IGNORED

Punk&Prikljucenije

fabius maximus

^Džingo je car.Rado bih dao doprinos ovoj temi drugojačiji od solo jutjubisanja, no kako ne mogu iscrpsti dovoljno koncentracije i energije kako bi to bilo uobličeno kako valja, probaću na rate, povremeno, kako me šta kad lupi i podseti. Elem, Leatherface za dve nedelje sviraju na Dirty Old Festu u Velikoj kraj Požege, a ovih dana dosta slušam Hot Water Music, pa se setih jednog lepog teksta o ta dva benda, objavljenog u drugom izdanju Razorcake fanzina [prvih nekoliko izdanja u .pdf formatu -> ovde]. Evo link za pdf tog drugog broja zina, pa skrolajte: Razorcake #2.Leatherface su inspirisali čitav talas bendova, među kojima i HWM, a kako to već biva sa scenašima, nešto od toga je metastaziralo u "orgcore".Bokte, smejurije kad sam naišao na ovo i skontao koliko se u nekim svojim odevnim izdanjima uklapam u kalup, ni kriv ni dužan. Stra'ota i sramota. "Related acts", među kojima je HDQ neprejebiv, opširno obrađeni na www.x1984x.com.Hot Water Music su uzeli gruff vokale i poigravanje sa gitarskim deonicama (svaka naizgled za sebe, a stapaju se u mamojebačkoj harmoniji) od Leatherface i dodali ubitačnu, jazzom zadojenu ritam sekciju. Bez Chuck Ragan-a čine The Draft, a Chuck ima sjajnu solo karijeru country/folk/americana/bluegrass singer-songwritera i ništa lošiji projekat o istom trošku, pod nazivom The Revival Tour. Naravno, i drugi pevač/gitarista, Chris Wollard ima solo album. Bubnjar George Rebello trenutno svira sa Against Me!.

Edited by MachineGunEtiquette

Punk's not deadIt just deserves to dieWhen it becomes another stale cartoonA close-minded, self-centered social clubIdeas don't matter, it's who you knowIf the music's gotten boringIt's because of the peopleWho want everyone to sound the sameWho drive bright people outOf our so-called scene'Til all that's left Is just a meaningless fadHardcore formulas are dogshitChange and caring are what's realIs this a state of mindOr just another labelThe joy and hope of an alternativeHave become its own clicheA hairstyle's not a lifestyleImagine Sid Vicious at 35Who needs a sceneScared to love and to feelJudging everythngBy loud fast rules appealWho played last night?"I don't know, I forgot.But diving off the stage Was a lot of fun."[Chorus:]So eager to pleasePeer pressure decreesSo eager to pleasePeer pressure decreesMake the same old mistakesAgain and again,Chickenshit conformistLike your parentsWhat's ripped us apart even more than drugsAre the thieves and the goddamn liarsFlipping people off when they share their stuffWhen someone falls are there any friends?Harder core than thou for a year or twoThen it's time to get a real jobOthers stay home, it's no fun to go outWhen the gigs are wrecked by gangs and thugsWhen the thugs form bands, look who gets record dealsFrom New York metal labels looking to scamWho sign the most racist queerbashing bands they can findTo make a buck revving kids up for warWalk tall, act smallOnly as tough as gang approvalUnity is bullshitWhen it's under someone's fat bootWhere's the common causeToo many factionsSafely sulk in their shellsAgree with us on everythingOr we won't help with anythngThat kind of attitudeJust makes a split grow widerGuess who's laughing while the world explodesWhen we're all crybabiesWho fight best among ouselves[Chorus]That farty old rock and roll attitude's back"It's competition, man, we wanna break big."Who needs friends when the money's goodThat's right, the '70s are back.Cock-rock metal's like a bad laxativeIt just don't move me, ya know?The music's OK when there's more ideas than solosDo we rally need the attitude too?Shedding thin skin too quicklyAs a fan it disappoints meSame old stupid sexist lyricsOr is Satan all you can think of?Crossover is just another wordFor lack of ideasMaybe what we needAre more trolls under the bridgeWill the metalheads finally learn something-Or will the punks throw away their education?No one's ever the bestOnce they believe their own press"Maturing" don't mean rehashingMistakes of the past[Chorus]The more things changeThe more they stay the sameWe can't growWhen we won't criticize ourselvesThe '60s weren't all failureIt's the '70s that stunkAs the clock ticks we dig the same holeMusic scenes ain't real lifeThey won't get rid of the bombWon't eliminate rapeOr bring down the banksAny kind of real changeTakes more time and workThan changing channels on a TV set[Chorus]

• 2 weeks later...