IGNORED

Bajden - jedno staro i očekivano presidency?

theanswer

Izbori nisu pokradeni, ma koliko se ti i cry baby drali da jesu. Nisu. Potvrdilo se brojanjem, ekspertizama, na sudu (neke sudije je čak i narandžasti imenovao) itd. Čak se pokazalo da su retke mutljavine bile od strane GOP, u korist narandžastog, pa ni to nije pomoglo. 

A to o hapšenjima koja samo što nisu… popio ti Qanon mozak, doduše šta očekivati od nekog ko veruje u chem trails… a i ja sam budala što se uopšte upuštam u diskusiju sa tobom.

Živa bila, odjavljujem se. 

Republicans have long claimed to be the party of small government. But under Donald Trump, they turned into the party of all bluster and no governance. The danger of that ideology came into sharp focus as Covid-19 hit and Americans desperately needed a functioning federal government to inform the public, enforce commonsense health regulations, and provide necessary aid to keep families afloat. The aid that came last year thanks to both parties was important, but not nearly enough. And its benefits were eclipsed by the total bungling of the pandemic response, to devastating result: a team of experts recently concluding that Trump's mismanagement of the pandemic "caused tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths."

We can't bring back all of the people whose lives were lost thanks to Trump's recklessness. But with Democratic majorities in Congress and a Democratic president in the White House, we have more competent political leadership that could propel us toward a brighter future. Republicans are still standing in the way of getting folks the support they need -- and of governance in general. But the American people deserve to know who is doing what for them. Democrats should shout it from the rooftops.

:thumbsup:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/10/opinions/stimulus-vote-covid-filipovic/index.html

Sad gledam sta ste pisali ne prethodnoj stranici, pa vidim da je neophodno da malo obnovimo gradivo. Dakle, da pocnemo.

Za nase levokrilne gledaoce koji su u nedoumici da li je Bajden centrista ili je progresivan?

On 10.3.2021. at 20:25, Gojko & Stojko said:

Characterising the bill as an economic stimulus package obscures the fact it is the biggest anti-poverty initiative introduced by a Democratic president since Lyndon Johnson in the 1960s.

Although he campaigned as a soothing moderate, Biden is very much governing as an ambitious progressive.

Za nase neobavestene gledaoce koji se pitaju cime Bajden hrani gladne:

Biden’s package homes in on the Americans who need support the most: those in the lowest income brackets. The Urban Institute think tank estimates it will cut the national poverty rate by a third and slash child poverty in half.

Za nase naivne gledaoce koji se pitaju da li su svi oni isti:

Americans in the lowest tax bracket are expected to see a 20 per cent increase in their incomes while high earners won’t see much difference at all. That’s a reverse of Trump’s massive tax cuts, where the biggest benefits flowed to wealthy Americans and corporations.

A za one koji su se nasli u cudu ko to bas sad gura cancel kulturu po medijima i kome to odgovara:

But viewed from the perspective of American voters, the bill is about as bipartisan as one could imagine in such a divided country. Polls show it is wildly popular, with about seven in 10 Americans and four in 10 Republicans in favour of it.

That’s why Republicans and conservative media personalities have spent more time on the culture war over recent week — obsessing on the news that some Dr Seuss books will be discontinued because of racist imagery — rather than attacking the bill.

Ovo cemo ponavljati sa vremena na vreme, kad god bude bilo potrebe.

• +1 2
  • Wub 1
2 hours ago, Weenie Pooh said:

ko god mu dao diplomu naučnika za podatke, ovaj Marfi da traži da mu vrate pare. tokom 2021-e, minimalac bi minimalno skočio u originalnom planu ($15 tek za nekih četiri godine). pa bi i mogući pozitivni efekti bili mali u poređenju sa ostalim delovima paketa.

(da li citirana studija vredi čemu, nemam pojma.)

4 prodavnice za hranu se zatvaraju, stotine bez posla. Novi zakon u CA za jos extra 5$/h , za neke radnje koje su i onako vec bile na granici isplativosti, najavile zatvaranje

1 hour ago, Gandalf said:

ko god mu dao diplomu naučnika za podatke, ovaj Marfi da traži da mu vrate pare. tokom 2021-e, minimalac bi minimalno skočio u originalnom planu ($15 tek za nekih četiri godine). pa bi i mogući pozitivni efekti bili mali u poređenju sa ostalim delovima paketa.

(da li citirana studija vredi čemu, nemam pojma.)

Baš čudno da su to minimalno™ povećanje minimalca prvo uključili u studiju, a onda ga tiho obrisali tek kad su ljudi krenuli da upiru prstom. Zaključak ne menja, siromaštvo pobeđeno jednokratnom isplatom novca, woo!

2 hours ago, Weenie Pooh said:

Baš čudno da su to minimalno™ povećanje minimalca prvo uključili u studiju...

The American Rescue Plan could cut child poverty by more than half

Note: This brief was updated on March 11, 2021 to reflect the final elements included in H.R.1319-American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, as well as to account for small adjustments in our simulation model. The original brief was released on January 14, 2021 and a previous update on February 25, 2021.

$15 minimum wage amendment fails, revealing rift in Democratic caucus

MARCH 5, 2021 / 2:23 PM / CBS NEWS

Edited by Gandalf
  • James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic