IGNORED

The Smiths

Tsai

E, jeste. Ta stvar je neobicna za njihov opus, a mene najvise radi. Tu je gitarista Mar odradio neku cudnu tehniku, da je posle i sam jedva znao da ponovi. Zezam, naravno... evo i zive verzije kao dokaza.http://youtu.be/KmXAnB0mEvoA evo sta kaze i allmusic
by Tim DiGravinaProbably the most played Morrissey/Marr song of all time, "How Soon Is Now?" is an epic throwback to '60s psychedelia, a lushly produced symphony of Johnny Marr guitar perfection, and perhaps the ultimate statement of Morrissey's bold miserablism. That it's one of the most compelling songs of the 1980s is nearly impossible to deny. Marr's guitar wraps around itself and back again, its tremolo seemingly echoing straight out of an ecstasy-hazed Hacienda. The sole song from Meat Is Murder produced by John Porter, "How Soon Is Now?" certainly seems more dance-oriented than most of the tracks from the Smiths' sophomore album. Mike Joyce's drums virtually mimic a drum machine, as he two-fistedly pounds the same sharp beat for nearly seven minutes. Morrissey exudes confident depression, foregoing the crooning whine present on so many of the band's early songs. He seems relatively detached offering droll lines like "I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar." His lyrics might be hopeless, but he sounds coolly at ease. A semi-jokey whistle that crops up now and again paints the picture of a bold swagger, suggesting that Morrissey knew the band would continue to be revered by a growing army of fans and discussed in tones the British press hadn't used since the Beatles. Along with the more dancefloor-friendly songs of their Manchester peers New Order, the Smiths helped to inspire an entire cache of local talent with the druggy textures of this song, spawning similar genre-hopping outfits like the Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays. Though it isn't necessarily indicative of the Smiths' general style, and though die-hard fans might feign disgust at those who instantly label it a favorite, "How Soon Is Now?" etches and rattles with a seemingly timeless sense of cool. So what if it was the first introduction to a mass audience across England's borders? So what if the song makes countless appearances across the band's discography? Any song at once so standoffish and yet so charming deserves as broad an audience as possible.
Edited by Indy

Pesma je apsolutno genijalna, a baš ona me nikada nije radila i nikad nije prestalo da me nervira što me ne radi :D

Edited by MancMellow

Meni je bila jedno vreme njihova omiljena stvar, dok nisam sve živo od njih preslušao, pa su se pojavili i drugi favoriti. Sjajna stvar.

Uz duzno postovanje gospodinu, ovo je takva kolicina gluposti koju ni Medlin Olbrajt na esidu ne bi uspela da izgovori.
sve je apsolutno tačno. smitsi su samosažaljivi. takva muzika je mogla postati popularna tek kada je civilizacija došla na stupanj da borba za opstanak ne eliminiše taj najslabiji sloj homosapiensa, koji su od roditeljskh davanja u stanju da kupe kartu i odu nakoncertšalim se. dobri su mi smitsi, ali zaista mislim taj deo o samosažaljivosti. sve je tako tragićnoevo prilogahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-92XzhCHo Edited by Ravanelli

primedba da su smitsi nejebacki bend je jednako smislena kao da otpises pelea zasto sto je crnac.baviti se necijom ljubavlju prema smitsima je jedna od onih stvari koje govore gotovo sve o necijem karakteru. ovo ozbiljno mislim.ako ne kapiras zasto neko voli smitse, produzi dalje - problem je sigurno u tebi a ne u njemu.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubpRcZNJAnE

Edited by gazza1
primedba da su smitsi nejebacki bend je jednako smislena kao da otpises pelea zasto sto je crnac.baviti se necijom ljubavlju prema smitsima je jedna od onih stvari koje govore gotovo sve o necijem karakteru. ovo ozbiljno mislim.ako ne kapiras zasto neko voli smitse, produzi dalje - problem je sigurno u tebi a ne u njemu.
ne znam kako si tačno došao do toga da ne volim smitse, pored onoga što sam ostavio o panic ili prethodnom postu? više mi je misterija za to otpisivanje na nejebaštvo kako ti je uspelo da shvatiš ozbiljno?

Pa bespotrebno si pokazivao mišiće na Smitsima i branio subkulturnu čast i obraz, šta li. Davno prevaziđena šala, 2013. je, svako se bez straha može prepustiti najboljem pop bendu svih vremena.*pardon, ne baš svako

johnny_marr_david_cameron_twitter_12-2-2010-11-30-10-AM.jpg

Edited by dillinger

odgovoricu tvom glasnogovorniku preko mog glasnogovornikaRollins reaction to the Morrissey video is pretty extreme (horrific, xenophobic, homophobic, stupid, yes that too): it seems the intensive vulnerability, intensive artifice (polyester shirt, English), intensive “sentimentality” of Morrissey “inspires” this horrific fantasies in Rollins, who is supposed to be such a sincere and intensive guy, but here proves to be totally taken in by Morrissey’s “orbit.”In difference to the article I discuss in the last post, here sincerity is masculine and supposedly anti-sentimental, while artifice and its netshirts and makeup is sentimental, and by being sentimental inspires a kind of violence, but a kind of violence that exposes the charade of Henry Rollins’ macho persona. Maybe this complicates the framework of sentimentality and intensity a bit. Or maybe it’s just fun to look at youtube clips from the 90s.

Edited by gazza1