IGNORED

Robert Allen Zimmerman

Indy

Now Playing nesto sto nije Dylan, ali je povezano na zaobilazan nacin... prenecu opis stanovitog streetmouse, clana sajta rateyourmusic.com, posto tesko da se to moze lepse opisati. s2690.jpgBilly Bragg & Wilco - Mermaid Avenuestreetmouse Oct 13 2007 What does a street named ?Mermaid Avenue? have in common with Wilco, Billy Bragg and Bob Dylan? Why Woody Guthrie of course ... as it was both a song by Woody Guthrie and the name of the street in Coney Island where the Guthrie?s once lived. You can still find the house, and though it has been a shrine of the folkies for years, more and more fans can be found posing for pictures outside of the premises.The songs on Mermaid Avenue, or more pointedly, the poetry, were penned by the now legendary Woody Guthrie, the undisputed Grandfather of the Folk and Social Consciousness Movement ... and the story behind these songs is every bit as mysterious and interesting as the verses themselves. Woody was a prolific writer, and if there was one thing Dylan learned from Woody, that was to write, write and write. Woody Guthrie was both a poet and an song writer, so it?s difficult to say weather these songs were written as poetry or as songs that Woody never got around to setting to music. What we do know for sure, is that while in the hospital, a generous Woody, told a very young Bob Dylan about a box full poetry ... or, ?box full of letters,? as Woody preferred to call them, and that Bob was more then welcome to them. So one day after an extended visit with Woody at the hospital, Bob made his way to Woody?s home, arriving at his door step, feet and legs covered in mud, as he had taken a short cut through the marshlands. Bob was exhausted, the vision of these letters was the flame that warmed his soul and had kept him moving through the cold, rain and the mud ... only to have this fame burn out as the door was opened by an even younger man [a child then], Arlo Guthrie, who was awe struck by the figure standing before him, but the baby sitter was not. She took Bob?s name and message before sending him packing, back out into the cold without the precious treasure he?d come seeking. Woody died shortly after that, and the letters remained who knows where ... until Nora Guthrie, Woody?s daughter agreed that the group Wilco and the singer Billy Bragg were to be given the rights to put music to these lost verses, and a splendid job they did too.The premiss was that a new sound, the music of a new generation would be wrapped around these verses from more then by gone days ... hence the juxtaposition and slightly off kilter feel to the songs. When Woody had written the lyrics, they were real and of the time, but when placed in the hands and voices of Wilco and Billy Bragg [a contemporary folk man of sorts], you get a mystical feel for something that is both ?in the present? and ?of the moment,? yet posses a shadow that stretches almost seventy years into the past.The music is bright and compelling, masterfully executed and produced ... a true testament, not only to the spirit, times and life of Woody Guthrie, but also to the voices and music of this present generation, those who have the sense and courage to reach back and build on such a strong foundation.I am not going to say that I dig all of these songs, because I don?t, but there is no way I would be caught without this release in my collection ... I will say the same thing for the follow up ?Mermaid Avenue II,? which I found equally profound.I?m going to list the songs I feel are the strongest, the ones that truly bridge the generations, and have the ability to stand the test of time, these are songs you must have ...From Mermaid Avenue, ?At My Window,? ?California Stars? [which can not be avoided], ?Hesitating Beauty,? ?One By One,? ?Walt Whitman?s Niece,? and ?Way Over Yonder In The Minor Key? [which just may be one of the most beautiful songs ever written].From Mermaid Avenue II, which has a different feel to it, more rocking, but with a black and white feel to it, ?All You Fascists,? ?Blood Of The Lamb,? ?Feed Of Man,? ?Hoodoo Voodoo,? ?My Flying Saucer,? ?Secrets Of The Sea? [which is the strongest song on this release], and ?She Came Along.?While all of this work is beautiful, stunning and at times almost too perfect ... there is a space in my head that will just never be filled, because I will never get to hear what Dylan would have done with these letters ... perhaps someday I shall.

Ovih dana intenzivno preslusavam Dylanovu radio emisiju Theme Time Radio u kojoj pusta mjuzu sa sve najavama i odjavama pesama i do jaja je. Inace, svaka emisija ima neku temu, recimo Weather, Drinking, Jail etc. Evo ga link ka rapidshare-u odakle mogu da se skinu sve emisije, a u gornjem levom uglu cete videti i link na kome mozete videti playlist za svaku emisiju. http://dylan-ttr-blindwilly.blogspot.com/

@indy:imas priliku da gledas mozda jedinog legitimnog naslednika dylana, guthrie-a, ochs-a i slicnih.billy bragg turira po tvojim krajevima pocetkom 2008, bez wilca, sto i nije tako lose according na sta lici wilco u zadnje vreme:January 18 2008 - Auckland, NZJanuary 20 - Gold Coast, Byron BayJanuary 25 - SydneyJanuary 28 - MelbourneFebruary 1 - AdelaideFebruary 3 - Perth

• 3 weeks later...
dylan_533.jpgBob reklamira novi Caddy... na šarene reakcije svojih poštovaoca. (Najduhovitija će biti ona: "Gotta serve somebody." :rolleyes: )Hey, Mr Escalade Man
verovatno najgora, najprimitivnija i najotuznija pesma koju sam cuo u poslednjih 10 godina, mrlja u karijeri jednog dinosaurusa koji je zreo za udar asteroidaedit:bilo bi romanticno videti ga kako u duetu sa sir Paulom, obojica naravno u dedamrazovskim odorama, izvode jednu od ogavnih bozicnih bljuzgotina, sve to u staklenoj kugli na muckanje negde na veneri Edited by 3opge
verovatno najgora, najprimitivnija i najotuznija pesma koju sam cuo u poslednjih 10 godina, mrlja u karijeri jednog dinosaurusa koji je zreo za udar asteroida
Eto, i Lennon je pred smrt napisao "Serve Yourself", iritiran tom istom pesmom... Nadam se ipak da Boba neće udariti asteroid još neko vreme.
Eto, i Lennon je pred smrt napisao "Serve Yourself", iritiran tom istom pesmom... Nadam se ipak da Boba neće udariti asteroid još neko vreme.
ja bih rado snimio rap verziju pod naslovaom:'serve caddy grandaddy'
  • 2 weeks later...