IGNORED

whistleblowers: wikileaks, snowden i...

DarkAttraktor

My name is Graham Nash and I am a human being...I became a citizen of the United States of America decades ago mainly because I did not want to be hypocritical, criticizing this country, throwing caustic comments from the sidelines, usually in song, yet not being a true part of this wonderful social network. I also wanted to be able to vote and I wanted to be able to praise the obvious beauty of this country and it's people and the things they stand for, having been brilliantly set out in our Constitution.Being a citizen means the world to me, and it also means that I can raise my voice and my opinion.Obviously no one has to agree with anything I'm saying but I know that our constitution guarantees me the right to speak my mind.I see many things wrong with this country right now: the ever widening divide between the rich and the poor, the taking over of our government by the corporate/financial elite, the 'buying' of our very democracy by the 1%, the decimation of our environment by the oil, coal, gas, chemical and nuclear industries and the ever increasing erosion of our civil rights to name but a few of our many problems.I believe that one case in particular, the case against Bradley Manning, has chilling consequences for the future of our fragile society. <...>

sic transit gloria mundi

Obama Promise To 'Protect Whistleblowers' Just Disappeared From Change.gov from the not-the-change-we-were-looking-for deptThe folks from the Sunlight Foundation have noticed that the Change.gov website, which was set up by the Obama transition team after the election in 2008 has suddenly been scrubbed of all of its original content. They noted that the front page had pointed to the White House website for a while, but you could still access a variety of old material and agendas. They were wondering why the administration would suddenly pull all that interesting archival information... and hit upon a clue. A little bit from the "ethics agenda":
Protect Whistleblowers
: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.

Yeah. That statement seems a bit embarrassing at the very same time Obama's administration is threatening trade sanctions against anyone who grants asylum to Ed Snowden. Also... at the same time that we get to see how whistleblower Bradley Manning's "full access to courts and due process" will turn out. So far, it's been anything but reasonable, considering that the UN has already condemned Manning's treatment as "cruel and inhuman." And people wonder why Snowden left the country...

Not guilty za najtežu optužbu - aiding the enemy.

convicted of multiple counts of violating the espionage act.
20 counts, to je valjda 10 više na onih 10 koje je pleadnuo. Edited by Roger Sanchez

Pratite nekadašnjeg britanskog ambasadora @CharlesCrawford. Lik se blamira za sve pare, ali to je tako kada u državi vidiš vrhunsku vrednost. The trouble with today's whistleblowers is that they are lazy/selfishHe could have identified some hard-core cases. Copied them to a secure destination. Then negotiatedSramno i tužno je ovo što se zbiva sa Manningom.

Ne, bit će neki impresivniji broj, recimo, 110 godina robije.
Sto ce biti samo nekih 110 godina vise nego sto ce dobiti ubice iz videa Collateral Murder. (Istina, oni mozda dobiju i poneku medalju).Mogu samo da citiram Jarvisa:If you thought things had changed,Friend you’d better think again,Bluntly put in the fewest of words,Cunts are still running the world,Cunts are still running the world.

Bradley Manning cleared of 'aiding the enemy' but guilty of most other chargesThe Guardian, Tuesday 30 July 2013 19.42 BSTBradley Manning, the source of the massive WikiLeaks trove of secret disclosures, faces a possible maximum sentence of 136 years in military jail after he was convicted on Tuesday of most charges on which he stood trial.Colonel Denise Lind, the military judge presiding over the court martial of the US soldier, delivered her verdict in curt and pointed language. "Guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty," she repeated over and over, as the reality of a prolonged prison sentence for Manning – on top of the three years he has already spent in detention – dawned.http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/jul/30/bradley-manning-wikileaks-judge-verdict