredio im da sazidaju tako zamršen i istančan labirint tako da se ni najmudriji muževi ne usude ući, a oni koji uđu da se izgube. To djelo izazva sablazan, jer pravljenje zbrke i čudesa priliči Bogu a ne ljudima. Nakon nekog vremena na njegov dvor stiže arapski kralj, i babilonski ga kralj nagovori (da bi ismijao priprostost svojega gosta) da uđe u labirint, po kojem je on, uvrijeđen i ponižen, lutao sve do večeri. Onda zaiska Nožiju pomoć i iziđe na vrata. Njegove usne ne prozboriše o tome ni slovca, ali on reče babilonskom kralju da u Arabiji ima veći labirint i da će mu ga, ako Bog da, jednoga dana pokazati. Onda se vrati u Arabiju, sazva svoje zapovjednike i svoje vojskovođe i napade babilonsko kraljevstvo s takvom ratnom srećom da sravni sa zemljom njegove tvrđave, do nogu potuče njegove ljude i zarobi samoga kralja. Svezana ga uprti na brzu djevui povede u pustinju. Pošto jahahu tri dana, reče mu: ?O kralju vremena, tvari i znamene vječnosti, želio si da se u Babiloniji izgubim u brončanom labirintu s mnogim stubištima, vratima i zidovima; sad mi je Svemogući podario da ti pokažem svoj, u koji ne moraš ulaziti stubama, ni provaljivati vrata, ni lutati zamornim hodnicima da ih prijeđeš, ni zastajati pred zidovima koji ti preprečuju prolaz.?Onda ga oslobodi spona i ostavi usred pustinje, gde on umre od gladi i žeđi. Neka je slavljen Onaj koji ne umire.