99 members have voted

1. 1. da sam podanik krune, glasao bih za:

• jednookog skotskog idiota (broon)
    • aristokratskog humanoida (cameron)
    • dosadnog liberala (clegg)
    • patriotski blok (ukip ili bnp)

This poll is closed to new votes

Labour’s lost voters may never return again, study finds

Focus group interviews in five key constituencies reveal rejection of Ed Miliband and distrust over the economy, taxation, welfare, union links and immigration

Toby Helm

Saturday 18 July 201517.15 BST

Labour may never win back its former supporters who jumped ship to the Conservatives on 7 May and robbed it of any chance of victory, according to the most detailed investigation into why people deserted the party at the election.

This is one of many devastating conclusions reached by two former Labour election directors who have conducted a series of focus-group interviews with previously firm Labour backers, all of whom voted Labour in 2010 but switched to the Tories this year.

In a report summarising their findings from five key marginal seats, Alan Barnard and John Braggins say disillusion with Labour among such voters is now so profound and deep-seated that it is unclear whether Labour will even be a relevant force at the next election.

“These voters are a hair’s breadth from becoming Conservatives,” says the report, which is being sent to all four Labour leadership candidates. “Labour is now at risk of becoming irrelevant even to voters who have been lifelong supporters.” It adds: “As things stand many of these voters are for the Tories to lose at the next election.”

Debelo su pogresili sa Ed Milibandom. Plus, ovo govori da ce od nekog ili neceg morati da odustanu. Ili od well-to-do srednje klase ili od teskih workera. A mogu i da ih spoje tako sto ce biti ekstremno protiv imigracije i tako izgubiti immigrant votes. Ali dosta toga se i bez obzira na konkretnu politiku prema tim issues moglo premostiti nekom prilicno kvalitetnijom licnoscu lidera. 

Mada, u celoj ovoj prici moram da kazem da mi se cini savrseno razumnim da se i oni pridruze horu koji je protiv benefita onima iz EU koji se samo pojave u UK. Prvo, to savrseno ima smisla, drugo - mozda ponegde i uspeju da vrate koji glas takvom pricom (koja nije nikakav ekstremizam) 

Edited by MancMellow

Mada, u celoj ovoj prici moram da kazem da mi se cini savrseno razumnim da se i oni pridruze horu koji je protiv benefita onima iz EU koji se samo pojave u UK. Prvo, to savrseno ima smisla, drugo - mozda ponegde i uspeju da vrate koji glas takvom pricom (koja nije nikakav ekstremizam) 

ovo sa benefitima je glupost jer se desava toliko retko da uopste nije vredno price. ali valja pumpati... 

ovo sa benefitima je glupost jer se desava toliko retko da uopste nije vredno price. ali valja pumpati... 

znam, upravo zato - jeftino je jer realno malo koga kosta, a zvuci efektno. jbg, politika...

Dobra im ova politicka korektnost,mirise na invkiziciju.

Lib Dem leader Tim Farron accused of 'illiberal' approach to gay rights

Labour MP Ben Bradshaw says Farron is out of step with own party after he repeatedly avoided answering whether he thought gay sex was a sin

Labour deputy-leadership hopeful Ben Bradshaw has condemned new Liberal Democrat leader Tim Farron’s approach to gay rights as illiberal.

Just one day into his role as leader, Farron on Friday night repeatedly avoidedanswering whether he regarded gay sex as a sin during a live television interview with Channel 4 News, saying that to “understand Christianity is to understand that we are all sinners”.

“For a Liberal, I thought his position seemed incredibly illiberal,” Bradshaw told Sky News. “Look, I don’t think you should condemn someone or feel they’re not fit for office just because they have religious faith. I’m a practising Anglican. I happen to be a liberal kind of Anglican, rather than a conservative evangelical, which it appears Tim Farron is.”

“It seems to me he’s pretty out of step with his own party even though they’ve just elected him leader,” the MP for Exeter added, “but that doesn’t mean to say he’s not going to be able to do a good job.”

Farron – who replaced Nick Clegg as leader of the party on Thursday – was pushed on the issue again in three broadcast interviews on Sunday morning and again avoided expressing whether or not he thought gay sex was a sin.

“I think you should have every right to love who you love, marry who you wish,” he told Sky News. “I believe and support equality under law, equal dignity and that includes people, whatever their sexuality. So, I’m a liberal to my fingertips.”

“I am not the archbishop of Canterbury and I do not go around making religious or theological announcements,” said Farron.

“I am not a religious leader. I am the leader of the Liberal Democrats,” he said. “If I go around making religious announcements then the next five years will be spent making much more religious announcements.”

“The reality is, I am a Christian – yep, absolutely that is my private faith – but I have just been elected to lead the Liberal fightback and what I would like to talk to you about is David Cameron’s very worrying comments about Syria overnight, about the attack on freedom of information, the selling off of housing association properties. That’s what I’ve been elected to talk to you about.”

Farron was among nine Lib Dem MPs to abstain at a third reading of the marriage (same-sex couples) bill, which was passed with 366 yes votes to 161 no votes in May 2013

He has said he regrets abstaining because it has given people the wrong idea about his views. Farron explained that he had concerns about aspects of the bill relating to “protecting people’s right to conscience” and that it did not sufficiently protect the rights of transgender people, but said he was a firm believer in same-sex marriage.

Farron told the Guardian during the campaign that he did not think he would be receiving the same level of scrutiny for his religious beliefs if he were Jewish or Muslim, and that people who were concerned his faith would affect his ability to lead a liberal party should “look more carefully into what liberalism really is”.

Speaking to Sky on Sunday, Farron said he did not consider himself in “a persecuted minority”, but said: “I am a member of a minority and it gives me all the more respect for those people who belong to other minorities.”