IGNORED

To, mačko!

Afterburner

1 minute ago, nautilus said:

ma to je turnir pred US open. sigurno da nije tempirao formu za sinsinati.

+1 još obično dođe tu sa titulom iz Kanade

to i ja mislim, termin tj. tempiranje forme je glavni razlog, ali je Timi kao poznavalac napisao da je podloga u pitanju pa sam se plasio da napisem direktno :D

Nisam ja poznavalac :D Al znam da mu ta podloga ponajmanje odgovara, suvise je brza za njega. Novaku je ranije vise odgovarala brza podloga, ali pre 7-8 god kad je menjao malo stil pokazalo se da mu vise odgovaraju sporije podloge. Ali nije za podlogu bitno samo to da li je spora ilbrza. Vec dosta utice i kao loptica odskace na koje udarce, kolika je brza za igrace i sl. Pa plus spoljni faktori tipa vetar, vlaga,temepertatura...

I naravno utice i tzo sto pisete da je Cinci rpe USO, pa se tu cesto malo i taktizira. 

Da se Novak pita (a da Nadal ne postoji) mislim da se nimalo ne bi bunio da se sve igra na sljaci. Plus ponekad sporiji beton kao na AO.

Novak je svakako najsvestraniji sto se podloga tice. Deda nije znao nikad na njivi, dok bi Nadal samo njivu igrao. Marej specijalista za brzo, vecina Spanaca za sljaku, Amera za beton... Samo Novak delje na svim podlogama :) 

24 minutes ago, Timmy said:

Da se Novak pita (a da Nadal ne postoji) mislim da se nimalo ne bi bunio da se sve igra na sljaci.

:vermez3:

Moraš malo da paziš šta pričaš. Sve što kažeš može biti upotrebljeno protiv tebe. 

Najbolja Novakova podloga su spori i srednje brzi betoni. Zato je imao mnogo uspeha u prvo delu sezone. AO, IW, Mia i čak Kanada koja je sporija od CIN na kome se uvek igra ista podloga kao na USO. Sad su promenili podlogu ( pre par sezona ) na AO pa je mnogo bliža podlozi na USO nego što je ranije bila na AO, valjda misle da daju šansu da Nick the Dick nekad nešto eventualno uradi na turniru, i to može predstavljati problem. 

Nisam rekao da Novaku najvise odgovara sljaka, nego da bi tu zbog losije konkurenicje (izuzev Nadala) mogao da pravi najbolje rezultate. Svakako je teze na brzom betonu, koji osim sto mu ne odgovara, ima mnogo igraca koji su tu najbolji-deda, zdravi marej, Delpo, pa razni Cilici, Izneri, Andersoni... Na sljaci par SPanaca i to je to. 

9 hours ago, April said:

Voleo bih da igra samo Rodžers pre USO. Prosto, mora da bude svestan da je prešao trideset i da štedi svoje telo. Jebo Sinsinati.

Generalno bih se složio s tobom. Jedino u slučaju ako bodovi iz Sinsija ulaze u obračun za nosioce na USO, onda mislim da bi trebao da igra. Bilo bi značajno da se uvali u 8 nosioca za USO. Ukoliko sa Kanadom obezbedi TOP8 ili ako mu malo fali a Sinsi ulazi u tu priču, onda treba da igra. 

Hello, Novak Djokovic! Tennis Missed You.

After injury and self-doubt, a comeback Wimbledon triumph for the Serbian champion

Novak Djokovic hits a return to Kevin Anderson in the men's singles final.
Novak Djokovic hits a return to Kevin Anderson in the men's singles final. PHOTO: NEIL HALL/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
renocol_Jason_Gay.gif
By 
Jason Gay
Updated July 15, 2018 4:12 p.m. ET

Welcome back, Novak Djokovic.

Tennis missed you. Like, really missed you.

Don’t get me wrong: the Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal revival in your absence has been giddy fun—a throwback geezer party spectacular, as those two legends traded titles for a year and a half.

But men’s tennis hasn’t been the same without you at your best, Nole.

Your best was gone for more than a minute. It went into the wilderness for what seems like a couple of years. Even when you were around, you weren’t really around.

Body trouble. Head trouble. You just weren’t yourself.

It was startling, really.

I can’t believe I need to remind people of this, but it wasn’t so long ago that you were the undisputed best men’s tennis player on the planet.

You were the boss, the capo, the patron. People used to write stories about how Roger Federer would never win another big one, and you were the main reason why. You were the roadblock. You went 82-6 in 2015, winning three of four majors.

You have a lifetime winning record against both Federer and Nadal. People forget that. That is bananas.

Then you went away. Sunday’s Wimbledon final was the first major final you reached in almost two years.

How did it feel, Novak, to be in the wilderness? Playing hurt is awful. Missing time is worse. After losing in this tournament last year, you shut it down for the rest of your 2017 season.

Everyone was an expert on your troubles. Strangers wanted to pick you apart. Diagnose you. Psychoanalyze you. Cut you open.

You got your elbow worked on after Australia. But even when you came back, you were an “Oh yeah.” As in “Oh yeah, Novak’s also in this tournament.”

Like this Wimbledon. You were seeded No. 12 here. A fair seed, given your recent play, but you’re a three-time champion. They didn’t put you on Centre Court until this past Wednesday. That had to bum you out a tiny bit.

Now, at 31, you’re back. On Sunday you whomped Kevin Anderson in straight sets 6-2, 6-2, 7-6(3) to take your fourth Wimbledon men’s singles title.

And yet this title is a bit of surprise, probably even to you.

“The past couple years, they haven’t been so easy,” you said when it was over. “I have had many moments of doubt.”

The final match was pretty painless, but getting there wasn’t. You endured a monster of a semi with Nadal, one that stretched over one night and one afternoon, thanks to Anderson’s marathon with John Isner.

No disrespect to Anderson, who’s playing the best tennis of his life, but that Nadal semi was effectively the final, wasn’t it? It went five sets and more than five hours, and Nadal had more than a few chances.

But as he elevated, you kept elevating, too. That’s what reminded people of the old days.

At your best, I think you’re a vampire. I mean that in the best possible way: if you want to defeat prime-time Novak Djokovic, you’ve got to plunge a vampire stake to him. Until then, you keep coming, coming, coming, relentlessly. You use all available weapons. You play without fear.

That ruthlessness was on display against Nadal. Nadal is also awfully hard to beat. Never takes a point off. You had to win it 10-8 in the fifth.

This was a weird Wimbledon overall. The host nation was utterly distracted by the World Cup, where England reached the semifinals. President Trump arrived in London and rattled the town.

Meanwhile, there was a lot of talk at the men’s tournament about five-set matches and tiebreaks—and whether or not Wimbledon should eliminate the win-by-two games standard and use a fifth set tiebreak instead.

Meh. I don’t know about you, Nole, but I think this is mostly a stylistic concern. I’d rather give my cat a bath every day for a month than watch another minute of Anderson-Isner. But I loved every minute of Djokovic-Nadal. I could have sat for another two hours.

I say preserve the system. Keep tennis weird.

Novak Djokovic won his fourth career Wimbledon title.
Novak Djokovic won his fourth career Wimbledon title. PHOTO: GLYN KIRK/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES

And a salute to Angelique Kerber, who won the women’s singles on Saturday, her first Wimbledon title. And bravo Serena Williams, coming back after the birth of her first child and emergency surgery immediately afterward. A motivated Williams said after dropping the final that she is “just getting started.” That’s great news for tennis.

You’re also great news, Novak. The Fedheads and Nadal-ites know a full-strength Djokovic means a harder road for their idols, but it’s better for the overall health of the sport. Andy Murray lurks, too. And one of these days, one of the kids is finally going to crack through.

When you sealed it on Sunday, you took a nibble of the Centre Court grass like you did when you won your first one, and took joy that they’d let inside your 3-year-old son, Stefan, to see his Daddy lift the trophy.

It’s all worth it now, yeah? All that time in the wilderness?

Welcome back, Novak.

On 17.7.2018. at 16:43, Timmy said:

Nisam rekao da Novaku najvise odgovara sljaka, nego da bi tu zbog losije konkurenicje (izuzev Nadala) mogao da pravi najbolje rezultate. Svakako je teze na brzom betonu, koji osim sto mu ne odgovara, ima mnogo igraca koji su tu najbolji-deda, zdravi marej, Delpo, pa razni Cilici, Izneri, Andersoni... Na sljaci par SPanaca i to je to. 

Hipoteticki ako bi se izuzeo 1 Nadal,Dominik Tim bi bio veca pretnja od bilo kog para spanjolaca

Cini mi se da je Tim poprilicno usporio sa napredkom. Nije on vise ni mlad (91vo godiste), a i dalje nista ne uze. Sem njega i Zvereva mnogo je jos tih klinaca koji mogu da bljesnu. Ali godine prolaze i dalje jedno veliko nista. Naravno, tome doprinose i ova trojica sa vrhunskom igrom.

Sad gledam, pa on je samo na RG prolazio u 1/4 finale. Na ostalim GS turnirima u nekoliko navrata stizao do osmine i tu zavrsavao. Pisi propalo.

A nekako sam se pre 2-3 godine ponadao (bio mi ranije nesto gotivan) da moze da bude uskoro ravnopravan kad ovi malo posustanu. A on skoro isto igra kao tada.

U jbt, mislio sam da je mlađi, ono 23, 24 maks. 

edit: i jeste, nije me prevario osjećaj, Tim je septembar '93.

Edited by James Marshall
  • Redoran changed the title to To, mačko!
  • Redoran locked and unlocked this topic
  • Redoran pinned this topic
  • Redoran locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic