IGNORED

Svastara

Lancia

470_texperkins,0.jpgTex Perkins performs Johnny Cash songs for inmates at Port Phillip Prison.

Patrick DonovanAugust 31, 2009Carlos is one of the most proficient guitar players in Port Phillip Prison, so he is often asked to play songs by his fellow inmates. Many requests are for late outlaw country star Johnny Cash, but Carlos (not his real name) was unfamiliar with his music.Yesterday he received an education into the life and music of the singer they call ‘‘the Man in Black’’ when Australian rocker Tex Perkins and band the Tennessee Four performed songs from their upcoming Cash tribute The Man in Black, in the jail’s first rock concert.Cash played many prison shows in the 1960s, and the two most famous were recorded at Folsom and San Quentin prisons in the US and released as live albums. Perkins, who fronts the Beasts of Bourbon and the Cruel Sea, has covered Cash’s songs in his sets for years, but there are no plans to release this as a live album.The show, approved by Corrections Victoria, was one of many activities organised by the prison that reflected ‘‘activities going on in the outside community, to which almost all prisoners will eventually return’’, said a statement by G4s, which runs the prison for the Victorian Department of Justice.After a technical problem (the microphone cord wasn’t plugged in), Perkins, decked head to toe in black, brilliantly channelled Cash’s brooding darkness in front of about 100 inmates, including some of Victoria’s most notorious criminals, at the maximum security prison.His booming gravelly voice reverberated through the hangar-like gymnasium on Cash classics such as I Walk the Line, Get Rhythm and Sunday Morning Coming Down as the band replicated Cash’s steam train ‘‘chicka-boom rhythm’’ on guitars, drums and double bass.On the duets It Ain’t Me Babe and Jackson, Perkins was joined by Rachel Tidd, who was impressive as Cash’s wife, June Carter.Perkins defused the early uneasy silence with a few jokes and gave perspective to the performance by telling stories of Cash’s turbulent life and the contradictions of a man with ‘‘an angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other’’ who loved jesus and cocaine equally.‘‘I can’t remember the first time I heard Johnny Cash, but it feels like he’s always been there,’’ he said.Sadly, in the first set watched by the media, there was no rendition of the classic Cash prison song, Folsom Prison Blues, with the line ‘‘I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die’’.But there were plenty of songs that prisoners could relate to such as Don’t Take Your Guns to Town. By the end of the first set, polite applause had built into enthusiastic cheering, a couple of whoops and calls for an encore.Answering questions from the media, Perkins described the experience as ‘‘strange — it’s life imitating art, imitating life’’ but he didn’t feel intimidated performing in front of the inmates.‘‘I’m more scared of you people than them, with your pointy microphones and tricky questions,’’ he said with a laugh to the assembled media throng. ‘‘They just sit there passively.’’Carlos is one of about seven musicians in the audience who was particularly excited about the performance. He said they tried to assemble a prison band, but every time they get a settled line-up, someone gets released.He enjoyed ‘‘being taken on a historical ride through Cash’s career’’, and was looking forward to trying to learn some of the songs to play to his fellow prisoners.

Da ne pomisli neko da ovaj bend svira samo instrumentale, ovo su samo semplici klasicnih pesama sa vokalima :) Ima na youtubu snimaka sa koncerata, ali su loseg kvaliteta.

NA018653_69_1.jpgThe sixth album from the charismatic six-piece Soil & "Pimp" Sessions, titled, somewhat appropriately, 6, will be out in Japan on Victor on September 16th. The album will feature 12 tracks, a couple of which have already had exclusive airings on Gilles Peterson's Worldwide show (Quartz & Chronometer and Popcorn). In something of a new departure, this album will feature some collaborations with other artists. Japanese singer Shiina Ringo appears on one track, and the band work together with DJ Kentaro on another. There is also a track featuring an as yet unnamed 'major' British singer. My money is on Jamie Cullum following the Electric Proms concerts they performed together last year, though I've been wrong many a time before. The artwork (if this picture on the band's website is in fact the artwork) is original as ever, and we only have to wait six weeks until it hits the shops.
More on the new album from the Soil & "Pimp" SessionsJust about two weeks to go now before Soil & "Pimp" Sessions' 6 is released, and the details of the tracklisting has finally been posted on the band's website as follows:01 SEVEN (Intro Sound Collage by DJKENTARO)02 KEIZOKU03 PAPA’S GOT A BRAND NEW PIGBAG04 MY FOOLISH HEART 〜crazy in mind〜05 DOUBLE TROUBLE06 POP KORN07 QUARTZ AND CHRONOMETER08 PARAISO09 MY FOOLISH HEART 〜crazy on earth〜× Shiina Ringo10 MIRROR BOY11 “STOLEN MOMENTS” featuring Jamie Cullum12 AFTER THE PARTY13 殺戮と平和

Sanjao sam Žikicu Simića :blink: Stajao je tamo ispred, na travi i ispod drveća i postavljao mi pitanja.Odgovarao sam, a iznad i iza mene nalazili su se ostaci nekakve tvrđave. Lagano sam koračao napred i kao da je od odgovora zavisio i moj izlazak.Zagrcnuo sam se kod nekog pitanja, jednom, a onda i drugi put. Žikica mi reče: dobro, a znaš li šta je katihizis?Tada mi je ponudio rekete i igrali smo malo stoni tenis, tu na obodu.Saginjući se da dohvatim lopticu, pored i iza mene žurno je prošao Žika Intoxica. Probao sam da ga dozovom, ali je on samo minuo za ćošak kao zec iz Alise.Onda sam gurao (građevinska) kolica, u trku, sve pored nekog šanca, sledeći dvojicu.Oni su povremeno izbacivali nešto preko šanca, ne zaustavljajući se. Sa druge strane bilo je živo i graja. Gradilište je bilo prepuno stubova i lukova i zidića, uglavnom starih i porušenih, a svi ljudi kao da su bili robovi.Mislio sam kad stignemo do kraja i sve isprazne biću slobodan da se pridružim onima preko.Onda su stali.Tovara je ponestalo, osim jedne otvorene kartonske kutije.U tu je kutiju jedan od one dvojice ispraznio ostatke bele farbe za krečenje i onda su brzo nestali, bez reči i ostavili me da upirem nogama i balansiram tovar.