IGNORED

Premier League 2020-21

ArleKino

45 minutes ago, WTID said:

Jel moguce da ne mogu da nadju pojacanje nigde pa kopaju po Championshipu?

Izgleda da je dogovorio sa Celtikom za jun, kad mu istice ugovor pa ovih 6 meseci su samo prelaz. Izgleda da je Kloppu sad najvaznije ono sto pise u FM-u: Injury ProneVery Unlikely :lolol:

Spoiler

It’s almost getting to the stage where David Moyes could open up a successful clinic for players who have reached a crossroads in their careers.

His latest project? Jesse Lingard.

Given Moyes’ successful track record of revitalising the careers of talented footballers, many will agree he feels like the perfect manager to give Lingard some much-needed confidence and get him back on track.

The 28-year-old has joined West Ham United on loan from Manchester United until the end of the season.

The agreement doesn’t include an option for the London club to buy Lingard at the end of his loan spell, but he will augment Moyes’ attacking options and provide competition to the likes of Jarrod Bowen, Pablo Fornals and Said Benrahma.

West Ham will pay a loan fee of around £1.5 million for the attacking midfielder and cover his £100,000 a week wages. Lingard, who will wear No 11, is their third signing this month following the arrival of centre-back Frederik Alves from Silkeborg and the conversion of Benrahma’s loan from Brentford into a permanent deal.

Moyes has shown a knack of signing underappreciated Manchester United players and turning them into first-team regulars. During his time as Everton manager from 2002-13, Tim Howard, Phil Neville, Darron Gibson and Louis Saha all made the switch from Old Trafford to Goodison Park and became important members of the team.

Lingard wanted to reunite Moyes, whom he played under briefly at Manchester United in the 2013-14 pre-season. Indeed, the England midfielder, who rejected alternative Premier League loan moves to West Bromwich Albion and Newcastle United, scored the first goal of Moyes’ nine-month spell in charge during a friendly against an A-League All Stars side in Sydney.

The West Ham manager played a key role in convincing Lingard that he will feature in his plans over the coming months.

He has seen limited playing time under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer this season, playing a combined total of 179 minutes in two Carabao Cup fixtures and the FA Cup third-round win over Watford. Although Lingard is yet to play in the Premier League this season, only making the bench for four of their 20 games so far, those close to the player believe he can still earn a place in Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the European Championship finals this summer.

Lingard hasn’t played for England since the Nations League third/fourth play-off against Switzerland in June 2019 but it is worth noting he was a key performer for Southgate during the World Cup the previous summer, starting five of the seven games and scoring a memorable goal in the group stage win over Panama.

Since then Lingard’s career has stalled but Lee Clark, who was his manager during a loan spell at Birmingham City seven seasons ago, believes he is good enough to earn a recall if he gets regular game time at club level.

“It will be good to see him play with a smile on his face,” Clark tells The Athletic. “My message to Jesse would be, ‘Get out there and enjoy yourself again’. If he does all the right things, he’ll be great for Moyes. He has great awareness, he can play the final ball very well and he also contributes big goals for someone who’s not an out-and-out striker. For his debut at Birmingham, he scored four goals (in a Championship game against Sheffield Wednesday), and that’s my favourite memory when it comes to Jesse.

“We’ve stayed in touch and I remember coming up against him when he was on loan at Derby County (in 2015). He waited for me after the game and said, ‘Thanks for everything, gaffer’. West Ham are having a magnificent season and Jesse can help improve that team because he’s so versatile. He can play on the left, down the middle or on the right.

“I can see why various clubs were interested but West Ham is a good fit. Moyes will get the best out of him and it’s important for Jesse to get a run of games. He won’t be happy with just sitting on the bench and if he can get his confidence back, there’s no reason why he can’t earn a place in Gareth Southgate’s squad for the Euros. Gareth has worked with him and knows his ability. He’ll give Gareth a selection problem.”

Lingard’s versatility will be an added bonus for West Ham.

In the 3-2 win at Crystal Palace on Tuesday, Moyes played a 4-2-3-1 formation with Benrahma in the No 10 role and Fornals and Bowen operating on the left and right flanks. That trio have scored seven league goals between them this season, and also provided seven assists.

Given their current form it will be tough for Lingard to immediately force his way in the starting XI. In the event the midfielder does struggle to get in the side, he should look at how fellow loanee Craig Dawson transitioned from a periphery figure to a first-team regular. The defender, who has been borrowed from Watford of the Championship, initially struggled to dislodge Fabian Balbuena but when the Paraguayan had to self-isolate amid the pandemic, Dawson was given a chance against Southampton a month ago and has not put a foot wrong since.

West Ham’s main attacking threat from the bench is currently Andriy Yarmolenko, and while he is capable of having an impact, Lingard’s arrival is certainly an upgrade. He has previously shone on big occasions for Manchester United, most notably with goals in the 2015-16 FA Cup final and the following season’s League Cup final.

Rene Meulensteen coached Lingard at Manchester United and, given his lack of recent playing time, he firmly believes the attacking midfielder has a point to prove.

“West Ham will reap the rewards of Jesse’s work rate,” Meulensteen tells The Athletic. “He’s the type of player that will put the effort in time and time again. I like Jesse a lot. We’re still in touch and I always try and give him advice whenever I can. I want the best for him and because Jesse isn’t a young kid any more. He needs to play and just enjoy his football again.

“When you go through a tough spell, it can play on your mind a lot. But for someone like Jesse, there’s nothing wrong with pressing the reset button. A new environment under Moyes will be good for him and he will want to prove to Gareth Southgate that he deserves to be in his plans. He still has a lot to give and hopefully he hits the ground running and the fans embrace him. Jesse will have a point to prove and he needs to show everyone that he’s not done. He can help West Ham achieve their best ever league finish in the Premier League (currently fifth, in 1998-99).”

It says a lot about West Ham’s progress over the past 12 months that they have been able to land a player of Lingard’s calibre.

This time last year such a move would have been fanciful, as the club were only out of the bottom three on goal difference. But over that period the team have markedly improved and now hold hopes of European qualification heading into the second half of the league season.

Recruitment has been a major factor behind this resurgence under Moyes, with Bowen, Dawson, Benrahma, Vladimir Coufal and Tomas Soucek all making positive impacts after arriving in the previous two transfer windows. The hope is Lingard will follow suit and Meulensteen is looking forward to seeing a potential partnership with Michail Antonio.

“I’m still in contact with Jesse and the advice I always give him is, ‘I want you to be a player that will always influence the game. That’s the player you need to be’. I’ve known him since he was six and when he was young, people would doubt him. They would say, ‘He’s too small, he’s not going to make it’. And look, Jesse became an England international.

“So he always proves people wrong and he will have a spring in his step. I think Jesse and Antonio will complement each other. Antonio is in great form and has really bulked up. They can form a good partnership. West Ham have good creative players like Bowen, Benrahma, Manuel Lanzini and Fornals but, in my opinion, Moyes would get the best out of Jesse by playing him off the front where he can roam around and use that creativity to hurt the opposition.

“On paper, it looks really exciting.”

Za čekićare umesto suncokreta i semenki.

17 minutes ago, Zlurad said:

Izgleda da je dogovorio sa Celtikom za jun, kad mu istice ugovor pa ovih 6 meseci su samo prelaz. Izgleda da je Kloppu sad najvaznije ono sto pise u FM-u: Injury ProneVery Unlikely :lolol:

Evo i SKy javlja da bi kao deo dogovora trebao i Sepp van der Berg da pojaca North End.

3 minutes ago, radisa said:

Kontra za udžbenike, sunce ti žarko... :hail:

2 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Picard said:

Svaka čast za ovaj drugi gol :hail:

šaćiri :ziga:

1 minute ago, radnik said:

Glupa statistika, Drogba 104 gola, Salah 90, jos 10 do stotke i bice najbolji africki strelac, Visko i matematika :D6

Evo sad je nekako izračunao da Salah daje više golova kad Mane nije na terenu, što nema ni teoretske šanse da je tačno ali boli ga uvo...

• +1 1