IGNORED

Nick Cave

Indy

(Sa The Red Hand Files)

Dear Matt, Helen and everyone who has written to me about Anita,

You think you know grief, you think you’ve worked out its mechanics, you think you’ve become grief-savvy — stronger, wiser, more resilient — you think that there is nothing more that can hurt you in this world, and then Anita dies.

Standing on the street in a baby-doll dress, surrounded by sunshine, laughing and radiating a piercing beauty of such force you stop breathing.

I could not believe my eyes.

Later, at my kitchen table drawing things, she had a quickness of touch and a clear, light line full of humour, throwing each drawing away and starting another, charged with a rampant, unstable, fatal energy that would follow her all her life. My line, amateur and ponderous.

Everyone wanted to work with her but it was like trying to trap lightning in a bottle. Mick Harvey managed to coral her into the recording studio, but these precious offerings are a fraction of what she was.

She was the smartest and most talented of all of us, by far.

Walked into the most prestigious art college in Australia — on a whim — and talked her way into being given a place there. Bought an easel, some butcher’s paper, some crayons, put on a dress, did her hair and never went back in.

She thought the best ideas were the ones that never saw the light of day.

She was the brains behind The Birthday Party, wrote a bunch of their songs, wrote ‘From Her to Eternity’, ‘The World’s a Girl’, ’Sugar in a Hurricane’ and my favourite Bad Seeds song, ‘Stranger Than Kindness’, but was much more than that.

How could something so luminous carry so much darkness?

Drank gin out of a baby’s bottle.

Despised the concept of the muse but was everybody’s.

Spoke in a child’s voice and was my best friend.

Two months ago, speaking to her on the phone she seemed a million miles away.

Loved her children more than anything. They were her pride and joy.

It was both easy and terrifying to love her.

Leaves a big, crying space.

Love, Nick

• +1 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Otkazao koncert u Bgd zbog korone, i sada ponovo krece na turneju ali dolazi u Zg, ne u Bg :(
molim? zashto? ohmy.gif

kada? dry.png

mislim, umesto da vuchem celu kucu u arenu, za manje pare cu da odem sama u zagreb. a ovi ljudi ovde ce da odahnu :rolf:

sent from novi mnogo jak bubamoto.

2 hours ago, morgana said:

trebalo bi tj najavio je jos koncerata, mozda ipak bude i bgd

Jun 2022. Sladzo.

Ima 6 "slobodnih" dana izmedju Atine i ZG, a na sajtu pise "More shows to be announced soon."... Tako da cu kao volonterski Nickov menadzer sad da mu tu zabukiram i BG. :nobles:

• +1 1
  • Wub 1
8 minutes ago, Hamlet Strašni said:

Мени су ваљда вратили паре, платио сам још 2019 године концерт картицом. 

sigurno. i meni su vratili. 

Edited by morgana

E sad se ne secam, mozda sam i ja platio karticom, a ne secam se ni nekih para da su mi legle nenadano :D Jel bese trebalo neki mejl da im se posalje? 

Edited by Sludge Factory
2 minutes ago, Sludge Factory said:

E sad se ne secam, mozda sam i ja platio karticom, a ne secam se ni nekih para da su mi legle nenadano :D Jel bese trebalo neki mejl da im se posalje? 

trebalo je da ide automatski ali posalji mejl (tickets rs ili ko je vec bio, eventime, uputi na organizatora ako pises njima preko sajta) - ja jesam jer mi je kartica bila istekla pa da vidim sta treba da radim 

• +1 1