• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Weenie Pooh

• luba

• Аврам Гојић

• Lrd

cudo nisi ovaj komentar izvukao, vini

actually, imagine Lindelof would have gotten his hands on the scripts for those

aleksija, ceka te redrum ako opet nestanes, kazemo ti joshua i ja!

a kupi knjiznickog policajca, ako je to ono susedsko rasparcano izdanje.

Pft, komentari na nekom tamo blogu, pfffft Lindelof, booo, hsss...

Ja moram da priznam da je meni ta TV serija bila odlična kad sam je gledao (koliko se sećam, pre nego što sam čitao knjigu). Čovek tvog televizijskog života bi mogao da je usere na milion i jedan način ubacivanjem svoje trademark nepametne misterioznosti... Možda bi napravio neki tie-in sa Lostom, pa Flagg bude onaj crni sa ostrva, Džejkob, a Mother Abigail bude onaj beli kakoszvaše...

nije zbog mene, nego ti bas volis da ga mrzis. dejmon bi se pre upustio u lisey's story, na primer.

ni meni nije nedrag onaj the stand, ima rupa dozlaboga, ali za ondasnju tv bio sasvim ok.

nego da se vratim na probleme prvog sveta. poklekla sam. prolog je divan, prva dva poglavlja fantasticna. iznenadjenje je da je roman pisan u prezentu, nisam sigurna kako ce to funkcionisati, u sledecim poglavljima imam utisak da malo usporava, ali to mozda zato sto sam citala pred spavanje.

ima rupa miniserija ali je kasting spot on. ne mogu ds zamislim Stjus mimo Gerija Sinisa, da ne govorim o Trash Can Man majstoriji

Edited by Грешни Василије
  • 1 month later...

A evo i autora u Beogradu pa možete da ga smarate do mile volje

Festival srpskog filma fantastike biće održan od 14. do 18. oktobra u Domu omladine Beograda i Muzeju kinoteke.

Specijalni gost biće američki reditelj, scenarista i producent Mik Geris, poznat po ekranizacijama dela Stivena Kinga, najavili su organizatori ove manifestacije.
Geris je režirao TV adaptacije Kingovog "Uporišta!", "Vreće kostiju" i "Isijavanja", kao i igrane dugometražne verzije "Riding The Bullet" i "Sleepwalkers". Idejni je tvorac serijala "Masters Of Horror", koji je 2005. i 2006. okupio majstore žanra strave i užasa poput Džona Karpentera i Darija Arđenta.

Stvarno, sto se Vulkan malo ne iscima i ne dovede coveka na sajam recimo, kad vec sve ionako guraju na tu sajmcinu. Osim, naravno, ako on sam nije u tom fazonu, dalek je to put (mada bice valjda uskoro i direktnih letova USA-BG, svaka cast Vucicu).

• 4 weeks later...

oho!

Goodreads: Congratulations on the un-put-down-able Revival; my children almost went hungry. What was your inspiration for this book? And is it really "the most terrifying conclusion" you've ever written? 

Stephen King: The inspiration was Arthur Machen's The Great God Pan, which is a terrifying story about the world that might exist beyond this one. Other influences were Lovecraft, Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, and my own religious upbringing. And I've been wanting to write about tent show healings for a long time!

I wanted to write a balls-to-the-wall supernatural horror story, something I haven't done in a long time. I also wanted to use Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos, but in a new fashion, if I could, stripping away Lovecraft's high-flown language.
  • 3 weeks later...
Matthew McConaughey to take The Stand for Stephen King adaptation

Oscar-winning actor tipped to play villain in four-film version of King’s epic novel, directed by The Fault in Our Stars’s Josh Boone

Xan Brooks
theguardian.com, Monday 24 November 2014 10.28 GMT

Matthew McConaughey is tipped to take the role of villainous Randall Flagg in The Stand, a Hollywood franchise based on the 1978 Stephen King novel. Backed by Warner Bros, The Stand will be released as four standalone pictures directed by Josh Boone. Discussing the project on Kevin Smith’s podcast, Boone described The Stand as “the Godfather of post-apocalyptic thrillers.”

Conceived as an American version of The Lord of the Rings, King’s 1200-page epic spotlights the battle between good and evil after a deadly virus has wiped out the bulk of the world’s population. McConaughey looks set to play the story’s chief antagonist, a grinning cowboy with supernatural powers who establishes a power base in the ruins of Las Vegas. 

McConaughey won the 2014 best actor Oscar for his acclaimed turn in The Dallas Buyers Club and recently appeared in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar and as an anguished Louisiana cop in the TV series True Detective. Boone directed the teen weepy The Fault in Our Stars and has also been booked to direct another Stephen King adaptation, Lisey’s Story. The Stand was previously made into a TV mini-series back in 1994.

‘The Stand’ Adaptation Now Planned as Four Movies

Posted on Thursday, November 20th, 2014 by Russ Fischer

Warner Bros. has been trying to craft a new film adaptation of Stephen King‘s novel The Stand for several years. The studio has gone through a roster of writers and directors, but last year finally landed on The Fault in Our Stars director Josh Boone to write and direct.

Boone is a life-long fan of Stephen King, and has been pretty forthcoming with some comments about The Stand. Now, what was originally seen as a single-film adaptation has now expanded into something much bigger. Because WB likes the prospect of selling an event movie series rather than one single long dramatic horror movie, The Stand is now planned as a four-film series.

Josh Boone appeared on Kevin Smith’s Hollywood Babble-On podcast for a really great conversation (stream it below) and had quite a lot to say about The Stand. When he was first brought in to talk about it, he was given earlier script drafts to read.

[Those drafts] were not so much where I thought they should be going with it. [They were] much more like a big summer blockbuster. When I thought about The Stand it’s so much about the vast network of characters, and all their problems. It’s kind of a morality play set in post-apocalyptic America. The battle between good and evil is the battle for these peoples’ souls. They make choices which dictate the fate of humanity.

The first stage of developing the film started out, despite Boone’s initial concerns, as a single film adaptation. Boone scripted that, and had some specific ideas about how to compress the sprawling novel into a solitary film (note that this middle of this quote has a Stand spoiler in it):

I really wanted to do an A-list actor, really grounded, credible version of the movie. I sold them on that and they hired me…I sold them on a single, three hour movie. I went and got [stephen] King sold on it, everybody’s really excited…I told the story non-linear and that was the way I was able to compress that book and get everything into that script. You open with Mother Abigail dying and sending the guys off, and then you jump back in time… So what happened is the script gets finished, I write it in like five months, everybody loves it, King loves it, $87 million is what it was budgeted at, really expensive for a horror drama that doesn’t have set pieces.

As he says, that’s a pretty good budget range for a film planned as a hard-R horror adaptation. Boone would have probably had to really be smart about using that money, but if he gets the characters right, a lot of The Stand’s tension can come from waiting for things to explode. (Elsewhere, Boone talks about the idea that the horror of The Stand is Larry Underwood trapped in the Lincoln Tunnel, and that it’s subjective horror, akin to Roman Polanski’s work, rather than a setpiece sort of horror.)

But WB actually wanted a more expensive film, something with setpieces that would make The Stand easier to market overseas. Boone just wanted to get the tone and characters right. But then Warners had another offer.

They came back and said “would you do it as multiple films?” and I said “fuck yes!” I loved my script, and I was willing to drop it in an instant because you’re able to do an even truer version that way. So I think we are going to do like four movies. I can’t tell you anything about how we’re going to do them, or what’s going to be in which movie. I’ll just say we are going to do four movies, and we’re going to do THE STAND at the highest level you can do it at, with a cast that’s going to blow people’s minds. We’ve already been talking to lots of people, and have people on board in certain roles that people don’t know about. We’re looking to go into production next year, maybe in the spring.

Here’s the full podcast, which is very much worth listening to. Boone has great things to say overall about the span of his career so far, and making The Fault in Our Stars. His discussion of The Stand and Stephen King starts at about 15:30 when he starts to talk about his introduction to Stephen King. Then it gets more into details at 21:00, and there’s some talk of King characters, and how many King movies blow it by emphasizing the supernatural and losing the characters. The quotes above come from the conversation that kicks in well over the one-hour mark, at about 1:21:30.

Edited by Sludge Factory

"The American version of the Lord of the Rings"? :blink: Koji idiot je ovo poređenje izmislio?

Zna se valjda da je američki LOTR u stvari A Song of Ice and Fire, za neupućene Game of Thrones.