IGNORED

Najvredniji igrač

theanswer

• 3 weeks later...

jedan od boljih clanaka u vezi Jokica zadnjih par dana:

The ridiculousness of Nikola Jokić illustrated in a single shot

This particular inquiry into Nikola Jokić, following his Nuggets’ sweep of the Lakers, pointed to a specific play yet was also ontological in nature. The tone of the question conveyed the sentiments he regularly leaves viewers digesting. What the!? Maaan, how? What are you???

Monday’s micro moment by this macro fella was a 3-pointer with just under three minutes left in Game 4. Denver was ahead by three and the possession was dwindling away when Jokić did one of those things he does. One of those plays that makes you wonder if he’s proof “Men In Black” was based on a true story. While being smothered by Anthony Davis, Jokić pulled out a stepback, fall-away, one-footed 3-pointer. It scraped the roof of Crypto.com Arena and landed to a symphony of sounds: the horn of the shot clock, the ripping of the nets, the gasp of the crowd.

“You know what?” Jokić said after a couple of seconds of pondering the question. He initially looked ready to spew a monotonous answer but seemed to remember he even impressed himself. “I’m gonna say that’s my signature shot.”

It’s a crazy thought, a stepback 3 as his signature shot — considering Jokić is 6-foot-11 and 285 pounds of Serbian flesh who has feasted in the paint for the better part of eight seasons and two MVPs. But for what he represents, for the uniqueness in his dominance, it actually makes sense this shot, this moment, in the biggest game of his NBA life, would be his autograph. For this shot adequately conveyed the ridiculousness of Jokić.

Most of Game 4 was the LeBron James Show. The 38-year-old looked and felt like he’d predetermined the Lakers would win. He dug up some of the peak still left in his bones and put on a performance worthy of his status, all in the name of avoiding an embarrassing sweep. As a result, Monday’s game felt just as intense and meaningful as the previous three despite the inevitability of the Lakers’ demise.

James was playing so well, it was even fathomable, though fantastical, he could author the first-ever comeback from a 3-0 series deficit, another featured gem in a storied career, beginning with this vintage LeBron performance.

The Nuggets were up 107-102 when the NBA’s all-time leading scorer put his head down, sped off a Davis screen and blew past Jokić for a layup. It gave him 40 for the night, to go with his nine assists and eight rebounds at the time. The Lakers needed a stop and were close to getting one as Jokić didn’t get the ball until about five seconds left on the shot clock. A defensive stand here, and the vibe dictated LeBron would go right back the other way for another driving layup. Probably with a foul for a three-point play to tie the game. He was having that kind of night.

But Jokić reminded his team, the Lakers, the 18,997 fans in the arena, the millions more viewing, that this night would not end without a word from him. The answer for LeBron’s motivated push was Jokić’s inexplicable greatness. The Lakers, or any foe, might figure out star guard Jamal Murray, could slow the Nuggets’ quality role players and may even outmaneuver Nuggets coach Michael Malone. But they still have to deal with the ridiculousness of Jokić.

He’s a riddle. A fluid, shifting, evolving, intelligent and massive conundrum who can morph into what he needs to be. He is something out of a video game, a created player by a conflicted soul. He’s the Nuggets’ inside presence and floor general. A traditional center and a stretch big. He reads the game like a savant, sees all the angles like an elite point guard. Still, he gets buckets and inhales rebounds like a traditional dominant center. He’s huge, plodding and physical, while simultaneously dexterous. He’s got the everyman physique that seems perennially on the verge of exhaustion, yet his competitive fervor seems unextinguishable.

He is, in a word, ridiculous.

“If you’re watching the game, he’s doing some incredible stuff,” Murray said. “And he’s been doing it all playoffs. Just staying consistent no matter what they throw at him: double-teams, single coverage, help from the baseline, from the top, traps. He’s been figuring out it all and just being that consistent motor for us.”

Jokić has been the subject of much debate over the last couple of years. His back-to-back MVPs, and being in the mix for a third straight, led to questions about the measuring of his greatness.

This postseason, especially these last two series as he took down modern giants, has been a resounding rebuttal. In these playoffs, he’s beating all allegations against him. But like all legends in the making, Jokić needed to be vetted for special status. Not in statistics but on stage.

One of the difficulties of assessing Jokić, besides being in a small market, is how his game so defies basketball logic. That’s part of his profundity. The statistics and analytics only tell part of his story. They don’t totally encapsulate him, how unique a figure he is in the history of the game, the persistent novelty in his play. The rarified air he’s been ascending toward is so much bigger than data. It’s one thing to understand greatness. It’s another to behold it.

In these Western Conference finals, against the Lakers, against LeBron, Jokić passed the math test and the eye test. The nation was able to put a moment with the minutia, a feeling to the figure. His game can be so ludicrous as to feel gimmicky, but he’s proven without a doubt there is nothing fluky about him.

The spectrum of the Jokić’s brilliance was captured in this one shot.

Ostatak ovdje:

https://theathletic.com/4545226/2023/05/23/nikola-jokic-shot-nuggets-lakers-game-4/

• +1 1

Hajde sto Zli Gli nekontrolisano mrzi Jokica, njemu je valjda Jokic ili neko od njegove brace ili ako nisu sva trojica skinuli ribu u vreme dok je Jokic harao Sremskom Mitrovicom, pa ima valjan razlog . Ali ovaj  ridjokosi pajser je sampion u mrznji prema debelom, valjda zeli da ispadne veci crnac od svih crnaca u SAD-u pa se takmici u mrznji stranih belih igraca u NBA ligi  Jokic,Doncic,Novicki,Nash itd. Neverovatan komad budale koja ne zna nista o sportu a usput zaradjuje milione lupetajuci o istom.

Edited by Micko8

Ovi koje je @Zli Gli nabrojao, nemaju ni 10% skilova koje ima debeli. Bez obzira koliko su svi ti igraci bili dobri (u sportu koji se tada igrao), ovo danas je sasvim drugi level kosarke.

Vredi povremeno pogledati neku utakmicu iz odamdesetih/devedesetih. To je (sto se tiče šuta, preciznosti, brzine, timskih odbrana) smejurija u odnosu na ovo danas. 

9 minutes ago, Filozof manijak said:

I slažem se u jednom sa Glijem, živo mi se fućka za Denver i prsten NBA, mene jedino zanima Jokićev doprinos reprezentaciji.

jedini razlog zbog kog želim da denver osvoji prsten je da se promeni top lista najboljih košarkaša ikada sa ovih prostora

1. jokić

2. dražen

11 minutes ago, Filozof manijak said:

Ovo obožavanje Jokare prerasta u idolopoklonstvo.

A sad, jbg, čovek je na (dosta izvesnom) putu da postane najbolji Evropljanin u NBA ikada, nije mala stvar uopšte. Cenim da ni Španci ni Švabe nisu bili potpuno ravnodušni prema uspesima mršavog Gasola i Dirkenštajna.

Slažem se za značaj reprezentacije, neuporedivo veći nego Denver Nagici.

14 minutes ago, Filozof manijak said:

Zli malo preteruje, ali ima pravo u jednoj stvari.

Ovo obožavanje Jokare prerasta u idolopoklonstvo.

Ovde na forumu nismo deca, već ljubitelji košarke koji su svesni Jokarine veličine i uživamo u onome što ima da pruži i što naš čovek hara NBA ligom.

Što se tiče idolopoklonstva, mogu samo reći daj bože da je Jokara taj koji je idol današnjoj deci. 

3 minutes ago, kud u maglu Simoviću said:

jedini razlog zbog kog želim da denver osvoji prsten je da se promeni top lista najboljih košarkaša ikada sa ovih prostora

1. jokić

2. dražen

Ta lista je davno promenjena, uz svo poštovanje svima, niko mu nije ni blizu, pa ni Dražen. Ni blizu.

• +1 3
45 minutes ago, Mil@n said:

Ono pre se ne računa jer ga je ćelavi jebao sa pogrešnom pozicijom a i minutažom.

Uvek sam bio fasiciniran kako se ova gebelsovksa laz primila u narod. jebo ga sa pogresnom pozicijom, igrao peticu u cetvrtfinalu protiv argentine sve vreme. samo smo otvorili utakmicu sa dve petice, on i raduljica prva 3 minuta (sto je na OI funkcionisalo btw), nakon toga je smo sve vreme igrali sa jednom peticom. sto se minutaze tice, jeste ga jebo jer je dozvolio da on onako nespreman igra 31 minut na toj utakmici. covek je dosao totalno nespreman na pripreme, a jedina krivica celavog je sto mu je dozovlio da ima privilegije koji drugi nisu imali pa je ovaj mogao da napusti reprezentaciju i gleda trke konja dok su ostali na pripremama. 

Edited by Кристофер Лумумбо
  • +1 5
7 minutes ago, Mil@n said:

Ta lista je davno promenjena, uz svo poštovanje svima, niko mu nije ni blizu, pa ni Dražen. Ni blizu.

tek će biti promenjena kad osvoji prsten kao prvi igrač franšize. posle toga neće postojati ni jedan razlog da ne bude br 1

Koji prsten kao lider fransize je osvojio Drazen Petrovic? Legende iz proslosti mogu da se postuju i bez omalovazavanja igraca danas. Ceo NBA svet je u ovom trenutku saglasan da je Jokic najbolji igrac na svetu, i uz svo duzno postovanje prema Drazenu, on to nikad nije bio.

• +1 3
14 minutes ago, Кристофер Лумумбо said:

Uvek sam bio fasiciniran kako se ova gebelsovksa laz primila u narod. jebo ga sa pogresnom pozicijom, igrao peticu u cetvrtfinalu protiv argentine sve vreme. samo smo otvorili utakmicu sa dve petice, on i raduljica prva 3 minuta (sto je na OI funkcionisalo btw), nakon toga je smo sve vreme igrali sa jednom peticom. sto se minutaze tice, jeste ga jebo jer je dozvolio da on onako nespreman igra 31 minuta na toj utakmici. covek je dosao totalno nespreman na pripreme, a jedina krivica celavog je sto mu je dozovlio da ima privilegije koji drugi nisu imali pa je ovaj mogao da napusti reprezentaciju i gleda trke konja dok su ostali na pripremama. 

mozda zato sto je taj experminet svoj vrhunac doziveo u grupnom mecu sa spanijom

kad jeste igrao dobar deo meca na 4, a imali smo i tu cast da u nekom momentu vidimo petorku sa bjelicom na 3, jokicem na 4 i bobanom na 5

taj poraz nas je sjebao i poslao na ameriku pre finala, sto se na kraju nije desilo jer smo ispali i ameri i mi ali to je druga prica

djordjevic je kao selektor odradio vrhunski posao, ali to sp je kiksao, pocevsi od kalinica pa na dalje

Edited by pbg12345
  • +1 3
  • Hvala 1
  • Krošek locked this topic
  • Krošek unlocked this topic