IGNORED

Coronavirus Covid-19 - opšta tema

Skyhighatrist

3 minutes ago, April said:

U drugim vestima, po Domovima zdravlja, med.sestre masovno beže na bolovanje.

Sto se mene tice. mogu da ostanu kod kuce i kad zavrsi kriza.

3 minutes ago, April said:

U drugim vestima, po Domovima zdravlja, med.sestre masovno beže na bolovanje.

U Makedoniji to nije dozvoljeno zdravstvenim radnicima, ni bolovanje, ni godisnji ..

Just now, cedo said:

U Makedoniji to nije dozvoljeno zdravstvenim radnicima, ni bolovanje, ni godisnji ..

Kako mogu da im zabrane?

Pitanje se posebno odnosi na osobe sa hroničnim stanjima kojih svakako ima i među med.radnicima.

Raziđite se, nothing to see here

"I pored našeg političkog insistiranja, svi razumemo paniku i moram da kažem histeriju društvu, ne postoji stručno opravdanje za obustavu nastave. I to sam prenela, kao predsednica vlade, predsedniku Srbije, ne mogu da donesem tu odluku", izjavila je Brnabić, obraćajući se medijima i javnosti.

Nakon nje, javnosti se obratio i epidemiolog dr Predrag Kon koji je naglasio da deca ne prenose koronavirus, po najnovijim informacijama koje stižu iz Kine. "Činjenica da se javljaju asimptomatske reakcije kod školaraca, ali se ne zna koliko. To su fakti. U takvoj situaciji prevremeno donositi odluke o zatvaranju škola je greška i stojim čvrsto iza toga", rekao je Kon.

Ma naravno da prenose. Kako mogu da ne prenose, a zabeleženi su slučajevi i ozbiljnijih manifestacija korone kod dece i smrti.

confirmed cases
DEATH RATE
all cases
80+ years old
21.9%
14.8%
70-79 years old

8.0%
60-69 years old

3.6%
50-59 years old

1.3%
40-49 years old

0.4%
30-39 years old

0.2%
20-29 years old

0.2%
10-19 years old

0.2%
0-9 years old

no fatalities

edit: sa WHO sajta je tabela

Edited by kralj

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/notes-from-ucsf-expert-panel-march-10-dr-jordan-shlain-m-d-/?obama

University of California, San Francisco BioHub Panel on COVID-19

March 10, 2020

• Panelists
  • Joe DeRisi: UCSF’s top infectious disease researcher. Co-president of ChanZuckerberg BioHub (a JV involving UCSF / Berkeley / Stanford). Co-inventor of the chip used in SARS epidemic.
  • Emily Crawford: COVID task force director. Focused on diagnostics
  • Cristina Tato: Rapid Response Director. Immunologist. 
  • Patrick Ayescue: Leading outbreak response and surveillance. Epidemiologist.  
  • Chaz Langelier: UCSF Infectious Disease doc

What’s below are essentially direct quotes from the panelists. I bracketed the few things that are not quotes.

• Top takeaways 
  • At this point, we are past containment. Containment is basically futile. Our containment efforts won’t reduce the number who get infected in the US. 
  • Now we’re just trying to slow the spread, to help healthcare providers deal with the demand peak. In other words, the goal of containment is to "flatten the curve", to lower the peak of the surge of demand that will hit healthcare providers. And to buy time, in hopes a drug can be developed. 
  • How many in the community already have the virus? No one knows.
  • We are moving from containment to care. 
  • We in the US are currently where at where Italy was a week ago. We see nothing to say we will be substantially different.
  • 40-70% of the US population will be infected over the next 12-18 months. After that level you can start to get herd immunity. Unlike flu this is entirely novel to humans, so there is no latent immunity in the global population.
  • [We used their numbers to work out a guesstimate of deaths— indicating about 1.5 million Americans may die. The panelists did not disagree with our estimate. This compares to seasonal flu’s average of 50K Americans per year. Assume 50% of US population, that’s 160M people infected. With 1% mortality rate that's 1.6M Americans die over the next 12-18 months.]  
  • The fatality rate is in the range of 10X flu.
  • This assumes no drug is found effective and made available.
  • The death rate varies hugely by age. Over age 80 the mortality rate could be 10-15%. [See chart by age Signe found online, attached at bottom.]  
  • Don’t know whether COVID-19 is seasonal but if is and subsides over the summer, it is likely to roar back in fall as the 1918 flu did
  • I can only tell you two things definitively. Definitively it’s going to get worse before it gets better. And we'll be dealing with this for the next year at least. Our lives are going to look different for the next year.