IGNORED

Covid-19: Razvoj vakcine, imunitet i primena medikamenata

beyoncé

AstraZeneca says its vaccine should be effective against new coronavirus variant

(Reuters) - British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc told Reuters on Tuesday its COVID-19 vaccine should be effective against the new coronavirus variant, adding that studies were under way to fully probe the impact of the mutation.

“AZD1222 (AstraZeneca’s vaccine candidate) contains the genetic material of the SARS-CoV-2 virus spike protein, and the changes to the genetic code seen in this new viral strain do not appear to change the structure of the spike protein,” an AstraZeneca representative said in an email.

Drugmakers are scrambling to test their COVID-19 vaccines against the new fast-spreading variant of the virus that is raging in Britain, the latest challenge in the breakneck race to curb the pandemic.

“Through vaccination with AZD1222, the body’s immune system is trained to recognise many different parts of the spike protein, so that it can eliminate the virus if it is later exposed,” the AstraZeneca representative added.

The mutation known as the B.1.1.7 lineage may be up to 70% more infectious and more of a concern for children. It has sown chaos in Britain, prompting a wave of travel bans that are disrupting trade with Europe and threatening to further isolate the island country.

The AstraZeneca-Oxford shot is considered vital for lower-income countries and those in hot climates because it is cheaper, easier to transport and can be stored for long periods at normal refrigerator temperatures.

Data from AstraZeneca’s late-stage trials in the UK and Brazil released earlier this month showed the vaccine had efficacy of 62% for trial participants given two full doses, but 90% for a smaller sub-group given a half, then a full dose.

Reuters reported late on Tuesday that India is likely to approve AstraZeneca’s vaccine for emergency use by next week.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coronavirus-astrazeneca-vaccine/update-1-astrazeneca-says-its-vaccine-should-be-effective-against-new-coronavirus-variant-idUKL1N2J21YQ

Edited by vememah
2 hours ago, Kampokei said:

da li to znaci da 95% ljudi stice puni imunitet

To znači da je udeo zaraženih u vakcinisanoj grupi za 95% manji od udela zaraženih u kontrolnoj grupi, ništa više ni manje od toga.

2 hours ago, Kampokei said:

prilicno sam siguran da su se testirani na vakcinu, bilo da su primili pravu vakcinu ili placebo, posle tretmana ponasali kao i svi mi ovih dana - hands, face, space. Da li ce onda cifra biti 95% i kada oprez bude na nizem, a prosecna "kolicina virusa" medju zarazenima vrlo moguce na visem nivou nego danas?

To jeste pitanje za milion dolara, ali može se pretpostaviti da je na tako velike brojeve bio vrlo sličan procenat neodogovornih i u kontrolnoj i u vakcinisanoj grupi i da je on bio znatno veći od 5%. Verovatno je da će u stvarnom životu ako se ne sprovode nikakve druge mere zaštite efikasnost biti manja. Svakako se ne preporučuje nekorišćenje zaštitnih sredstava i posle vakcinacije dok se pandemija ne smiri.

BioNTech CEO Ugur Sahin:

Scientifically, the likelihood is high that this is the case because even though this variant has multiple mutations, only 1% of the relevant protein has changed. That means 99% are still the same, and we know that the immune response that our vaccine use is attacking this protein from multiple sides.

So the likelihood is high that the vaccine will still work. But we will get the results in two weeks, and then we can be sure.

https://www.dw.com/en/biontech-ceo-the-science-we-did-was-important/a-56032805

Edited by vememah

Verovatno zbog trke sa procentima izmedju Fajzera, Moderne i ostalih.

Medjutim ova vakcina je iz grupe inaktiviranih i veoma je važno da se pojavi što pre.

Ovo je stara tehnologija izrade što znači da je proveren svaki segment proizvodnje i logistike.

Vakcine protiv gripa su iz ove grupe i kad smo već kod procenata, efikasnost se kreće do 68% (kod žive vakcine je oko 35%)

Odatle valjda i oprez u PR-u jer.. procentometrija.

Ono što je u stvari najbitnije je da će i svetska sirotinja dobiti veću šansu da preživi proizvodeći je u nekim svojim Torlacima.

Stelaju procente to je svima jasno.

Ako to mogu da stelaju sto bi onda bili sigurni u njenu bezbjednost.

Ja je necu primiti ovdje u AUS ali me brine cinjenica da na kraju moze zapasti u ramenima Balkanaca.

Sve sam vise ubijedjen da vakcinacija Fajzerom i Modernom ne moze biti dovoljno brza bez obzira na organizaciju.

Mora Astra JNJ i ostale da budu odobrene da bi vidjeli milionske cifre na dnevnom nivou

3 hours ago, Moracikus said:

Ovo se pola doze se potpuno uklapa u onu Seklerovu tezu da se virusu treba postepeno izlagati. Prosto mi je nevjerovatno da se do ove kombinacije doslo slucajnom greskom

Mislim da je Sekler za mnogo stosta u pravu, steta sto on nije dobio vise prostora ranije, nego ovi debili nestorovic i gnjidice iz KS...