IGNORED

Niska Orbita

bigvlada

ako već ne bi i izbrisao civilizaciju s lica Zemlje

Pa što da ne, ako numemo bez sveckih ratova. To k'o ovaj Hella, oni bi da teraformira Mars, pošto prethodno teradeformira materu Zemlju.

Mercury 13, grupa žena kojima je pukao film zbog preovlađujućeg stanovišta da je posao astronauta "muški posao". Sve su prošle identičan prvi krug testova kao i muškarci. 

RaoeTDi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blue Origin soars again, successfully reusing its New Shepard rocket Like last time, the booster flew to space and then stuck a vertical landing.

by Eric Berger (US) - Jan 23, 2016 5:55pm CET

01_bo_rollout_download-640x428.jpg
Blue Origin

The barriers to reusable rockets keep falling. Late Friday night Blue Origin posted a new video of its New Shepard rocket booster flying into space a second time and then landing safely again back in West Texas. This marked the first time a rocket booster has been flown into space, landed, and re-flown again.

Friday's launch to an altitude of 101.7km, which is just above the Karman line considered to be the boundary of outer space, follows a similar flight of the same booster in November. A month later, in December, SpaceX landed a much larger booster, the first stage of its Falcon 9 rocket, back at Florida for the first time. But even as SpaceX has begun testing that rocket, which will likely not fly again, Blue Origin has moved ahead to a second flight.

Video of the launch of a reused New Shepard booster.

The rivalry between Blue Origin's Jeff Bezos and SpaceX's Elon Musk is spurring the race toward reusability, with the aim of driving down rocket costs so that more people and hardware can be launched into space. As the new video's tagline says, "You can't get there by throwing the hardware away." This may be a subtle dig at NASA, which is building an expensive, massive new rocket, the Space Launch System, which is entirely expendable.

Through reusability, the new space companies want to dramatically cut launch costs to realize ambitious visions. Blue Origin's goal is millions of people living and working in space. SpaceX wants to colonize Mars.

"Though wings and parachutes have their adherents and their advantages, I’m a huge fan of rocket-powered vertical landing," he wrote. "Why? Because — to achieve our vision of millions of people living and working in space — we will need to build very large rocket boosters. And the vertical landing architecture scales extraordinarily well."After this week's successful reuse of the New Shepard rocket, Bezos explained in a blog post why he had opted for rockets rather than a winged vehicle to open up access to space.

Blue Origin has designed its New Shepard with two main components, a pressurized crew capsule and a propulsion module, or booster, powered by a single BE-3 liquid hydrogen engine. The company intends for the vehicle to fly autonomously, and it can carry as many as six passengers. It also plans to begin testing of a much more powerful engine, the BE-4, later this year.

This post originated on Ars Technica

Ispravnost SSTO koncepta DC-X-a i njegovih prethodnika je još jednom potvrđena. Ista višekratna letelica je dva puta letela u kosmos. Čekamo SERV/Kankoh Maru VTVL SSTO naslednika.  :D

• 1 month later...

1956.godina, jedna ideja za prvi lansirni sistem. 

M0bKHDb.jpg

sGNA5nv.jpg

80fivxl.jpg

EvYJutt.jpg

8Ti36th.jpg

iGfuNbk.jpg

ycS81CD.jpg

Nažalost, ovo ni dan danas nije funkcionalno. Najpribližniji sistem je White Knight 2/Spaceship 2 iako je bilo desetak sličnih predloga prilikom razvoja Šatla, samo što je i tamo bio dvostepeni sistem (avion nosač i raketa). 

Prvi model kosmičke stanice na naduvavanje. Potrošeno je još desetak godina na istraživanje i razvoj da bi onda tehnologija čamila decenijama dok je Bigelow nije otkupio i pretočio (posle još desetak godina razvoja) u stvarni projekat. Stanica Genesis 1 je u orbiti skoro 10 godina, Genesis 2 skoro devet a u aprilu će biti lansirana i treća, BEAM, malo veća od dve prethodne (16 kubnih metara u odnosu na 11 prethodnika) koja neće leteti samostalno već će biti prikačena na ISS kao modul radi ispitivanja. Samo 54 godine posle prvog modela. 

missilesrockets1011unse_0884.jpg?downloa

Uvežbavanje sletanja na vodenu površinu na Crnom moru. Sasvim realna opcija prilikom letova na Mesec (jedan Zond, tj. modifikovani Sojuz je posle uspešne misije oko Meseca sleteo u Indijski okean).

p32VwjC.jpg

I jedna novija. 

95HxuKh.jpg

Edited by bigvlada

Prikaz američkih i drugih zapadnih civilnih raketa u periodu od 1945. do 1957.  godine. Spisak je opširniji nego oni koji su se mogli naći u kasnijim publikacijama (ne računajući knjige koje se bave tematikom). 

vB9ZZG7.jpg

jJ1dvfr.jpg

U7N5pEt.jpg

xKqLIHU.jpg

Fll5Hmo.jpg

IpSLLjr.jpg

8EwpCm1.jpg

wDWPzke.jpg

b1RQ7vJ.jpg

YNhBXDR.jpg

Posle samo 50+ godina od začetka ideje, modul na naduvavanje će imati prve posetioce. Ako sve bude bilo kako treba ovo leti sledeće nedelje na ISS. Uglavnom će samo stajati tamo i biti nakrcan instrumentima i senzorima ali predviđa se i da će s vremena na vreme članovi posade ulaziti u modul. 

x3Jaivo.jpg

US Air Force Invests in Vulcan – ULA’s All-American Rocket

United Launch Alliance and Blue Origin Partner with Air Force to Develop New, All-American Rocket Engine
By News Desk -  
Mar 1, 2016 

United Launch Alliance (ULA) and Blue Origin LLC, a privately-funded aerospace company owned by Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos, entered into a public-private partnership with the U.S. Air Force to develop a new rocket propulsion system to power the Vulcan – ULA’s next-generation launch system.

The Department of Defense announced today it awarded United Launch Services LLC, a majority owned subsidiary of United Launch Alliance a $46 million for the development of the Vulcan BE-4 and Advanced Cryogenic Evolved Stage (ACES) rocket propulsion system prototypes for the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle program. The majority of the current contract funds the BE-4. A small fraction (1.7 percent) also covers investment in the ACES rocket, to be used in the upper stage segment.

This agreement implements Section 1604 of the fiscal year 2015 National Defense Authorization Act, which requires the development of a next-generation rocket propulsion system that will transition away from the use of the Russian supplied RD-180 engine to a domestic alternative for National Security Space launches. ULA has been investing in the development of the Vulcan rocket for more than a year. Development of the BE-4 engine is fully funded by Blue Origin, with investment by ULA, and offers the fastest path to a domestic alternative to the RD-180. Development is on schedule to achieve qualification for flight in 2017 to support the first Vulcan flight in 2019.

“While the RD-180 engine has been a remarkable success with more than 60 successful launches, we believe now is the right time for American investment in a domestic engine,” said Tory Bruno, president and chief executive officer of ULA. This agreement will enhance the company’s progress integrating the BE-4 engine with the Vulcan launch vehicle.

The BE-4 uses liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a propellant and liquid oxygen (LOx) as oxidizer, in a rocket engine that delivers 550,000-lbf of thrust at sea level. Two BE-4s would power each ULA Vulcan booster, providing 1,100,000-lbf thrust at liftoff. More than three years into development, the BE-4 will be qualified for flight in 2017, at least two years sooner than any alternatives, Blue Origin claims. The ACES rocket propulsion system provides the thrust for the upper stage engine.

Vulcan will launch from Space Launch Complex 41 at the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida and Space Launch Complex 3 at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. ULA is teaming in the development of the BE-4 to enable availability for national security, civil, human and commercial missions. Development of the BE-4 engine has been underway for more than four years and testing of the BE-4 components is ongoing at Blue Origin’s test facilities in West Texas.

vulcan5m725-e1456792396853.jpg
Vulcan Next Generation Launch System is developed as a modular, scalable launch system that uses a single core system to launch payloads to orbit from low Earth orbit (LEO) to Pluto..Image: ULA

The ‘Next Generation Launch System’ is evolved in two steps. In step one, with a planned initial launch capability in 2019, Vulcan will exceed the capability of Atlas V, serving the vast majority of our customers’ mission needs. Step one of the NGLS consists of single booster stage, the high-energy Centaur second stage and either a 4-meter or 5-meter-diameter payload fairing. Up to four solid rocket boosters (SRBs) augment the lift off power of the 4-meter configuration, while up to six SRBs can be added to the 5-meter.

In step two, the Centaur second stage will be replaced by the more powerful ACES in 2023. With the addition of ACES, Vulcan will achieve the current capability of the Delta IV Heavy, which carries the largest payloads for our most critical customers.

The Air Force also awarded a separate $115 million development contract to an Aerojet Rocketdyne-ULA team for the development of the AR1 rocket propulsion system prototype for the Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) program. The AR1 engine is a booster stage engine intended for the Vulcan.

“ULA continues to work with both Blue Origin and Aerojet Rocketdyne to pursue two options for a next-generation American engine and that is why we’re teaming with two of the world’s leading propulsion companies,” said Bruno.

Jedan zanimljiv koncept iz praskozorja kosmičke ere. Ideja je da se teži satelit lansira tako što će se njegovi delovi lansirati pomoću manjih raketa i kasnije spojiti u orbiti. 

2MFeBIr.jpg

SFQWIMc.jpg

ziiNLr7.jpg

Fine su im ove grafike, još kada bi i podaci bili tačni gde bi im bio kraj. German Titov, čovek broj 2 u kosmosu nije bio član komunističke partije SSSR-a i to je jedan od razloga zašto nije bio prvi.