IGNORED

Sirija

Budja

Obama je svog Nobela pošteno otplatio, s obzirom na poziciju i pre svega okruženje u kom obitava.

nekoliko stotina hiljada mrtvih i desetine miliona izbeglih - posteno

Sam koncept "otplate" - pa i eventualno poštene - zvuci nekako iza granice ludila.

Pa dali su mu je unapred, dakle morao je da je odradi.

U Libiji je bio iza Francuza, nije se trtio;puštao je da njegove red lines u Siriji budu kršene i bio all too happy da mu Lavrov nudi izlaz preko CW dogovora; u političkom establišmentu redovno je najveći golub itd itd. Ko misli da može mnogo bolje od toga neka nam se javi sredinom 2017, kad se 45. predsednik(ca) bude ozbiljno pitao "čto deljat?"

Neka avganistanska deca i svatovi bi se, da mogu, ispovraćali po njegovom Nobelu. To što će naredni predsednik SAD biti neki neokonski ludak ne čini ovog svecem.

Obama je svog Nobela pošteno otplatio, s obzirom na poziciju i pre svega okruženje u kom obitava.

Well, nije Nobel memoarska gradja i istorijska citanka pa da se njegovo delo meri u odnosu na okruzenje u kom obitava.

Tako da tesko da ga je otplatio. Taj Nobel je bio i ostace sprdnja, bar zbog pakistanskih dronova, recimo.

Kvaliteti Obame u spoljnoj politici su drugi par cipela.

Neka avganistanska deca i svatovi bi se, da mogu, ispovraćali po njegovom Nobelu. To što će naredni predsednik SAD biti neki neokonski ludak ne čini ovog svecem.

Pa ne treba da budeš svetac da bi dobio Nobela - Arafat, Gorbačev, Sadat, Kisindžer itd

Al-Qaeda fighters evoke Afghan jihad as they promise to turn Syria into graveyard for Russian invaders

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11909720/Al-Qaeda-fighters-evoke-Afghan-jihad-as-they-promise-to-turn-Syria-into-graveyard-for-Russian-invaders.html

-------------------------------

U međuvremenu:

Slobodna dalmacija nakon teksta Sretan narod, sretna omladina, odbila da objavi i drugi tekst njezinog redovnog kolumniste Damira Pilića, Europa se budi iz američkog sna.

http://www.forum.tm/vijesti/tekst-damira-pilica-koji-slobodna-ne-zeli-objaviti-europa-se-budi-iz-americkog-sna-3596

Edited by apostata

pokušavam nekako da skapiram ko se tu s kim sukobljava i teško mi ide... jedna od glavnih nedoumica mi je kakva je razlika između al nusre i isis-a? jesu li to iste organizacije ili slične i da li njih finansira saudi arab. i katar? 

i da li ima istine u nekim tvrdnjama koje sam pronašao na internetu da arabija/katar hoće da svrgnu asada iz verskih razloga a katar još + iz razloga što im asad nije dozvolio (ili sa njima dogovorio) da preko sirije ide gasovod za evropu...ili je to nebitno odnosno netačno?

What is Putin really up to in Syria?
14 top Putinologists weigh in.

By POLITICO 
10/2/15, 8:19 AM CET

‘In [Putin’s] terms, he is winning. And on our terms we are losing.’

By Edward Lucas, writer for the Economist and senior vice-president at the Center for European Policy Analysis, a think-tank in Warsaw and Washington, DC.

Russia has won. That is the bleak conclusion facing the frontline states of Europe after a catastrophic week for Western diplomacy and American leadership.

The week began with Vladimir Putin’s triumph at the UN General Assembly. He spoke as a leader with a real interest in power. He berated the West for its weakness and recklessness, and feigned sympathy for the victims of ISIL. But his words were backed by a menacing willingness to break rules, take risks and endure pain. President Barack Obama was at his waffly worst: a leader who treats rhetoric as a substitute for policy.
The same day brought another triumph for Mr. Putin—a face-to-face meeting with Mr. Obama. Russia’s official media trumpeted this as evidence that the era of diplomatic isolation, supposedly a punishment for the war in Ukraine, was over.

Next came Russia’s move on Syria. The weapons that Russia is sending there are not an attempt to settle the conflict. They are there to protect the Assad regime, which is its cause. Moreover, ISIL does not have warplanes: Russia’s air defense missiles are in Syria for a different purpose.
This became clear on Wednesday, when America was given less than an hour’s warning that the Kremlin was imposing, in effect, a no-fly zone in Syria. With this the Russians not only mounted a direct challenge to American authority. They also ripped up the rulebook of military diplomacy. America was aghast, but had no response.

The first target in all this is Russian public opinion. The soap opera in Ukraine is over. The heroic separatists, their evil fascist foes, and the cynical Western meddlers have been retired. The new entertainment is a thrilling and exotic epic set in Syria, with the Assad regime as the heroic defenders of civilized values, Russian their valiant allies and the West as the defenders of jihadist barbarians.

Like most soap operas, this plot bears little relation to reality. A peace deal in Syria is possible—but Russia cannot broker or enforce it. Its central element would be a new deal for Sunni Arabs—echoing the one which ended the insurgency in Iraq in 2007. It would need the support of the Qataris and Saudis, cooperation from the Turks and Iranian and Russian pressure on the Assad regime. The only country which could conceivably make that happen is the United States.

That won’t happen, so in the meantime Syria bleeds, Europe quails at the seemingly unstoppable influx of migrants, and Mr Putin chuckles.
His second aim is achieved too. For all its military, diplomatic and economic weakness, Russia has re-established itself as an indispensable power, with which the West must deal—and on Russia’s terms.

The chances of real success are slender to negligible. But the West’s blunders in Syria have been so great that Mr. Putin now looks like a responsible statesman, to whom we turn in desperation for help.

The most shocking aspect of this is that the West does not realize what is happening. Experts still believe that Mr. Putin’s adventure in Syria is a dreadful mistake—another Afghanistan. They believe that sanctions are biting, that he has lost the war in Ukraine, and is now looking for a return to normality.

This thinking misunderstands Mr. Putin’s mindset. He does not worry about Russia’s long-term economic health. He sees politics as a ruthless zero-sum game in which victory goes to the player with the strongest nerves and fastest movements. In his terms, he is winning. And on our terms we are losing.
Now he can exact his price. What will it be?