IGNORED

Coronavirus Covid-19 - opšta tema

Skyhighatrist

4 hours ago, braca said:

Juče pročitao vest da je stigla žena iz Kine sa simptomima u Fr... popila tablete koje su smanjile temperaturu, prošla kontrole i hvalila se posle na Instagramu... 

see paris and die 

u pekingu sat vremena do nove godine ni jednu petardu nisam cuo. to daje nadu da ce i ovaj virus resiti efikasno

a sto se tice petardi i vatrometa, za sada moze samo ovako :D

Onaj na kraju snimka sto drka telefon deluje prilicno opusteno. Ako je njemu ok, ne treba ni mi da se stresiramo. Rekao bih da al jazeera prilicno olako prenosi rekla nam jedna zena informacije. Nadam se da su zadovoljni klikovima. Jedino sto me pomalo uznemiruje je armija kineza u komentarima koji po komandi govore fake news.

Edited by Venom

27 minutes ago, Venom said:

Onaj na kraju snimka sto drka telefon deluje prilicno opusteno. Ako je njemu ok, ne treba ni mi da se stresiramo. Rekao bih da al jazeera prilicno olako prenosi rekla nam jedna zena informacije. Nadam se da su zadovoljni klikovima. Jedino sto me pomalo uznemiruje je armija kineza u komentarima koji po komandi govore fake news.

Teško je odlučiti se šta je gore, ekipa iz Pekinga koja sve proglašava za fake news ili ekipa iz Hong Konga koja svake sekunde ispali po 200 tvitova o hiljadama mrtvih, potpunom raspadu sistema i odgovornosti KP Kine za izumiranje ljudske vrste koje će biti okončano sledeće srede ili četvrtka.

Ima (po svoj prilici autentičnih) snimaka na kojima medicinsko osoblje doživljava nervne slomove pa vrište, plaču, kunu... što je normalna reakcija u ovakvoj situaciji. Sigurno neće da zvižde k'o nekad u osam nakon što su odradili trostruku smenu i pregledali hiljadu očajnih i sluđenih sugrađana. Ali eto, takvi snimci se uzimaju kao krunski dokaz da se sve raspalo, da su svi poumirali i da je komunjarama jedino još ostalo da isključe net i tako sakriju sopstvenu sramotu i poraz.

Elem, ko hoće da malo odmori od klikbajtovanja i tviter-realnosti, evo današnjeg teksta koji nabraja suve činjenice i ne privlači publiku senzacionalizmom:

Spoiler

Wuhan Coronavirus 101: What We Do — And Don't — Know About A Newly Identified Disease

January 24, 20204:00 AM ET

A new strain of virus that appears to have originated in China is spreading rapidly and crossing borders. There are hundreds of confirmed cases and at least 25 reported deaths. Here's what we know so far about this virus, as reported by NPR's daily science podcast Short Wave.

What kind of disease is this?

The outbreak is caused by a coronavirus. Common human coronaviruses cause mild to moderate upper respiratory symptoms, including the common cold, while more severe types can cause pneumonia and death. The name for this kind of virus comes from the crownlike spikes it has on its surface — "corona" is Latin for "crown."

This strain of the virus is called 2019-nCoV for now, which is short for "2019 novel coronavirus." It's only the third strain of coronavirus known to frequently cause severe symptoms in humans. The other two are MERS and SARS.

Where did it come from?

Coronaviruses originate in animals — like camels, civets and bats — and are usually not transmissible to humans. But occasionally a coronavirus mutates and can pass from animals to humans and then from human to human, as was the case with the SARS epidemic in the early 2000s. (SARS stands for "severe acute respiratory syndrome.") China's National Health Commission has confirmed that 15 health care workers have become infected, indicating that the virus can spread from human to human.

The first known cases in December 2019 were traced to an animal market in the Chinese city of Wuhan and are believed to have come from contact with live animals that were infected. The market has since been closed. Wuhan is a major logistics and transportation hub. It lies about 500 miles west of Shanghai and is home to more than 11 million people.

MAP: Confirmed Cases Of Wuhan Coronavirus

What are the symptoms?

The virus causes fever as well as respiratory symptoms: dry cough, difficulty breathing. It can also cause diarrhea and body aches. Symptoms in severe cases include pneumonia, kidney failure and even death, according to the World Health Organization.

Should someone with a fever be screened for Wuhan coronavirus?

The symptoms of this infection might appear the same as those for a cold or flu, but at this time the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's guidelines for health care providers suggest screening only people who have recently traveled to Wuhan or who have had close prolonged contact with a 2019-nCoV-infected person. The CDC can confirm the virus with a diagnostic test that it developed based on the genetic sequence of the virus that Chinese health officials obtained and made publicly available on Jan. 12.

Who is at risk of becoming infected?

The World Health Organization's Emergency Committee on the coronavirus said in a Jan. 22 news conference that nearly three-quarters of cases have been in people over age 40 and that "cases who died — many had significant underlying conditions" like cardiovascular disease and diabetes. But there are confirmed cases in otherwise healthy, young individuals.

What treatments are recommended for this virus?

There are no virus-specific treatments for 2019-nCoV. The CDC suggests supportive care to manage and relieve symptoms. There is no approved vaccine available for this virus.

What are the affected countries and regions?

Within mainland China, more than 800 confirmed cases have been reported. The first U.S. case was reported on Tuesday: A Seattle-area man traveled to China and began experiencing symptoms a few days after he returned home to Washington state on Jan. 15. Public health officials are now referring to the man as "healthy."

The China Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that additional isolated cases have been identified in Hong Kong, Japan, Macao, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.

How does it spread?

Health officials believe the virus can be passed from person to person via exchange of fluids from the respiratory tract, but they still don't know precisely how. The respiratory route seems likely because clusters of cases have been observed within families, whose members have had prolonged close contact with an infected person. There is emerging evidence in Wuhan that the virus can spread from one person to another to another multiple times — the way that a disease like the flu spreads. That's something that global health officials are watching for in international cases.

How serious is this?

This virus is "highly infectious," according to China's Bureau of Disease Prevention and Control. But the agency does not consider the disease to be as virulent as the one that caused the SARS outbreak in 2003. The risk to the general American public is "low," according to the CDC: Most cases have been found in China, and so far international spread seems limited.

What is being done to contain the spread of the outbreak?

Government officials have temporarily shut down transportation to and from Wuhan by bus, subway, ferry, airplane and train, according to Chinese state media. The travel ban comes just days before the biggest holiday on the Chinese calendar: Lunar New Year. Hundreds of millions of people travel every year during this holiday season, which begins Jan. 25 and extends into February.

Airports around the world, including five in the U.S., have implemented screening procedures for passengers arriving from affected areas.

The CDC is recommending that travelers avoid all nonessential travel to Wuhan. The agency encourages individuals traveling to areas of China outside of Wuhan to "practice usual precautions" at this time, which is its lowest level of caution.

Where can I get the latest information?

NPR will continue to report on the outbreak. The CDC is maintaining a traveler's health notice. The World Health Organization has a website for outbreak news. The China Center for Disease Control and Prevention has an epidemic tracker.

9 minutes ago, jms_uk said:

Manje se putovalo 2002/03?

U inostranstvo danas putuju sedam puta više nego onda. Koliko putuju "unutra" možemo samo da zamislimo. Onaj ogroman terminal i čvorište superbrzih vozova u Vuhanu, u vreme SARS epidemije bio je livada. U celom tom području koje je sada pod karantinom živelo je nekoliko miliona ljudi manje nego danas i bili su neuporedivo manje mobilni.

^

Ali je SARS izbio u provinciji koja se graniči sa Hongkongom, a WARS u gradu koji je 900 km udaljen od njega pa je opet WARS daleko brže stigao do Hongkonga.

Tabelu sam inače okačio pre svega zbog podatka o prvoj smrti.

Po zadnjim statistikama reklo bi se da se epidemija dosta brzo širi. Za 3 dana broj potvrđenih slučajeva popeo se sa 291 na 830, a broj sumnjivih sa 54 na 1072.

January 24, 2020

Confirmed cases: 259 new, 830 total. Suspected cases: 680 new, 1,072 total.

Deaths: 8 new, 25 total.

January 23, 2020

Confirmed cases: 131 new, 571 total. Suspected cases: 257 new, 393 total.

Deaths: 8 new, 17 total.

January 22, 2020

Confirmed cases: 149 new, 440 total. Suspected cases: 26 new, 37 total.

Deaths: 3 new, 9 total.

January 21, 2020

Confirmed cases: 77 new, 291 total. Suspected cases: 27 new, 54 total.

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/news/TrackingtheEpidemic.htm

SARS je u Kini imao oko 5300 potvrđenih slučajeva i usmrtio je 349 ljudi.

Lancet je otvorio stranicu na kojoj će objavljivati sve medicinski relevantne informacije o ovome:

https://www.thelancet.com/coronavirus

Sa te stranice evo nekih zanimljivosti:

By Jan 2, 2020, 41 admitted hospital patients had been identified as having laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infection. Most of the infected patients were men (30 [73%] of 41); less than half had underlying diseases (13 [32%]), including diabetes (eight [20%]), hypertension (six [15%]), and cardiovascular disease (six [15%]). Median age was 49·0 years (IQR 41·0–58·0). 27 (66%) of 41 patients had been exposed to Huanan seafood market. One family cluster was found. Common symptoms at onset of illness were fever (40 [98%] of 41 patients), cough (31 [76%]), and myalgia or fatigue (18 [44%]); less common symptoms were sputum production (11 [28%] of 39), headache (three [8%] of 38), haemoptysis (two [5%] of 39), and diarrhoea (one [3%] of 38). Dyspnoea developed in 22 (55%) of 40 patients (median time from illness onset to dyspnoea 8·0 days [IQR 5·0–13·0]). 26 (63%) of 41 patients had lymphopenia. All 41 patients had pneumonia with abnormal findings on chest CT. Complications included acute respiratory distress syndrome (12 [29%]), RNAaemia (six [15%]), acute cardiac injury (five [12%]) and secondary infection (four [10%]). 13 (32%) patients were admitted to an ICU and six (15%) died. Compared with non-ICU patients, ICU patients had higher plasma levels of IL2, IL7, IL10, GSCF, IP10, MCP1, MIP1A, and TNFα.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

Od 6 članova jedne šenženske porodice koja je posetila rođake u Vuhanu razbolelo se 5 i po njihovom povratku još jedan koji nije putovao tamo.

From Jan 10, 2020, we enrolled a family of six patients who travelled to Wuhan from Shenzhen between Dec 29, 2019 and Jan 4, 2020. Of six family members who travelled to Wuhan, five were identified as infected with the novel coronavirus. Additionally, one family member, who did not travel to Wuhan, became infected with the virus after several days of contact with four of the family members. None of the family members had contacts with Wuhan markets or animals, although two had visited a Wuhan hospital. Five family members (aged 36–66 years) presented with fever, upper or lower respiratory tract symptoms, or diarrhoea, or a combination of these 3–6 days after exposure. They presented to our hospital (The University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital, Shenzhen) 6–10 days after symptom onset. They and one asymptomatic child (aged 10 years) had radiological ground-glass lung opacities. Older patients (aged >60 years) had more systemic symptoms, extensive radiological ground-glass lung changes, lymphopenia, thrombocytopenia, and increased C-reactive protein and lactate dehydrogenase levels. The nasopharyngeal or throat swabs of these six patients were negative for known respiratory microbes by point-of-care multiplex RT-PCR, but five patients (four adults and the child) were RT-PCR positive for genes encoding the internal RNA-dependent RNA polymerase and surface Spike protein of this novel coronavirus, which were confirmed by Sanger sequencing. Phylogenetic analysis of these five patients' RT-PCR amplicons and two full genomes by next-generation sequencing showed that this is a novel coronavirus, which is closest to the bat severe acute respiatory syndrome (SARS)-related coronaviruses found in Chinese horseshoe bats.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30154-9/fulltext

hyKCwzp.jpg

I malo direktno od Kineza:

A cluster of cases of viral pneumonia of unknown etiology (VPUE), now known as novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia (NCIP), occurred in Wuhan, Hubei Province and was reported to health authorities on December 29, 2019.

On December 29, 2019, a hospital in Wuhan admitted four individuals with pneumonia and recognized that all four had worked in the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, which sells live poultry, aquatic products, and several kinds of wild animals to the public.
Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market has western and eastern sections, and 15 environmental specimens collected in the western section were positive for 2019-nCoV virus through RT-PCR testing and genetic sequencing analysis. Despite extensive searching, no animal from the market has thus far been identified as a possible source of infection.

As of January 19, 198 cases of NCIP have been reported in Wuhan with 110 (55.6%) cases reported in males. The median age was 57 years old with a range of 26 to 89 years. As of this day, 25 patients have recovered and have been discharged from medical care, and 3 patients have died. A total of 170 patients are receiving isolated medical treatment at designated Wuhan medical facilities. Among these patients, 126 are classified to have mild illnesses, 35 have severe illnesses, and 9 are in critical condition.

http://weekly.chinacdc.cn/en/article/id/e3c63ca9-dedb-4fb6-9c1c-d057adb77b57

Grip ko grip. Ljudi umiru od njega. Možeš misliti. Za sad ne deluje da je smrtnost išta veća od drugih virusa. Ko zna koliko je ljudi zaraženo sa blagim simptomima ko i kod normalnog gripa. 

Edited by theanswer
23 minutes ago, theanswer said:

Grip ko grip. Ljudi umiru od njega. Možeš misliti. Za sad ne deluje da je smrtnost išta veća od drugih virusa. Ko zna koliko je ljudi zaraženo sa blagim simptomima ko i kod normalnog gripa. 

Pa da, zbog toga u karantinu 20 miliona ljudi. Kako da ne.

On 24.1.2020. at 10:09, Redoran said:

ona u kojoj u Vuhanu imaju Umbrella Corp. iz koje im je pobegao zombi-virus kojeg su sami napravili

Da je nemoguće, baš i nije.

Članak naučnog časopisa Nature o vuhanskoj laboratoriji za ispitivanje najopasnijih patogena iz februara 2017:

Inside the Chinese lab poised to study world's most dangerous pathogens

A laboratory in Wuhan is on the cusp of being cleared to work with the world’s most dangerous pathogens.

BSL-4 is the highest level of biocontainment: its criteria include filtering air and treating water and waste before they leave the laboratory, and stipulating that researchers change clothes and shower before and after using lab facilities. Such labs are often controversial.

The lab’s first project will be to study the BSL-3 pathogen that causes Crimean–Congo haemorrhagic fever: a deadly tick-borne virus that affects livestock across the world, including in northwest China, and that can jump to people.

Future plans include studying the pathogen that causes SARS, which also doesn’t require a BSL-4 lab, before moving on to Ebola and the West African Lassa virus, which do.

But worries surround the Chinese lab, too. The SARS virus has escaped from high-level containment facilities in Beijing multiple times, notes Richard Ebright, a molecular biologist at Rutgers University in Piscataway, New Jersey.

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

Edited by vememah
  • Redoran changed the title to Coronavirus Covid-19 - opšta tema
  • Redoran pinned this topic