IGNORED

F1

Ivo Petović

Ovo ce sigurno zanimati @Have_Fun 

spacer.png

To directly compare the two units (Sainz's old unit and Leclerc's new one) with the data from the tests would have led to totally unreliable results given the different work schedules of the drivers. Just as in the race, there are countless variables that influence performance, from the mileage of the power units to the mapping chosen, from the tires fitted to the traffic and so on. In order to produce a comparison that was at least plausible, we found about ten laps throughout the race in which the cars were running without traffic at the same time, and we compared the straight-line performance of Sainz and Leclerc. Of the whole data package we report the graphs of three cases, between main and back straight, but we had completely similar results in practically all the laps analyzed.

In all the stretches we can see a better high speed corner for Leclerc, with always 3 to 5 km/h more acceleration and with a time between 1 and 2 tenths per straight for the Monegasque. The speeds then tend to converge at the end of the straight, a sign of a clipping for Leclerc, who was evidently able to exploit the hybrid part to a greater extent, thus confirming the origin of the difference we see. As mentioned, for the writer it is essential that the analysis reported are serious and reliable, and these differences can be influenced by a large number of factors, so they are to be taken with great care, but let's say that if they derived from the new features, they would show a potential significant leap forward in the general efficiency of the Maranello propulsion unit.

• +1 2

A evo i potvrde onoga što se špekulisalo - da RBR i Honda nastavljaju saradnju u odredjenom obimu, Honda će tokom 2022. pružati podršku u trkama i pri izgradnji agregata, pomoći će da se tranzicija sprovede što efikasnije, prebaciti zaposlene Red Bullu i slično, Red Bull preuzima sve oko motora tek od 2023.… A da, zajedno “razvijaju i mlade vozače” tako da eto zašto Yuki ostaje.

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullracing/red-bull-honda-collaborate-on-motorsport-beyond-f1

• +1 1

I promeniše obojica motore, očekivano. S tim što može da se desi do kraja sezone još promena komponenata i nekih kazni, mada verovatni nijedan neće startovati sa začelja. Ali 7 trka do kraja je puno. 

Andretti tipped to take majority stake in Sauber’s F1 team

CART Indycar champion and former Formula 1 driver Michael Andretti is understood to be pursuing a takeover of Sauber, which runs Alfa Romeo’s team.

spacer.png

RaceFans has learned Andretti is closing on a deal to buy 80% of shares in Islero Investments at a price of €350 million (£296.86m), putting it in control of the Sauber Motorsport and Sauber Engineering divisions.

Andretti formed the Andretti Acquisition Corporation in March with a target of raising at least $250 million (£183.49m) through an initial public offering. However a spokesperson for the acquisition corporation told RaceFans it is not involved.

The Andretti operation already includes a successful IndyCar team, which won the Indianapolis 500 on three out of four occasions between 2014 and 2017, and recently hired ex-F1 driver Romain Grosjean. They also have a Formula E team, which until this year was linked to BMW, and entered the inaugural season of Extreme E this year.

Andretti’s interest in Sauber has been long rumoured. The F1 team was purchased by Swedish investment firm Longbow Finance in 2016. Under the Alfa Romeo brand it has scaled up in recent seasons, doubling its F1 workforce to over 500 employees, and hired Valtteri Bottas to join it from Mercedes next year. The team is yet to announce its second driver for 2022.

Edited by Jimmy Kowalski