IGNORED

Biden / Trump - Americki izbori 2020

vememah

Niko ne pominje ovaj bizaran detalj.

Andersonn Cooper je prekjuce kao ocevica iz prve ruke i iz prvih redova intervjuisao, pazi sad, "left wign activist".

https://www.cbs58.com/news/what-we-know-about-the-4-deaths-in-the-pro-trump-mob-that-stormed-the-capitol

Two people who saw the shooting, left-wing activist John Sullivan and documentary filmmaker Jade Sacker, provided CNN with video of the incident and described the moments beforehand.

Sullivan said rioters were using flag poles and other items to smash glass windows inside the Capitol. The woman then tried to make her way through the window when several people with guns came out through the doorways.

"The second that she climbed through the window she got shot right in the neck area, fell backwards," Sullivan said in an interview that broadcast on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360."

"I just remember the sense of shock and sorrow that somebody just died and did not need to die."

The woman was trying to enter an area that did not yet appear to have been breached by rioters, Sullivan said.

"It was an area that was completely blocked off," he said. "They had chairs up against the doorway, tables, so people couldn't get in."

Sad, lik je protestant hapsen u Juti letos za neko nasilje.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2021/1/7/22219733/utah-activist-inside-u-s-capitol-says-woman-killed-was-first-to-try-and-enter-house-chamber-sullivan

Medjutim, vrlo zanimljiv intervju i razboritiji od twitter galame.

ANDY — A Utah activist who faces criminal charges in connection with a Provo protest he organized in June said he attended a pro-Trump rally that turned into a violent attack on the U.S. Capitol in order to see “the truth” about the protests for himself and the organization he represents.

“For me, it’s important from the group and the people around me to see that side of things, to see the truth,” John Sullivan said Wednesday night. “I don’t care, like what side you’re on, you should just see it raw.”

Sullivan, who is the founder of Insurgence USA, a social justice group that calls itself anti-fascist and protests police brutality, was detained by Washington police for about an hour and a half Thursday night, a day after he talked to local and national media about what he witnessed Wednesday.

He was handcuffed the entire time, and said police questioned him about being inside the Capitol and witnessing the shooting death of one of the protesters. He was not arrested.

Sullivan said he also intended to “support the Black community” with his attendance, but also feels it’s “important to understand” those who were protesting in support of President Donald Trump. He said he was on the “front lines” of the protest as it turned from a peaceful march into a violent storming of the Capitol.

He said he followed online conversations about Wednesday’s protest, which coincided with a rally by the president and the counting of the country’s electoral votes in a joint session of Congress. That largely ceremonial act was interrupted Wednesday afternoon when hundreds of protesters pushed past Capitol Police and metal barricades, broke out windows and smashed open doors to gain entry into the building.

That was not an impromptu act, Sullivan said.

“As far as them storming the Capitol, I knew that was going to happen,” he said. “I’m on chats that are underground that are sending out flyers that are just like, ‘Storm all Capitols on the 6th.’ It wasn’t anything that was secret. It was something that was out there ... and they did it.”

Sullivan said he also made his way inside the Capitol during the riot and witnessed the shooting death of protester Ashli Babbitt, and the Twitter account for Insurgence USA retweeted video from someone with Sullivan that shows the shooting and the aftermath.

“I have video of it,” he said, describing in detail seeing the flash of the gun, the bullet strike Babbitt, and Babbitt’s reaction as she died there on the floor. “I am hesitant to post it. ... It’s something I have to take in. I hope that people get a grasp of that situation. Whoever shot her, maybe should be held accountable. I guess that’s up to the law to decide.”

He claims Babbitt was the first one to try and get inside the House chamber.

“There was a glass wall, and she, the woman, was the first person to actually try to get inside,” Sullivan said. “All you see is hands come out the doorways with their guns. ... You don’t see their face, nothing. And I literally yell at everybody else, ‘There’s a gun! There’s a gun! Don’t go in there!’ And a shot goes off. And she gets shot as soon as she goes through.”

In the wake of widespread condemnation, including from some lawmakers who support Trump and had planned to object to the electoral votes, there were assertions that those who stormed the Capitol, fought with police and injured officers, ransacked offices, and damaged public property, were actually members of groups like Antifa or Black Lives Matter. In fact, Sullivan’s picture was circulating on social media as “evidence” that the rioters were not Trump supporters.

Sullivan said that while he is not a Trump supporter, he wasn’t there to join the protest, only to listen and document, and he saw no one else that aligned with his ideology in the crowd.

“I was probably the only person that supported BLM (Black Lives Matter),” he said. “I could say, from my knowledge ... there were just seas of Trump supporters, Proud Boys.”

He said some of what they were yelling were insults about Antifa and Black Lives Matter.

When he was asked if he was a member of Antifa, as he has used the hashtag in his social media posts, he said he understands where there could be confusion.

“If people are saying I’m Antifa, as far as a terrorist organization, I’m not,” he said. “Am I anti-fascist? We all are anti-fascist. And that’s what we should all strive for being. I have my own organization, Insurgence USA, and that’s what it is for. That’s really what it is.”

He said he documented the rally as it began near the Washington Monument and “migrated over to the Capitol.”

“There were all of these people just listening to Trump, and then they just marched,” Sullivan said. “It’s not like a new group joined, another group came. They literally came from the MAGA protest, where Trump was, and went over there. There was no Antifa.”

He said he even recognized some people from other pro-Trump rallies.

“They’re the same people,” he said. “They were flying Confederate flags, they were flying blue lives matter flags, Trump flags, and all of that.”

He said the protesters who stormed the Capitol were all ages and genders.

“There were kids, there were women, there were old, old men,” he said, “and they were all participating in this insurrection at the ... Capitol. ... It should awaken you to the anger that people might have that’s seriously, you know, a problem. And maybe they need to address it.”

Sullivan, 26, faces two criminal charges stemming from a protest he organized in Provo last June.

Charging documents say Sullivan recorded several hours of the protest and is seen in the recordings “kicking vehicles and threatening drivers” and directing protesters to block intersections.

During that protest, a Provo man, 60, was shot in the elbow after protesters blocked his vehicle. Sullivan later admitted to police that he knew who the gunman was but failed to report it to authorities, according to the charges.

Moonwalker, ostao sam ti duzan objasnjenje oko "meritocracy".

Ovde je Milanoviceva kritika knjige "The meritocracy trap" u kojoj se objasnjava koncept i njegov auloga u savremenom americkom drustvu.

https://braveneweurope.com/ban-this-book-a-review-of-daniel-markovitss-the-meritocracy-trap-by-branko-milanovic

Ban this Book! A review of Daniel Markovits’s “The Meritocracy Trap” by Branko Milanović

Daniel Markovits has written in “The Meritocracy Trap” such a frontal assault on the meritocratic system that undergirds and sustains today’s US society that, were the book on a similarly self-sustaining ideological rationale written in pre-revolutionary France, or Brezhnevite (let alone Stalinist) Russia, the book would have been burned and its author sent into exile or worse.

The-Meritocracy-Trap-cover-195x300.jpg

Markovits argues that “what is conventionally called merit is actually an ideological conceit, constructed to launder fundamentally unjust allocation of advantage” (p. 268). The system is relatively easy to explain by writing it as a modified Marx’s famous M-C-M’ scheme (invested money => production of commodities => more money). Here it is M-E-M’ where E stands for production of children’s education. The moneyed elite, itself well educated and hardworking, dedicates an enormous amount of effort and money to place its children through the most expensive, elitist and competitive education system in the world that begins with pre-K and ends with the graduate school—in order to make sure that children earn even higher incomes and stay on top. “Meritocracy” is thus just another way to create and maintain a de facto ruling class, an aristocracy, where the birth advantage (fundamental to its power) is concealed by educational credentials. In a number of instances, Markovits indeed likens today’s meritocracy with the old-fashioned aristocracy (and not always favorably).

Meritocracy has several features. Its members are highly educated and credentialed; they are hardworking (“[t]oday’s Stakhanovites are the one-percenters”, p. 81) and combine “progressive virtues” of inclusion and privacy, with “conservative virtues” of hard work, saving and contempt for the poor.

Through such contempt and their belief that advantages they enjoy are fully merited, meritocrats have created a deep chasm within the US polity between themselves and the rest, most notably between themselves and the middle class (the poor never played much of a role anyway). As Markovits argues, not only in income, but in consumption patterns, beliefs, attitude to and health outcomes etc. the gap between the meritocrats and the middle class is wider today than the gap between the middle class and the poor.

Education is the key mechanism through which meritocracy reproduces itself. The investment in children’s education begins at age 2. By the time children of the rich get out of the graduate school, the cumulative difference between parental investment and subsidies provided by the elite schools they have received, and investments along the similar path taken by the children of the middle class, attains an astronomical amount of 10 million US dollars.

The scions of the rich thus become managers of an enormous fortune, their own personae. Their behavior can then in turn be best understood to be that of a wealth manager who is in charge a peculiar and huge wealth portfolio: themselves. No moment may be lost in not putting that capital at work, for every moment lost is a loss of income. The children too become Stakhanovites.

The numbers that Markovits cites about the sky-rocketing tuition costs from the private kindergartens to graduate schools are by now such common knowledge that they are not worth repeating here. Equally well known, thanks to the work by Chetty et al. is the skewed top college admission system where the elite schools cater only to the top decile of US income distribution and the likelihood of those whose parental income is below the median of entering these schools is approaching zero.

One will find many (at times, too many) such data in Markovits’s book. But its main point lies elsewhere: to explain how such outcomes are not accidental but fully consistent with the pattern that enables the elite to reproduce itself and to fend off challenges from the lower parts of the distribution. “Meritocracy sustains dynasties [and the ruling class] by reconstructing the family on the model of a firm, the household on the model of a workplace, and the child on the model of a product.” (p. 116).

While the meritocratic project is a success since its values of hard work, personal responsibility and transmission of advantage to the next generation are widely admired and emulated throughout the world (China may be perhaps an even more extreme example than the United States), meritocrats’ lives are not a bed of roses. Meritocrats (called by Markovits the “superordinate” workers) work longer hours than the less paid workers, their life is a continuous stream of income-maximizing decisions, devoid of being “rooted” in a community and its neighborhood. Meritocrats’ relationships with the rest of the world are wide, they include people of equal status and money from many parts of the world, but they are shallow.

The economic and cultural divide that has opened between the meritocrats and the middle class feeds the cultural and political wars in the United States. As Markovits writes, the middle class that was left behind does not resent billionaires and entrepreneurs; it resents meritocrats and their supercilious attitude towards the “lamentables”.

It is not an easy book to read—at many levels. Its messages are harsh and brutal. It is not always best written. There are long and repetitive passages. Were it cut in half, it would have gained in power. But its main message is clear and loud: “Meritocracy has become the single greatest obstacle to equal opportunity in America today” (p. 27).

• +1 1
7 minutes ago, Budja said:

Moonwalker, ostao sam ti duzan objasnjenje oko "meritocracy".

Ovde je Milanoviceva kritika knjige "The meritocracy trap" u kojoj se objasnjava koncept i njegov auloga u savremenom americkom drustvu.

https://braveneweurope.com/ban-this-book-a-review-of-daniel-markovitss-the-meritocracy-trap-by-branko-milanovic

Ja sam htela citirati njegov intervju s jacobina

https://jacobinmag.com/2019/09/meritocracy-trap-inequality-human-capital-markovits

I ovaj txt pre svega

https://jacobinmag.com/2017/02/elite-universities-class-mobility-northwestern-cuny

Edited by InvisibleLight
41 minutes ago, 3opge said:

neka, neka, samo ti i tvoj sidekick-relativizator nastavite da guslate o sirotoj, neorganizovanoj masi proletera koja unezverna trazi posao u majicama sa "arbeit machts frei".

Usput, liku je na majici amblem SS-a.

Molba @prisutnima ▪ kultura dijaloga

Kada druga strana u diskusiji obrazlozi svoj stav malo duzim postom nemojte to preskakati i nadgrajati tu stranu uanlajnerima ignorisuci argumente. 

"8. Uobičajena pravila internet bontona usaglašen na većini foruma:

-postovi koji po moderatorskoj proceni ... ne doprinose diskusiji konstruktivno mogu biti splitovani ili obrisani"

Shvatite ovo dobronamerno. 

Napomena (izvod iz pravila): "Komunikacija forumaša sa moderatorima treba da se odvija na jednom podforumu Zid Plača..." – tema Imam pitanje za mod tim (ako je zaključana, sačekati ili PM)
  • Hvala 1

@Budja

Primer je dobar (nije sto je moj :D), ne odnosi se na proizvodnju elektricnih vozila, nego na drugo nesto. Odgovor ces dobiti kad nadjem adekvatnu temu da prepostujem ono sto si pisao. Hvala za preporuku.

25 minutes ago, levi said:

jel bio ovaj junak sa majicom sa snopljem

Er-Op-Str-Xc-AIk-QWZ.jpg

"6MWE" stands for "6 million wasn't enough" — a reference to the 6 million Jews murdered during the Holocaust.

da prevedem:

"6 miliona nije bilo dovoljno"

• Hvala 1
41 minutes ago, Tsai said:

ne znam za vas al ja od prekjuce pojacano slusam Jamiroquai opet, strashan bend

Da vas podsetim ko je Jay Kay, slina. 

• Hvala 1
9 hours ago, Joe D said:

Meni su uvek bizarne ove rasprave oko fasizma. OK, znamo da je fasizam semanticki zasicen pojam i da svako kaci znacenje koje hoce na njega, ali tolika pedanterija da se slucajno pogresno ne upotebi etiketa, kao da je rec sama bitna od pojave kojoj se pripisuje. mozes ga na kraju nazvati kako hoces, na duzi rok vodi na isto mesto.

Fašizam je termin koji se vezuje za ubistvo miliona ljudi, možda su ovi ljudi retardi ili svejedno ali to je ipak malo kraće od tog pojma. Nacionalizam je više reč koju bih upotrebljavao. 

9 minutes ago, 3opge said:

"6MWE" stands for "6 million wasn't enough" — a reference to the 6 million Jews murdered during the Holocaust.

da prevedem:

"6 miliona nije bilo dovoljno"

kakva budala i razbojnik. dijabola

• Redoran locked and unpinned this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic