IGNORED

Jazz Is Dead

maheem

Fantastičan snimak Chico Hamiltona iz New Porta 1958!

Kvintet krajnje neobičnog sastava: Chico Hamilton (Drums), Hal Gaylor (Bass), John Pisano (Guitar), Nathan Gershman (Cello) i Eric Dolphy (Flute) svira zavodljivu i egzotičnu temu Blue Sands sa prvog albuma za Chico Hamiltona - Chico Hamilton Quintet Featuring Buddy Collette iz 1956. godine.

Na snimku, pored fantastičnog bendiledera sjajan gitarski rad, bejbi fejs Erica Dolphyja i neke sofosticirane dame u publici:

9 hours ago, Ras said:

Kvintet krajnje neobičnog sastava: Chico Hamilton (Drums), Hal Gaylor (Bass), John Pisano (Guitar), Nathan Gershman (Cello) i Eric Dolphy (Flute) svira zavodljivu i egzotičnu temu Blue Sands sa prvog albuma za Chico Hamiltona - Chico Hamilton Quintet Featuring Buddy Collette iz 1956. godine.

Na snimku, pored fantastičnog bendiledera sjajan gitarski rad, bejbi fejs Erica Dolphyja i neke sofosticirane dame u publici:

Eric Dolphy bilo šta...

Ovo se zaglavilo u arhivama, jedan od omiljenijeh mu albuma (od onolko kolko sam stigo da čujem). Superb soul jazz i malo preko

• +1 1

Odličan Svin'tin'&shee'!

Manhajmske rokete* sabajle, vrlodobro & velobodro, тхе бест оф ван мац цоу.

Dalje, malo osenčenije..

____

*Glasom Andraša Šifa

'The instrumentals are obvi the talk of the town on this album, at least more than the 20 seconds of vocals are, and they should be because he’s got a great ensemble here. Starting with his bass parts, I think for a fusion album led by a bassist they’re shockingly held back, which is good because I didn’t want 40 minutes of bass noodling, but I do wish that he gave himself more time in the spotlight. As for the basslines themselves, I think they were a solid mix of groovy and memorable, they always supported the other instrumentals, and oftentimes he threw in little fills and riffs that fit right in with the rhythm section while elevating himself just the right amount so that it wasn’t disruptive. Next, Tony Williams is a machine on this album, and its truly a shame he isn’t present on any other Stan solo records, the drum tone is perfect, his fills are immensely interesting and really rhythmically interesting, his beats are strong but still give plenty of breathing room to the rest of the ensemble, and his solos are immense, I don’t know if you could get a better drummer for this to be honest.'

On 24. 9. 2024. at 6:41, Ras said:

Ovo je isečak iz filma Jazz on a Summer's Day snimljenog  u Njuportu te godine. Bend Čika Hamiltona je išao negde pred kraj filma, pre Luja Armstronga i Mahalije Džekson. Preporučujem ceo film, po meni najbolji džez dokumentarac ikad snimljen. Što se sofisticiranosti tiče, uvodne scene, nastupi Džimija Đufrea i Monka su neprevaziđeni.

Ima i na YT:

Share & Enjoy

• Hvala 2

nezaobilazni

Faith For My Mind (Path Of Light Records, 1983) is the debut recording Of SOLAR (Source Of Life Arkestral Revelation), and has gone on to become a vinyl collector's classic worldwide. It is considered one of the primary fore-runners of the Neo-Soul movement, bridging the spaces between the music of earlier artists such as Doug and Jean Carne, Lonnie Liston Smith, Pharaoh Sanders to Fifth Dimension, on to EWF, and forward to more contemporary artists such as Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, etc. SOLAR's Faith For My Mind is unique for its seamless assimilation of soul, jazz, reggae, European classical, African rhythmic, and gospel influences. Universal in its appeal, it is spiritual inspiration at the highest level of musical expression.

'

i ajde još ovo od spiritual jazz funk rariteta. As much spiritual adherents of the black sound as they were of black Islam, Father's Children was born in the dirt and grime of Washington, D.C., and incubated in local producer Robert Hosea Williams' less-than-immaculate suburban beltway garage.

Ovom sam stvari otvarao setove nekadm dok pogledam šta radi koje dugme, dok se fokuirsm, Odličan latin jazz render, milina za slušanje. I ova druga je tu negde, u ekipi.

• +1 1