Avijacija bez granica...

dare...

I camped out in the old tower at LAX for 8 hours and photographed every departure...

And then composited it all together into one scene, showing how LAX changes from daytime into nighttime:

nFlWYdL.jpg

isti tip koji je uradio ovo

Flying Heritage Collection

For the first time in well over half a century, a German Junkers Jumo 004 jet engine has been brought back to life! At 2:45 Pacific Standard Time, restorers at Aero Turbine conducted the initial tests on the first of two turbojet engines slated to power the Flying Heritage Collection’s restored Messerschmitt Me 262 jet fighter. “The tests today went well,” said restorers. “We were able to gather a lot of valuable information that will help with further Jumo engine runs.”

The original WWII-era Jumo 004 was painstakingly re-engineered using sophisticated metal alloy components and modern production techniques in order to overcome the problems encountered with the notoriously troublesome power plants during the war. After many more months of work, the Flying Heritage Collection will finally take the world’s only WWII-era, flyable Messerschmitt Me 262 jet fighter back into the skies!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152841379843666

@Indy - tamo je grupa Berlin snimala Take my breath away. Mogao bih godinama da preturam i da se igram sa starim avionima. :)

A sada nešto potpuno drugačije. Prve fotografije budućeg najvećeg aviona na svetu, budućeg nosača kosmičkih raketa. 

Inside The Roc's Lair
Feb 25, 2015
by Guy Norris in On Space

The massive size of the carrier aircraft now in assembly at Mojave, California, for Stratolaunch Systems’s space launch program is apparent for the first time in these rare stills taken from footage shot for a recent news story by KGET 17, a Bakersfield TV station.

ROC1.jpg

One of the two enormous twin fuselage sections under assembly. Individuals working on the structure are ringed in red circles for scale.

The NBC affiliate was granted unprecedented access to film the gargantuan vehicle, dubbed ‘Roc’ after the giant bird of prey in Middle East mythology, as part of an overview report on space-related developments at Mojave. Although Stratolaunch has produced computer-generated images and videos of the Roc, the TV footage is the first time images of the real vehicle in a substantial state of completion have been shown.

ROC2a.jpg

Another view of a boom with a worker circled for scale on part of the wing section.

Built for Stratolaunch by Scaled Composites, the Roc will be the largest aircraft ever made with a wingspan of 385 ft. This compares to 320 ft for the Hughes H-4 Hercules (Spruce Goose), 290 ft for the six-engined Antonov An-225, 262 ft. for the Airbus A380, and 225 ft. for the Boeing 747-8. Powered by six reconditioned Pratt & Whitney PW4056 engines salvaged along with other parts from two ex-United Airlines Boeing 747-400s, the twin-fuselage carrier aircraft resembles a vastly enlarged version of the Scaled-built WhiteKnightTwo developed for Virgin Galactic.

ROC3a.jpg

The deep chord of the center wing section and narrow cross section of the aft fuselage booms is evident in this overview.

In the news report, Scaled Composites president Kevin Mickey says the company has so far built “roughly 200,000 lb. of composite structure” for the vehicle. He adds for effect that if the Roc was positioned on the centerline of the 50 yard line of an American football field the wingtips would hang over the goalposts “roughly 15 ft. on each side.”

ROC4a.jpg

Each of the twin fuselages of the Roc is 238-ft. long and, when complete, will be supported by 12 main landing gear wheels and two nose gear wheels for a total shipset of 28 wheels. The vehicle will be flown by a three-person crew from a cockpit situated in the right hand fuselage. The three-stage Thunderbolt rocket will be carried aloft for launch mounted beneath the wing center section.

ROC7a.jpg

Flight tests are scheduled to begin in around a year’s time, with initial launch operations starting in 2018. According to the latest information from Stratolaunch, the Orbital Sciences-built Thunderbolt will be 131-ft long, and weigh around 550,000 lb. Overall weight of the Roc and Thunderbolt will be 1.3 million lbs. The launch vehicle is designed to put 13,500 lb. into a 220 naut. mile, 28.5 degree (LEO) orbit. Payloads will be enclosed within a 16.4-ft diameter fairing. The three-stage vehicle will use ATK-provided solid rocket motors for the first and second stages, while the third will be powered by two liquid-fueled Aerojet Rocketdyne RL10C engines.

http://aviationweek.com/blog/inside-rocs-lair?NL=AW-19&Issue=AW-19_20150226_AW-19_762&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_5&YM_RID=CPEN1000000230026&YM_MID=1825

Kupljena su dva polovna Boinga 747 i mislilo se da će oni činiti osnovu aviona ali sada vidimo da se gradi potpuno nov trup a da će se sa starih aviona preneti motori. 

• 3 weeks later...

A U.S. Navy McDonnell F2H-2 Banshee (BuNo 125019) of Fighter Squadron 62 (VF-62) "Gladiators" from the aircraft carrier USS Coral Sea (CVB-43) after it had landed aboard USS Wasp (CV-18) in 1952.

VF-62 was assigned to Carrier Air Group 4 (CVG-4) aboard the Coral Sea for a deployment to the Mediterranean Sea from 19 April to 12 October 1952.

It was common practice to paint a visiting aircraft with comments: "VF-62 Guard Mail Original Coral Sea First"; "Fouled up"; "Must be Air Force"; "Airman Adams reporting sir"; "I wanna be a Ubangi" (referring to VF-12 "Flying Ubangis" on Wasp); "From Heaven to Coral Sea via Stinger", "You name it - you land on it". - (courtesy of the National Naval Aviation Museum)

taktika nalaže da se ne sreću nego da se pre svega gađaju bvr raketama sa par desetina km.

su-27 jeste najbolji eye candy, bez sumnje, ali to nije dovoljno za kvalitetnu upotrebu; na kraju krajeva avion je samo jedan deo celog sistema.

doduše f-35 zaista izgleda prepun dečjih bolesti, i tehničkih i finansijskih, videćemo šta će da se razvije od svega.

Edited by Prospero

Za Su-35S sve što Evropa sada ima (i EF Typhoon i Dassault Rafale) kao i cela američka teen generacija (F-15, 16, 18) su mala beba. Za razliku od doskorašnje prakse, dosetili su se da ono što ne umeju sami - kupe, pa su stavili Thales-ovu avioniku, čak i licencno prave Damocles pod. Jedini od koga je po simulacijama inferiorniji je F-22, i to u BVR. Plus, od svih je njih osetno jeftiniji za eksploataciju.

Po nekim nepotvrđenim informacijama koje sam na netu našao ovo čudo detektuje F-35 na 90 km, ergo daleko u BWR režimu. Drugo, ovo je manevarski i letno bolesno kvalitetan avion, što kod izbegavanja neprijateljskih raketa igra svoju ulogu, a bilo koji avion današnjice da mu dođe u WWR, sjebo se je (incl. F-22). Nešto su Rusi muvali sa usisnicima za vazduh, stealth premazima i ostalim čudima da mu smanje radarski odraz poprilično, bukvalno doveli avion na nivo perfekcije.

Aproved by Ausies.

Edited by Tribun_Populi

Kljucno je sto je prospero rekao - avion je samo deo celog sistema. Dakle treba videti kakva je pokrivenost satelitima, awacsima, elktronskim merama, SA sistemima itd itd. Zbog svega toga velicina i dobra organizovanost vojske igra kljucnu ulogu u sukobu. Dakle cak i ako se neko nakupuje su35 i cak i ako je on bolji 1-1 od amerikanaca opet ako dodje USAF da se bije protiv male zemlje slabe su tu vajde. Mozda dodje do par embarrassmenta kao u vjetnamu ali opet se zna ko ce kontrolisati skies.

Dakle cak i ako se neko nakupuje su35 i cak i ako je on bolji 1-1 od amerikanaca opet ako dodje USAF da se bije protiv male zemlje

Ajao, gde dođosmo dotle.

Su-35S nije avion za male zemlje, skup je za takve, a i mala zemlja se protiv velike odbraniti ne može.

Pričam o kvalitetu aviona kao sistema vis-a-vis svega ostalog viđenog na nebu do sad. Posebno u odnosu na zlosrećni F-35, koji u budućnosti treba da zameni celu američku "teen" generaciju u operativnoj upotrebi, dakle i USAF F-16 MRF i USN F/A-18. I bude glavni vazduhoplov nekoliko evropskih mornarica u varijanti F-35B, gde treba da zameni AV-8B Harrier II.

Po AusAirPower koji sam linkovao, odnos u simulacijama Su-35S vs. F-35 je 10:1, a razlika u ceni nabavke & eksploatacije gotovo trostruka.

Kada vidim ovo (hvala Tribune) ne mogu se oteti gadnom utisku da će biti rata... Ovo se ne pravi za sajmove i čuvanje granica.

Nije normalno da ne bude u svom prirodnom™ okruženju.

Moglo je i na hladni rat, ali ovde je akcenat na neistraženim tehničkim mogućnostima B727.

When The CIA Proved That A Boeing 727 Can Perform Air Drops

Tyler Rogoway

zn9nhg1znhpdnrnkye4c.gif

The CIA, via its contractor Southern Air Transport, operated four 727s during the Vietnam War. These jets were "convertible" from cargo to passenger configurations and featured a cargo door in the forward fuselage. Yet the CIA figured out that they could not only haul cargo and passengers, but they could also drop them as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrqdmXxBZjI

Southern Air Transport worked as somewhat of a shell contractor flying airliners for Air America during the late 1960s, of which the Boeing 727-200C was the most prevalent. As part of this contract, the powers that be wanted to see if these aircraft could be used for clandestine air drops via modifying their built-in rear air stairs with a slippery slide like trough.

Tests were conducted over Thailand in 1968 and the aircraft seemed uniquely capable of quickly air dropping pallets of cargo as well and jumpers while retaining overall airliner appearance and performance. The extent of which this capability was used once it was proven is not clear, but I have been told that it was in fact used repeatedly in Laos and other "border regions" where America was not technically supposed to be.

In 1971, high altitude thief DB Cooper would prove to the world that this capability existed throughout the 727 fleet. Cooper actually lowered the stock rear air stair in flight and jumped from a slow and low flying 727-100 somewhere over southern Washington State, a feat he seemed very confident at executing.

Years later a company called Air Drop Inc. was said to have used a similar configuration as the one tested by the CIA for dropping supplies to "customers" in the African bush. Additionally, other 727s, as well as the DC-9 which also have a rear air stair, have also been used by civilian operators for mass parachute drops.

One has to wonder just how far the CIA may have taken their creative use of the 727's inherent design. It would seem that having a plentiful jet cargo and passenger aircraft, one that could hide in plain site, or should I say airspace, that could have also launched high-altitude, low-opening (HALO) parachute jumpers, would be a massively valuable clandestine asset. This is true not just of the CIA but of the DoD's Special Operations Command (SOCOM) as well.

In fact, when you think about it, the 727 may have been way ahead of its time militarily. Having a commercial aircraft that can fly fast and high while also being able to punch stuff out its empennage seems like the perfect persistent close air support aircraft of today. A "poor man's heavy bomber" if you will.

We have spent a decade and a half fighting wars in the Middle East, where we have burned through billions and billions of dollars via the use of ultra-expensive B-52 and B-1B flight hours, all in an attempt to create an orbiting "arsenal ship" presence over the battlefield. This is not even counting the startling number of precious fast jet hours we have gobbled up during these wars or all the fuel we used keeping these thirsty assets fed. Maybe a group of surplus 727s with a track system installed to release munitions out of their tail apertures, along with racks on either side of the cabin for various guided munitions to be stowed, would have been a much cheaper and expendable solution to this problem.

In the past, dropping munitions out of the back of a C-130 was common. The Vietnam War saw the massive BLU-82 "Daisy Cutter" deployed off its rear ramp. Today we have seen this done to a smaller degree with the latest "Harvest Hawk" and "Dragon Spear" close air support capable C-130Js. These aircraft use primitive munitions cradles and gravity drop versions of the Griffin and Viper Strike air to ground missiles. There has even been talk of deploying a kit that would see JDAMs and other large guided munitions rolled off their rear ramps. Still, a 727 can operate from fairly short fields, especially for a 600mph aircraft, and can respond to different geographical areas as fast as a Harrier or B-52 could, and much faster than a lumbering C-130.

Conceivably a 727 with a cargo track like system installed on its floor could carry multiple types of air to ground munitions, which could be rolled onto the main guide track that terminates at the rear air-stair opening after being programmed for release. In an age where smart munitions are plentiful and can hit with pinpoint accuracy under any weather conditions, does it really matter if their launching aircraft was designed originally as a weapon or not? Hardly. It is all about the weaponry and not the platform when it comes to air combat in permissive airspace.

zrkynqittspbdbnbsyks.jpg

With all the billions of dollars spent and precious fast jet and bomber air-frame hours since 2001, maybe systems such as a simple 727 (or even more economical MD-80) orbiting arsenal ship should have been looked at more carefully. The fact that it, or another off-the shelf system like it, was never widely proposed, is a signal of just how fiscally near sighted our Defense Department can be even during a time of budget crushing prolonged warfare.

In the end only a handful of 727s were ever operated by the US military under the C-22 designation, and these aircraft were only used for cargo and personnel transport as far as I am aware of. Thus the USAF may have passed up a plentiful, relatively economic and FAA certified airframe with great multi-role potential and little need for modification.

A jet whose unique tactical attributes were so inherently clear that even a crooked hijacker figured it out almost 45 years ago.

USAF C-22 picture courtesy of Felix Goetting via wikicommons

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-cia-proved-that-a-boeing-727-can-perform-air-drops-1566155708