BraveMargot

99 members have voted

1. 1. da sam podanik krune, glasao bih za:

• jednookog skotskog idiota (broon)
    • aristokratskog humanoida (cameron)
    • dosadnog liberala (clegg)
    • patriotski blok (ukip ili bnp)

This poll is closed to new votes

jel su ovo dnevne migracije ili uopste za ceo taj period? nesto su mi mnogo mali brojevi za cele te 3 godine, a opet mnogo za dnevne migracije (a i velike distance, mada tamo ima raznih nesrecnika).

Edited by palikaris
Nema premijerligaša i lokalci piju cider a ne ale :P
Pije se i ale. Mala lokalna Bristol Beer Factory prozivodi nekoliko varijanti od golden ale do stout-a. Bath Ale je i po sumermarketima. Odlican. Suvi domaci Cider iz Devona i Somerseta takodje zakiva (uglavnom po festivalima piva, mada ima i par radnji koji valjaju te male lokalne serije).Bristol City - jug, Bristol Rovers - sever. Nisam isao ni na jednu tekmu.Glastonburi na pljuckomet (nisam isao na festival, u gradicu sve sami druidi), a sa druge strane na pljuckomet Malmesburry, Wiltshire i WOMAD (bio tri puta).St. Pauls Carneval nije veliki kao Notting Hill karneval ali je prilika da se pojede ulgavnom lose spremljen jerk chicken.Sa druge strane medju radnickom klasom popularna je Ballon Fiesta u avgustu (mene nesto nije odusevila).SW univerziteti u istoj grupi ESRC (dakle upuceni na saradnju), u odlicnim mestima za zivot: Bristol, Bath, Exeter.
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for laughing when Alex Salmond said an independent Scotland's fiscal future was secure because you were sitting on £1tn of North Sea oil and had a long-standing budget surplus. Maybe he's right. After all he is an economist, albeit one at the worst bank in the history of banking, namely the Royal Bank of Scotland. But, while he was making that speech and you were distracted we were laying down pipes in the North Sea so we can siphon off the oil to Newcastle rather than Aberdeen if you do go independent. Sorry about that. It probably undermines the fiscal basis for independence. But we've always been sneaky, as you know. Sorry!
Sorry in that list of great Scottish writers for not mentioning lots of other great Scottish writers too numerous to mention.
So sorry for not liking Braveheart. We thought it was supposed to be a comedy. Turns out it wasn't. Sorry.
So sorry for being, as the smackhead Renton puts it in Irvine Welsh's novel Trainspotting, "effete arseholes". What was the full quote again? Oh yes. "Some people hate the English, but I don't. They're just wankers. We, on the other hand, are colonised by wankers. We can't even pick a decent culture to be colonised by. We are ruled by effete arseholes." Perhaps the greatest analysis of a national character in literature. But that's not the point. We have tried to stop being wankers, but it's really hard! That's just how we are. But we realise that we have thereby contributed to your tragi-comic national psyche. Our bad. Sorry!

klasici  :lolol:

Edited by MancMellow
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:D

It is plainly unfair that London is showered with privileges, with disproportionate transport grants, a puny local tax base and a cultural plutocracy. But the answer is not a confederacy of online pseudo-hubs. If provincial England is ever to challenge London, it must choose one of its own as powerful "second city", with a magnetic core fit for purpose.

Workers-enjoying-the-suns-009.jpgManchester city centre. Photograph: Christopher Thomond for the Guardian

This must be Manchester. It is the biggest city in the north, with new investment in group headquarters, health, education, media and culture. Its productivity is second only to London's. Manchester can draw on the most urbanised region in Europe, south Lancashire, with rich suburbs to the south and poor ones sorely in need of renewal to the north. It has a handsome centre with an emerging funky neighbourhood in the Northern Quarter and Tribeca-style warehouse flats along the canal corridor.

Urban counter-magnets demand tough choices. I would decentralise half of Whitehall to Manchester, and not just back offices. I would certainly move "Airport City", a new town designed to attract East Asian money and planned for the prosperous southern suburbs. It will consume a quarter of the city's green belt and divert resources from where it should be, in the depressed northern sector. The whole point of London's Canary Wharf was its location in the East End.

Meanwhile I would throw research projects at Manchester's universities and hospitals, subsidies at its orchestras, and heritage grants at its historic buildings. If the government really needs to spend £50bn on railways, I would give Manchester a proper underground tube, like proper big cities abroad, and do something for its dire regional road and rail links.

Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle and Birmingham will doubtless protest such pre-eminence for Manchester. But non-metropolitan England must choose. If it is serious about "minding the gap", the only way is Manchester.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/13/plug-north-south-gap-manchester-england-london