IGNORED

To, mačko!

Afterburner

7 minutes ago, stray cat said:

Neki/mnogi forumaši ovde stvarno nemaju ni najmanju predstavu koliko je ovo loše za tenis, kucam o svemu što se dešava nakon što je organizator hebenog slema (jednog od 4 nezvaničnih svetskih prvenstava) u dogovoru sa državom, dozvolio najboljem igraču da može da učestvuje.

Pa ocito da se nisu dogovorili sa federalnim drzavnim institucijama koje kontrolisu granicne prelaze. Tako da nisu u dogovoru sa drzavom.

Edited by Moonwalker
  • +1 1
2 minutes ago, Moonwalker said:

Pa ocito da se nisu dogovorili sa federalnim drzavnim institucijama koje kontrolisu granicne prelaze. Tako da nisu u dogovoru sa drzavom.

Pa onda bi mogli da se jave i teniski savez i AO i da prozbore nesto, na stranu kljakavi, kralj blamova

• +1 2
2 minutes ago, Filozof manijak said:

Mene lično tačno zabole koliko je ovo loše za tenis. Valjda je zdravlje ljudi preče od jebenog sporta.

Ojeo sam se od muke zbog tamo nekog AU opena i golgote nevakcinisanog pajsera. Sad će tačno život da mi izgubi smisao.

Sasvim je OK što te zabole, samo sam otkucao nešto vezano za ovaj, teniski deo foruma.

3 minutes ago, Moonwalker said:

Sa drzavom se ne dogovara: ona se slusa.

Cak i u Australiji....:isuse:

Najjače mi "ATP da se zapita", a oni ga jebu kako stignu, maksimalno marginalizuju i nemam sumnju da sede u foteljama u nekim opskurnim odajama i slatko se smeju svemu što mu se dešava.

Sent from my Mi 10 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Tsai said:

Pa onda bi mogli da se jave i teniski savez i AO i da prozbore nesto, na stranu kljakavi, kralj blamova

Pa mogu oni da se jave, ali da mu ne pomogne. Nama je izgleda refleksno to “ali jedan poziv menja sve”.  

Jbg ne menja uvek, kod svakog i svuda. Ali dobar advokat i OK dokumentacija cesto menja. A on sve to moze da priusti, zar ne?

Edited by Moonwalker

Na stranu sve- i nelogičnosti, i skoro izvesne nepravilnosti, i neusklađenost i neprincipijelnost australijskih vlasti i teniske federacije, ali sitna duša poput mene ne može da ne oseti makar nagoveštaj satisfakcije zato što je negde, u nekom kutku sveta, neki istaknuti avaks dobio po pičci.

Kako god se on zvao i koliko god ja za njega navijao. 

P.S. Teško zamisliva  mogućnost da ispadnem još sitnija duša ostvariće se ako nekim čudom Oziji na kraju ipak puste Nola  da igra i on osvoji deseti AO:)

• +1 9
1 minute ago, Moonwalker said:

Pa mogu oni da se jave, ali da mu ne pomogne. Nama je izgleda refleksno to “ali jedan poziv menja sve”.  

Jbg ne menja uvek i svuda. Ali dobar advokat i OK dokumentacija cesto menja.

Ne mislim da se jave i da ga izvuku, nego da preuzmu deo odgovornosti koji je, ipak, ocigledan. Nisu iskoordinisali nista ni sa kim a dali mu izuzece

• +1 1
2 minutes ago, Tsai said:

Ne mislim da se jave i da ga izvuku, nego da preuzmu deo odgovornosti koji je, ipak, ocigledan. Nisu iskoordinisali nista ni sa kim a dali mu izuzece

A da li je njima u opisu posla da iskoordinisu njegovu dokumentaciju za vizu kojom prelazi granicu ako su mu dali izuzece za turnir?

U međuvremenu je u Heraldu izašao još jedan članak koji objašnjava trenutnu situaciju sa Đokovićem u svetlu unutrašnje australijske politike i dolazećih izbora, na liniji onoga što sam ovde ranije pisao:

Djokovic denied entry because of politics, not public health

We’re months away from a federal election and the government is under pressure after yet again abrogating their responsibility to keep the public safe, sending confusing messages on what exactly is the country’s current approach to the pandemic, and failing to secure enough rapid antigen tests and make them free.

So what does the Prime Minister do? One of the oldest tricks in the Australian political playbook: flick the switch to border control.

Welcome to the real story behind the Novak Djokovic saga.

First, let’s get the more straightforward things out of the way. I have very little sympathy for Djokovic and the situation he’s created for himself by attempting to come to Australia without proof of vaccination. By refusing to disclose his vaccination status, and publicly adopting an anti-vaccination stance, he’s spreading harm on a global stage.

But this isn’t about his personal position on vaccinations. If Djokovic had chosen to remain at home, we wouldn’t be talking about him. But he wanted to have his cake and eat it too, by refusing to offer proof of vaccination while also demanding the right to travel to a city that still bears the scars from one of the world’s longest lockdowns, to play for prize money and grand slam records.

The entire episode is pretty much self-inflicted and Djokovic isn’t a victim. But here’s the thing: the decision to allow him to travel to Australia, then to detain him, interrogate him and deport him, actually has very little to do with Djokovic. Rather, it’s about a federal government desperate to do two things: change the national conversation, and attempt to project some authority and control after it lost both.

Scott Morrison’s own comments over the past few days make this abundantly clear.

On Wednesday the Prime Minister was asked about the apparent exemption Djokovic had been granted by the Victorian government and Tennis Australia to travel to Melbourne. He didn’t criticise the decision, merely describing it as business as usual.

By Thursday, after Djokovic had been refused entry by Australian Border Force officials (i.e. his government) he was singing a very different tune. Morrison released a statement stating: “Rules are rules, especially when it comes to our borders. No one is above these rules.”

He went even further, linking the decision to deny Djokovic a visa to Australia’s broader response to COVID-19. “Our strong border policies have been critical to Australia having one of the lowest death rates in the world from COVID, we are continuing to be vigilant,” he said.

So what changed? How did our federal government’s position go from, “Well, that’s how this works” in relation to Djokovic’s exemption to humiliating him on an international stage?

The first reason was the backlash to the initial announcement that Djokovic would be able to play in the Open, despite not having proof of vaccination. It seemed unfathomable to tennis fans and commentators alike that after everything Melbourne had been through that he would be given an exemption.

It still remains unclear exactly why Tennis Australia and the Victorian government thought Djokovic would be exempt from federal border rules, given federal officials had written to them making it clear that someone in his position would not be granted quarantine-free travel to Australia.

But the interesting thing here isn’t so much the specific policies at play, but when and why Morrison decided to aggressively pursue the issue. The fact that it was only after a large public outcry strongly suggests that politics, particularly in the lead-up to a federal election, was as much of a factor as health policy.

It was an opportunity for the government to shift the conversation away from areas it’s struggling in – such as our underfunded healthcare system and the national collapse in testing capacity – to ground where it feels much more comfortable: borders.

That leads to the second reason Morrison has decided to talk so much about a tennis player as the country is gripped by its worst wave of COVID-19. As I’ve previously argued, Australian governments, particularly the federal one, have repeatedly chosen to deploy short-term measures like border closures as a way to contain the pandemic, instead of investing in public health capacity.

Morrison said it himself on Thursday: “We were one of the first countries to move to shut our border … and we have maintained those important border controls over the entire period of the pandemic.”

Our heavy reliance on border restrictions at both a national and state level lulled us into a state of false confidence. We thought we could get away without prioritising vaccinations, and without investing heavily in testing, tracing and additional hospital capacity as long as we maintained Fortress Australia. But this was never sustainable. The virus was coming, and our best shot was to vaccinate as many people as possible and reopen borders, to finally end nearly two years of social disruption.

But now as our public health failure has yet again been exposed by the testing debacle, Morrison has again pivoted to border control. The Djokovic saga has provided him with an opportunity to look “tough” and project as though he’s “protecting Australians” when all he’s done is prevent one high-profile entry into the country. From his perspective it’s a perfect distraction from the chaos much of the country is subsumed by right now.

Again, these current border measures aren’t sustainable, nor are they the real issue Australia is grappling with. No one seriously believes that with tens of thousands of cases a day the arrival of one tennis player is what will knock out our healthcare system.

The same goes for the decision to block Russia’s Natalia Vikhlyantseva from playing in the Australian Open. Despite being fully vaccinated, Vikhlyantseva isn’t allowed into the country because the vaccine she received, Russia’s Sputnik V, isn’t recognised by the TGA.

These high-profile decisions attract a lot of attention, because that’s their purpose. But they aren’t the reason our health system is under pressure and they aren’t the reason so many of us are sick right now. But they provide a welcome distraction for a Prime Minister who has been unwilling to deploy many policy levers in this pandemic, aside from the use of Border Force.

It’s time we ditch the border pantomime and realise that banning individuals, or even entire categories of people because of their visa status and the brand of vaccine they took, is not the solution here. There has only ever been one: a properly resourced public health system.

U ovom trenutku mi deluje mi da je moguće da Đokoviću u ponedeljak sud dozvoli ostanak i ako se to desi, i dalje očekujem da mu publika u Melburnu besomučno zviždi. Takođe pretpostavljam da će u tom slučaju da pukne pod pritiskom, a ako se to ne desi, onda je stvarno po mentalitetu i željom za pobedom najbliži Majkl Džordanu od svih ostalih sportista.

SaE

• Hvala 4

Jebiga, ja ne mogu da imam satisfakciju za maltretiranje bilo koga na granici jer znam kako je. Ispali su imbecilčine što nisu odmah rekli ne može i ćao ili ako može sa preležanim Covidom to je trebalo da bude transparentno sa obe strane. Kakva crna anonimnost za to, nidje veze. 

S druge strane mi nije jasno kako neko sa toliko resursa nema odmah na raspolaganju advokate, lekare i fixere koji rade na tome da ga izvuku odande. 

Najgore od svega je što je ovo sada pretvoreno u političku stvar umesto da ostane striktno zdravstvena regulacija sa jasnim pravilima. I to na pravoslavni božić, nabijem ih baš na kurac. Nek nam izglasaju Vučića doživotno kad su već tu, da znamo na čemu smo više. Kako prdnu negde preko on dobije 100k glasova.

Edited by Mos
  • +1 6
1 minute ago, Moonwalker said:

A da li je njima u opisu posla da iskoordinisu njegovu dokumentaciju za vizu kojom prelazi granicu ako su mu dali izuzece za turnir?

Aman, u opisu posla im nije nista, ali je sasvim ok da kazu nesto jer su ga do juce branili. Npr bar da spomenu da je lik 9 puta osvajao turnir i da je dobio izuzece od njih. Moralnu podrsku neku, nesto. Glas, bilo kakav

Da li se iko seća kako je tišina prekrila dve godine Nadalovog odsustva? Ili neobično diskretnog odlaska Žastin Enan?

Nekako mi se čini da sa Novakom ne bi bili tako nežni i da to ima veze sa organizacijom igrača koju predvodi.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

• Redoran locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic