• Indy

• bus

• iDemo

• jms_uk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Otac s 13 :wacko:

LONDON (AFP) - A baby-faced 13-year-old schoolboy has fathered a child with his 15-year-old girlfriend, it emerged Friday, triggering debate about the country's high level of teenage pregnancies.ADVERTISEMENT Alfie Patten, whose voice has not yet broken, admitted he had not thought about how he and girlfriend Chantelle Steadman would support baby daughter Maisie Roxanne, who was born Monday, but vowed to be a good father."I didn't think about how we would afford it. I don't really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me 10 pounds" (11 euros, 14 dollars)," the four-foot (1.22 metre) tall teenager from Eastbourne, told the Sun tabloid."When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble... I didn?t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it."The case has drawn comment from Prime Minister Gordon Brown, while a former leader of the Conservative Party said it was an example of social breakdown in "broken Britain"."I don't know the individual details of the case but of course I think all of us would want to avoid teenage pregnancies," Brown told reporters when asked about the case.But Iain Duncan Smith, a senior lawmaker and ex-Conservative leader, said someone needed to speak out about the breakdown of the family in Britain."Too many dysfunctional families in Britain today have children growing up where anything goes," he said."It exemplifies the point we have been making about broken Britain. It's not being accusative, it's about pointing out the complete collapse in some parts of society of any sense of what's right and wrong."There is no opprobrium any more about behaviour and quite often children witness behaviour that's aggressive, violent, rude and sexual. It's as if no-one is saying this is wrong."The government has launched a strategy to reduce teenage pregnancy in England, which has one of the highest teenage pregnancy rates in western Europe.Advisors say the level is falling but have called for more accessible contraceptives and more sex education in schools in areas which are falling behind.Such efforts were praised by Tony Kerridge, a spokesman for Marie Stopes International, which runs sexual health clinics in 40 countries worldwide.But he added that many young people in Britain needed to be encouraged to have higher aspirations."We have got the social aspect of young girls in the UK seeing having a baby as a route to getting their own place," he said."It may seem like a short term solution to problems at home, but the mid to long term prospects are probably a life stuck on benefits."We should, as a society, be encouraging our young people to have much bigger and better aspirations than that."Police could have brought a prosecution for under-age sex in the latest case because the age of consent in Britain is 16, but say they will not press charges.And the families of both of the new, young parents are reportedly standing by them.Alfie Patten's father Dennis, 45, said his son was fully committed to his new paternal role."He could have shrugged his shoulders and sat at home on his Playstation. But he has been at the hospital every day," he said.The baby, who weighed in at seven pounds and three ounces (3.27 kilos), was conceived after just one night of unprotected sex, the Sun reported. Alfie was 12 years old at the time.

Ovo me podseti na jednog bivseg kolegu, kada sam pretproslog leta zapocinjao novi posao. I tako u prvih nekoliko konverzacija ukapiram da je lik otprilike mojih godina (34-35). I onda jednog petka krajem Avgusta rece mi on nesto u fazonu "ovog vikenda idem u grad X, moj mali pocinje drugu godinu faksa, pa da mu pomognem da se preseli na kampus (studentski dom).." Tu ja na brzinu uradih math u mojoj glavi i odmah mu rece "cekaj ako si ti 35 a sin ti je druga godina fakulteta, znaci 19-20, ti si postao otac sa 16 godina, svaka cast!". Onda mi je objasnio da mu mali ustvari nije pravi sin nego sin njegove zene iz prvog braka.

Skroz sam zaboravila da nam je grad danas posetio B. Obama (njegova prva medjunarodna poseta u svojstvu predsednika SAD-a).Setih se tek zbog blokiranog saobracaja u vreme spica -i to sve zbog peciva i kolaca:eatfm3.jpg"OTTAWA ? The ObamaTail's newest fan just might be the man it is named after. President Barack Obama shocked workers and patrons of the Byward Market Thursday afternoon by jumping out of his motorcade for an unscheduled stop in the Ottawa landmark to "buy Canadian" for his daughters.Among his selections were some Maple Leaf shortbread cookies from Le Moulin de Provence, a key chain with a moose on it, and Ottawa's legendary BeaverTail pastry ? this one named in his honour.When Mr. Obama got out of his armoured Cadillac just before 4 p.m. he was handed a crispy, hot BeaverTail that was boxed and ready for take out. To get the ObamaTail into his hands took some reconnaissance work by his secret service agents and quick cooking by the young women working at BeaverTails..."