IGNORED

Kia i Hyundai modeli za SAD kradu se najobičnijim šrafcigerom i USB kablom

vememah

Modeli Kia i Hyundai koji se pale na ključ godišta 2011-2021 su potpuna sprdnja: kradu se najobičnijim šrafcigerom i USB kablom tako da ih kradu i 11-godišnjaci, za tržište SAD nemaju imobilajzer (propisan kao obavezan u Kanadi još 2007) i u pojedinim saveznim državama udeli njihovih vozila među svim kradenima su oko 50%.

WHY ARE THIEVES TARGETING HYUNDAIS AND KIAS?

Many modern Hyundais and Kias lack a useful anti-theft device called an immobilizer, which prevents a vehicle from starting when someone attempts to use a key or key fob that doesn’t match the car. This means that thieves can simply break into the vehicle, remove the steering column cover, jam a makeshift key into the ignition cylinder, and start the car.

WHICH MODELS ARE VULNERABLE?

According to multiple class-action lawsuits filed last year, 2011-2021 model year Kias and Hyundais without immobilizers—identifiable by their keyed ignitions—are prime targets. Owners with push-button start needn’t worry so much, as their vehicles came standard with this theft-prevention measure.

https://www.capitalone.com/cars/learn/managing-your-money-wisely/why-some-hyundai-and-kia-models-are-so-easy-to-steal/2135

In St. Petersburg, Florida, police reported more than a third of all car thefts there since mid-July are linked to the TikTok challenge. Los Angeles officials say the viral trend has led to an 85% increase in car theft of Hyundais and Kias compared with last year.

The story is the same in Chicago, according to Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart.

“In our jurisdiction alone, [thefts of certain models are] up over 800% in the last month,” he said. “We see no end in sight.” (...)
“We had an 11-year-old who was one of our most prolific stealers … the notion that they can drive is a fantasy,” Dart said. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/08/tiktok-challenge-spurs-rise-in-thefts-of-kia-hyundai-cars.html