IGNORED

Play That Funky Music

djekson

Po definiciji:

Funk is a music genre that originated in the mid-late 1960s when African American musicians blended soul music, jazz and R&B into a rhythmic, danceable new form of music. Funk de-emphasizes melody and harmony and brings a strong rhythmic groove of electric bass and drums to the foreground. Funk songs are often based on an extended vamp on a single chord, distinguishing it from R&B and soul songs, which are centered on chord progressions.Like much African-inspired music, funk typically consists of a complex groove with rhythm instruments such as electric guitar, electric bass, Hammond organ, and drums playing interlocking rhythms. Funk bands sometimes have a horn section of several saxophones, trumpets, and in some cases, a trombone, which plays rhythmic "hits".Many of the most famous bands in the genre also played disco and soul extensively. Funk samples have been used extensively in genres including hip hop, house music and drum and bass. It is also the main influence of go-go, a subgenre associated with funk.[2]

I, navodno, prva fank stvar.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqDB2spyG0

By the mid-1960s, James Brown had developed his signature groove that emphasized the downbeat—with heavy emphasis on the first beat of every measure to etch his distinctive sound, rather than the backbeat that typified African American music. Brown often cued his band with the command "On the one!," changing the percussion emphasis/accent from the one-two-three-four backbeat of traditional soul music to the one-two-three-four downbeat – but with an even-note syncopated guitar rhythm (on quarter notes two and four) featuring a hard-driving, repetitive brassy swing. This one-three beat launched the shift in Brown's signature music style, starting with his 1964 hit single, "Out of Sight" and his 1965 hit, "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag".
Kasnije su Parliament/Funkadelic napravili čitavu mitologiju od fank ritma, tj. od The One.
Pa da, al nekako, čim mjuzu nazoveš fanki, nešto smrdi. Pun intended..
Upravo :D Someone said "If you can describe it, it ain't funky".So, prilažem prigodan linkić pa je poželjna rasprava, ako ima nedoumica.Po mom razumevanju korene vuče iz soul, R&B, Jazz, Motowna, ali je mnogo ritmičniji. Primetio sam soul temu drugog korisnika, ali smatrao sam poželjnim da i ova etapa bude zastupljena i prepoznatljiva, mada, možda grešim? Edited by djekson
Po mom razumevanju korene vuče iz soul, R&B, Jazz, Motowna, ali je mnogo ritmičniji. Primetio sam soul temu drugog korisnika, ali smatrao sam poželjnim da i ova etapa bude zastupljena i prepoznatljiva, mada, možda grešim?
Ne grešiš uopšte, i kreće odatle + bolesni Braunov um:
In a 1990 interview, Brown offered his reason for switching the rhythm of his music: "I changed from the upbeat to the downbeat.... Simple as that, really." According to Maceo Parker, Brown's former saxophonist, playing on the downbeat was at first hard for him and took some getting used to. Reflecting back to his early days with Brown's band, Parker reported that he had difficulty playing "on the one" during solo performances, since he was used to hearing and playing with the accent on the second beat.
Mejsio je posle postao velikan svoje vrste. Nego, ja sam više aludirao na foru da fank puristi muziku koju vole nikad ne bi nazvali fanki, već samo fank, dok je fanki pridev, prilog, smisao života. Edited by Buck Naked