IGNORED

Sirija

Budja

Mozda su imali lepe gradove nekada, ali nisu imali demokratsko pravo da svaka budala moze da razara, ubija i rasparcava zemlju ...

Ne, samo jedna.

situacija u Alepu, odbrana rebela se polako ali sigurno raspada, jasno se vidi namera da se spoje ove dve crvene površine na mapi, a onda goodbyeCnKeLz8VMAAVg-E.jpg

The Obama administration’s offer to coordinate air attacks in Syria with Russia has opened a deepening rift between senior national security officials who insist it could quiet Syria’s civil carnage and further larger counterterrorism goals, and those who consider it a counterproductive sellout to the Kremlin.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry, who said last month that reaching an “understanding” with Russia was “the most important thing” in moving Syria forward, plans to push the deal when he meets Thursday in Moscow with President Vladi­mir Putin.

The U.S. proposal, which has not been made public, calls for the establishment of a “Joint Implementation Group” with Russia, through which the two countries would initially exchange intelligence and operational information on the locations of Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate, and “synchronize” their independent operations against the Islamic State. Once al-Nusra targets have been agreed, they would determine what action to take and “deconflict” their air operations.

In exchange, Moscow would use its leverage to effectively ground Syria’s air force, limiting its operations to non-combat humanitarian and medical-evacuation missions. Both the United States and Russia would recommit themselves to pushing for a political settlement to Syria’s civil war.

Opa

Obama’s Syria plan teams up American and Russian forces
By Josh Rogin July 13 at 7:32 PM

The Obama administration’s new proposal to Russia on Syria is more extensive than previously known. It would open the way for deep cooperation between U.S. and Russian military and intelligence agencies and coordinated air attacks by American and Russian planes on Syrian rebels deemed to be terrorists, according to the text of the proposal I obtained.

Secretary of State John F. Kerry plans to discuss the plan with top Russian officials in a visit to Moscow on Thursday. As I first reported last month, the administration is proposing joining with Russia in a ramped-up bombing campaign against Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda’s Syria branch, which is also known as the Nusrah Front. What hasn’t been previously reported is that the United States is suggesting a new military command-and-control headquarters to coordinate the air campaign that would house U.S. and Russian military officers, intelligence officials and subject-matter experts.

Overall, the proposal would dramatically shift the United States’ Syria policy by directing more American military power against Jabhat al-Nusra, which unlike the Islamic State is focused on fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad. While this would expand the U.S. counterterrorism mission in Syria, it would also be a boon for the Assad regime, which could see the forces it is fighting dramatically weakened. The plan also represents a big change in U.S.-Russia policy. It would give Russian President Vladi­mir Putin something he has long wanted: closer military relations with the United States and a thawing of his international isolation. That’s why the Pentagon was initially opposed to the plan.

Yet for all this, it’s not at all clear that the plan will be accepted by Putin — or that Russia will fulfill its terms if he does. Administration officials caution that no final decisions have been made and that no formal agreement has been reached between the two countries. Negotiations over the text are ongoing ahead of Kerry’s arrival in Russia.

The proposed “Joint Implementation Group” (JIG) would be housed near Amman, Jordan, with the mission to “enable expanded coordination between the United States and the Russian Federation beyond the established safety of flight procedures.”

Under the Obama proposal, the United States and Russia would establish separate headquarters at the new operation and a shared coordination office. Each side would be required to deploy at that location “senior national representatives,” intelligence personnel, subject-matter experts and operations personnel “with expertise in national procedures for strike planning, targeting, weaponeering, operational law and other functions.” Both countries would deploy support staff as well, “to manage logistics, force protection, communications and other requirements.” There’s no estimate in the proposal for the exact number of personnel required.

“The participants, through the JIG, should enable coordination between the participants for military operations against” Jabhat al-Nusra, the document states. First, the United States and Russia would share intelligence. Then, if both governments agreed, “the participants should coordinate procedures to permit integrated operations.”

The initial mission would include the United States and Russia developing Jabhat al-Nusra and Islamic State targets together and then deciding which air force would fly which missions. Later, if both governments agreed, the two air forces could begin “integrated operations” that include assisting each other in the fight.

In exchange for U.S. assistance against Jabhat al-Nusra, the Russian side would be required to limit airstrikes to targets both sides agreed on and also to ensure that the Syrian air force would stand down and not bomb targets in agreed-upon “designated areas.”

The proposal provides some large exceptions for the constraints on the Russians and the Assad regime, however. The Russian air force would still be permitted to strike Jabhat al-Nusra unilaterally if there were an “imminent threat” to their personnel. The Syrian regime would be allowed to bomb Jabhat al-Nusra if the group tried to advance beyond “designated areas” in which they already operate. Also, if Jabhat al-Nusra attacked the regime, even from the “designated areas,” the Russians could come to the aid of the regime, according to the proposal. The details of the “designated areas” are not spelled out in the document.

“All actions should be consistent with the terms of the cessation of hostilities,” the document states, referring the cease-fire. The State Department admits neither Russia nor the Assad regime are adhering to the cease-fire now.

In the second part of the proposal, called the “Approach for Practical Russian-American Cooperation against Daesh and Jabhat al Nusra and Strengthening the Cessation of Hostilities,” the administration spells out details about how it wants the United States and Russia to work together on the ground.

Within five days of establishment of the JIG, the two sides are to come up with a common map of all Jabhat al-Nusra locations and begin sharing intelligence on leadership targets, training camps, logistical depots, supply lines and headquarters. They will then set about developing targets for strikes in the “designated areas.”

“Designated areas include areas of most concentrated Nusrah Front presence, areas of significant Nusrah Front presence, and areas where the opposition is dominant, with some possible Nusrah Front presence,” the proposal states. “The process of target development through the JIG and airstrikes against Nusra targets by Russian Aerospace Forces and/or U.S. military forces will be ongoing and continuous.”

The document concludes by declaring that the United States and Russia should complete another agreement by July 31 on military and intelligence cooperation, a plan for a nationwide cease-fire and a new framework for a political transition in Syria.

One senior administration official described the document as “prudent planning.” “We have long said we would welcome Russia’s increased focus on ISIL and al-Qaida in Syria,” said the official. “It is not surprising that the Department of Defense, as a matter of prudent planning, would devise draft procedures to implement any enhanced coordination.”

Kerry sees the proposal as a way to reduce the violence in Syria and ground the regime’s air force. The risk is that attacking Jabhat al-Nusra in conjunction with the Russians will spur terrorist recruiting, increase civilian casualties and put the United States firmly on the wrong side of the revolution in the eyes of the Syrian people. Also, there’s no enforcement mechanism if the Putin or Assad regimes violate their commitments — as they have consistently done until now.

Even in the best-case scenario, where Russia and Syria hold up their end of the bargain, the result could be major advances for the Assad regime.

While Jabhat al-Nusra is a problem, teaming up with the Russian air force might not be the best solution.

Nije to daily "opa!". Ovo je "opa!" dana, meseca i godine. Ujedno i objašnjenje za tiho škartiranje Dautovića™ jer on ovakve izjave ne bi mogao da izbaci čak i kada bi hteo.

ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey aims to develop good relations with Syria and Iraq, and both countries need to be stable for counter-terrorism efforts to succeed, Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said on Wednesday.

Turkey has long been one of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's staunchest opponents, arguing that only his departure could stabilise Syria. That has set it at odds with Assad's ally Russia and distanced it from a U.S.-led coalition more focussed on fighting Islamic State.

Since taking office in May, Yildirim has repeatedly said that Turkey needs to "increase its friends and decrease its enemies" - an apparent tacit admission that past policies have left Ankara sidelined.

"It is our greatest and irrevocable goal: Developing good relations with Syria and Iraq, and all our neighbours that surround the Mediterranean and the Black Sea," Yildirim said, in comments broadcast live on television.

"We normalised relations with Russia and Israel. I'm sure we will normalise relations with Syria as well. For the fight against terrorism to succeed stability needs to return to Syria and Iraq," he said.

Jihadist group Islamic State, which controls parts of Syria and Iraq, has also established a network across the border in Turkey that has been blamed for a series of suicide bombings, some of which have targeted foreign tourists.

Turkey last month announced the restoration of diplomatic ties with Israel after a six-year rupture and expressed regret to Russia over the downing of a warplane, seeking to mend strained alliances. Officials have insisted those moves do not mark a broader foreign policy shift for Ankara.

"There is currently no change in Turkey's Syria policy. Turkey does not want to have problems with any countries in the region and emphasises the importance of ending terrorism as well as engaging in close cooperation for regional stability," one official told Reuters after Yildirim's comments.

Još neko vreme će peglati kako ovo ne podrazumeva Asadov ostanak a onda će i to da utihne.

Gde si bio pet godina - nigde, šta si radio pet godina - ništa. Dobro došli u Bratstvo.

Malo su se posvadjali Asad i Sultan sad ce to da se iznivelise evo ruke zajedno smo lepsi itd.

Do sledeceg desavanja hipstera zeljnih demokratije.

Nije to daily "opa!". Ovo je "opa!" dana, meseca i godine. Ujedno i objašnjenje za tiho škartiranje Dautovića™ jer on ovakve izjave ne bi mogao da izbaci čak i kada bi hteo.

Još neko vreme će peglati kako ovo ne podrazumeva Asadov ostanak a onda će i to da utihne.

Gde si bio pet godina - nigde, šta si radio pet godina - ništa. Dobro došli u Bratstvo.

Znaci ono izvinjenje zbog obaranja aviona nije bilo samo izvinjenje... Ali, ne razumem zasto sada menjaju politiku, mislim, sta je tu za turke ako ostane Asad? Jel ovo neki trenutni zaokret da se stabilizuje Turska (ubije ISIS + se malo boostuje turizam i ekonomija povratkom Rusije)?

Pa najnoviji teroristicki napadi i americka sve veca podrska Kurdima je verovatno najveci razlog  zaokreta(koji tek treba u praksi da potvrde)

p.s. Naravno i ozbiljno uzdrmana ekonomija ...

Znaci ono izvinjenje zbog obaranja aviona nije bilo samo izvinjenje... Ali, ne razumem zasto sada menjaju politiku, mislim, sta je tu za turke ako ostane Asad? Jel ovo neki trenutni zaokret da se stabilizuje Turska (ubije ISIS + se malo boostuje turizam i ekonomija povratkom Rusije)?

Pa ono, genijalci su napokon skontali da će prvi nusprodukt Asadovog pada biti kurdska država širine nekih hiljadu kilometara duž turske granice. Ovo je košmar No. 1 za svaku tursku vlast i ništa ne predstavlja veću opasnost za zemlju od toga - čak ni isis. Stoga je Asad neko koga bi u Ankari trebalo da drže kao malo vode na dlanu ali eto, zov Bratstva je bio jači i Dautović™ je iskusno izračunao da se vredi upustiti u avanturu sa Asadovim svrgavanjem a sirijske Kurde će već neko, negde, nekada rešiti.

Pri tome Dautović™ važi za najobrazovanijeg i najpametnijeg u toj ekipi :isuse:

Tako su četiri godine skakutali sa jednom samoupucanom nogom a onda su samoupucali i drugu nogu sa onim ruskim avionom i najzad došli u potpuno bezizlaznu poziciju. Sada se spasava šta može da se spase jer je jedino bitno da sirijski Kurdi ne dobiju ništa i da budu stavljeni pod kontrolu. Batali i Asada, i Latakiju, i Alepo, i goloruke Turkmene, i Bratstvo, i međunarodnu blamažu - sve to je ništa spram scenarija u kojem narajcani Kurdi drže sever Sirije i odatle napadaju Tursku. Sprečavanje toga je prioritet svih prioriteta a ovi mudraci su to skapirali početkom ove godine. Al' ajde, bolje ikad nego nikad.

Edited by beowl