IGNORED

Nick Cave

Indy

Straight edge (skraćeno sXe ili SxE) predstavlja supkulturu okupljenu u i oko hardcore punk glazbe. Osobe koje sebe smatraju strejterima ne puše, ne piju, ne uzimaju droge kao ni druge opijate.

OK, nisam to ranije čuo.

Ima tu istine, to o drogama, mada se ni meni to ne sviđa što je tako (a nisam taj strejtedž). 

E, ima lep 1 kuot od Lenarda Koena na tu temu:

“I never really got into cocaine. I tried it but I don’t really like ingesting things through my nose. It always seemed so undignified for a chap of my stature.” Leonard Cohen

:happy:

• 4 weeks later...
On 8.4.2018. at 7:39, Strucnjak said:

Cave zbog njega oterao Blixu...

Cave is open to a reunion with estranged Bad Seed, and Einstürzende Neubauten frontman, Blixa Bargeld.
The German Industrial-music pioneer co-founded the Bad Seeds in 1983 with Cave and left the group 20 years later. Cave is hopeful they'll reunite someday. "I invited him back to play on Push the Sky Away, actually, and he was very happy just to come in and play some guitar," Cave said. "But he got ill and he didn't come. He is, as far as I'm concerned, always a member of the Bad Seed fraternity or whatever it is. The thing about Blixa is that he always brings something different to the process and has always been an incredible force in the studio, as well. It was a great blow to us to lose him, actually. … I miss him very much. I e-mailed him on his last birthday and I'm still waiting for a reply. But I do love him very much."

I jos, ovde.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have experienced the death of my father, my sister, and my first love in the past few years and feel that I have some communication with them, mostly through dreams. They are helping me. Are you and Susie feeling that your son Arthur is with you and communicating in some way?

CYNTHIA, SHELBURNE FALLS, VT, USA

Dear Cynthia,

This is a very beautiful question and I am grateful that you have asked it. It seems to me, that if we love, we grieve. That’s the deal. That’s the pact. Grief and love are forever intertwined. Grief is the terrible reminder of the depths of our love and, like love, grief is non-negotiable. There is a vastness to grief that overwhelms our minuscule selves. We are tiny, trembling clusters of atoms subsumed within grief’s awesome presence. It occupies the core of our being and extends through our fingers to the limits of the universe. Within that whirling gyre all manner of madnesses exist; ghosts and spirits and dream visitations, and everything else that we, in our anguish, will into existence. These are precious gifts that are as valid and as real as we need them to be. They are the spirit guides that lead us out of the darkness.

I feel the presence of my son, all around, but he may not be there. I hear him talk to me, parent me, guide me, though he may not be there. He visits Susie in her sleep regularly, speaks to her, comforts her, but he may not be there. Dread grief trails bright phantoms in its wake. These spirits are ideas, essentially. They are our stunned imaginations reawakening after the calamity. Like ideas, these spirits speak of possibility. Follow your ideas, because on the other side of the idea is change and growth and redemption. Create your spirits. Call to them. Will them alive. Speak to them. It is their impossible and ghostly hands that draw us back to the world from which we were jettisoned; better now and unimaginably changed.

With love, Nick.

redhand.jpg

• 11 months later...