IGNORED

savremena umetnost

kim_philby

Cemu ovo?

Nakon projekcije ovog video rada, prikazan je i kratki dokumentarni film o razvoju i realizaciji tog projekta, od inicijalnog trenutka kada se Nikolić obraća narikači sa molbom za saradnju.
  • 4 weeks later...

Adam Curtis na svom blogu ima serijal clanaka pod nazivom Kabul: City number One posvecen Avganistanu i hronici njegovog odnosenja sa zapadnim svetom. Na samom pocetku serijala, ima jedan potpuno neverovatan, skoro pa fikcionalan segment koji se tice istorije cecenskog nacionalizma, radikalnog islama i performans arta, prenosim ga ovde u potpunosti:

Kabul was trying to imitate the West in other ways. Abdul Habib Aziz had recently opened the only supermarket in Afghanistan. Then in the spring of 1971 one of Italy's leading conceptual artists turned up in Kabul and decided to buy the building above Mr Aziz's supermarket and turn it into a hotel. The artist was called Alighiero e Boetti. Boetti is a fascinating and mysterious figure. He was part of the artistic avant-garde that emerged from 1960s radicalism in Italy.3.jpgBoetti was fascinated by chance and randomness. He would post letters to other artists he knew with the wrong address and then show the ones that were returned. His works often had secret codes built into them. Some of the codes have been cracked, others remain mysterious. No-one knows if the hotel was a conceptual art-work in itself or just somewhere for him and his friends to stay. But what is certain is that Boetti saw in Afghanistan a way of solving what he saw as the central crisis in the West, the overwhelming belief in the individual as an inspired creator.Boetti had started as a member of the Arte Povera group. Like many avant-garde groups at that time they wanted to challenge the 'system', and to do that they attacked the notion of self-expression and the creation of things and objects - which they believed was central to consumer capitalism. Boetti said that what he saw in Afghanistan was the opposite. It was a country empty of created things."Afghan homes, for example, are empty: no furniture therefore no objects commonly placed on furniture. There are only a few carpets and mattresses on which people lie down, drink, smoke and eat. I also like the fact that Afghans wear the same clothes at day and at night. Nothing has been added to the landscape. Rocks are moved and used to build cube houses. The resistance with which Afghans oppose our civilisation has always amazed me."Following his principles Boetti found Abib and Fatima. They were embroiderers, and he gave them maps of the world as it was then in 1971 with all its borders. It was, he said, a given diagram of power in the world. He asked the two women to create a series of embroidered maps where each country would be coloured by its own flag. After that Boetti said, I did nothing. And 500 women started making the maps overseen by Abib and Fatima.mappa.jpgJust as the Afghan student revolutionaries had strange dreams of the west which they were going to try and impose on Afghanistan, so Boetti was trying to use a strange fantasy version of Afghanistan to free himself from the conventions of the west.In early 1970s the Italian conceptual artist, Alighiero e Boetti often visited the hotel he had bought in Kabul, Number One Hotel. By 1972 it was being used not just by Boetti's friends but by more and more western travellers.All around them in Kabul revolutionary forces were emerging who wanted to overthrow the King. One of these forces was Islamism. The westerners heard odd stories about a man called The Engineer on the university campus. He was supposed to be going round throwing acid in the faces of girls who didn't cover their heads.Two hundred years before, the first modern Islamist had emerged to the north of Afghanistan, in the Caucasus. He was called Sheikh Mansur. Mansur fused ideas of nationalism and anti-colonial struggle with Islam and used them to lead a struggle against the Russian forces that were trying to occupy Chechnya and Daghestan.In 1876 a professor in Turin discovered a collection of letters written by Sheikh Mansur to the professor's father. In them Sheikh Mansur reveals that he was in reality an Italian from Turin called Giovanni Battista Boetti.He was a direct ancestor of Alighiero e Boetti.The letters tell an amazing story. Giovanni Boetti had been born near Turin. In the early 1770s he had run away from home and become a monk for the Dominican order. He then travelled as a missionary in Asia Minor and had all sorts of adventures and scandalous intrigues and love affairs. Then at some point Boetti converted to Islam and became a "Mussulman Prophet" with the power to raise and lead an army of thousands of Muslims.From other accounts of Sheikh Mansur it is clear that this power came from the fact that he had fused what were modern western ideas of nationalism and anti-imperialism with Islamic ideas. Up to that point the resistance to the growing Russian empire had been from secular leaders in Chechnya. And they had failed.Mansur-Boetti was something new and mysterious.Then the Russians noticed Boetti. In 1785 General Potemkin wrote to Catherine the Great:"On the opposite bank of the river Sunja in the village of Aldy a prophet has appeared and started to preach. He has submitted superstitious and ignorant people to his will by claiming to have had a revelation"The Russians decided to send an army of three thousand men to destroy this prophet. They marched though the mountains and the farmland where Grozny now stands and across the river into the village of Aldy. But when they arrived they found no-one there. It was as if Boetti and all his army had disappeared. "As though they were ghosts" wrote one Russian.The Russians destroyed the village completely and then set off on the return march. But Boetti had hidden his army in the forest covered mountains and he had set up an ambush. The Islamists slaughtered over half the Russian force and most of the survivors drowned trying to flee across the Sunja River. It was the start of what the Chechens today see as a 200 year war to remove the Russian occupation.Here are photos of Giovanni Battista Boetti and his descendant Alighiero e Boetti. Both were cultural warriors - the fake Sheikh struggling against the Russian attempt to destroy Chechen national identity, the later Boetti struggling against the culture of individual self expression which he believed was corroding the west. The Sheikh used armed struggle, his descendent used the possibly less effective weapon of performance art.mans_boet.jpgBut maybe its not true. Over the last 100 years scholars have argued about the authenticity of the letters.Possibly they were extraordinary fantasy? An elaborate fiction about Islam and the west written by the older Boetti. Or possibly forged and planted in the archive by someone else? Noone knows for sure.
Edited by DarkAttraktor
Adam Curtis na svom blogu ima serijal clanaka pod nazivom Kabul: City number One posvecen Avganistanu i hronici njegovog odnosenja sa zapadnim svetom. Na samom pocetku serijala, ima jedan potpuno neverovatan, skoro pa fikcionalan segment koji se tice istorije cecenskog nacionalizma, radikalnog islama i performans arta, prenosim ga ovde u potpunosti:
ceo taj cities serijal je odlican
http://www.enotes.com/topic/Sheikh_MansurSheikh al-Mansur ("The-Sustained") (1732–1794) was a Chechen leader who led the resistance against Catherine the Great's imperialist expansion into the Caucasus during the late 18th century. He remains a legendary national hero of the Chechen people.Early lifeHe was born in the aul of Aldi, near the Sunja River under the Elstanzhkoj teyp and given the name Ushurma. He became known as Sheikh Mansur.Another, more controversial version of Mansur's origins revolves around the 1876 discovery by a professor in Turin, Italy, of a collection of letters allegedly written by Mansur to the professor's father.[1] In them, Sheikh Mansur revealed that he was in reality an Italian called Giovanni Battista Boetti, born in Camino (Monferrato, Piedmont) on June 2, 1743.[2] In the early 1770s, Boetti entered the Dominican Order[3] and was sent as a missionary to Mosul, where his love affair with a daughter of the local pasha caused a scandal. The last traces of Boetti date to 1780, after which year he vanishes. The letters allege Boetti subsequently converted to Islam, traveled to the Caucasus, and (under the name of Mansur) became a leader of that region's fight for independence against Russia.[4] Controversy has surrounded the "Boetti Letters" since their discovery, with some scholars holding them to be either an 18th century prank or 19th century forgeries.[5]Chechen leaderIn 1784 Sheikh Mansur, now an Imam, became upset with the Russian encroachment in the North Caucasus. He proclaimed a holy war, called Ghazawat (Jihad), against the Russians to the north. Having been trained in Daghestan under the Naqshabandi school of Sufism, he returned to Chechnya. He ordered Chechen people to stop practicing many of their old pagan traditions with the cult of the dead, to stop smoking tobacco, to replace the customary laws (adats) with Islamic law (shari'ah) and to attempt Islamic unity. This was not easy in a land where people had lived under ancient traditions, customs and religions. Islamic tradition in Chechnya, especially in the mountains, was not as strong as it was in Daghestan. But the holy war that he declared was an attempt at unity.In 1785 Sheikh Mansur and his fighters destroyed Russian forces in the Battle of the Sunja River. Historical documents show that Russian Colonel Pieri and more than 600 Russian soldiers were killed in this battle.[6] Sheikh Mansur rallied resistance fighters from Daghestan through Kabarda. Most of the forces were Daghestani and Chechen, numbering more than 12,000 by December 1785. However, Mansur suffered a defeat when he tried to enter Russian territory and failed to take over the fort of Kizlyar. He subsequently failed to take Tatarup in [Kabarda]. After this, the Russians refortified their settlements, but Catherine the Great withdrew her forces from Georgia to the Terek River line.In 1786 Catherine the Great abandoned the new fort of Vladikavkaz, and would not occupy it again until 1803. From 1787-1791, during the Russian-Turkish War, Sheikh Mansur moved to the northwestern Caucasus region of Adygei, strengthening the Islamic traditions there. He led the Adygei and Nogai peoples in assaults against the Russians, but they were defeated many times. In June 1791, Sheikh Mansur was captured at the Turkish fortress of Anapa on the Black Sea. He was brought to St. Petersburg and imprisoned for life. In April, 1794 Sheikh Mansur died in Shlisselburg.Leo Tolstoy's Hadji Murat describes Mansur as a great and revered imam.
Edited by Yoda
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Kustosi iz MoME u poseti Muzeju savremene umetnosti VojvodineKustosi iz Muzeja moderne umetnosti u Njujorku (MoMA) posetili su danas Muzej savremene umetnosti Vojvodine u Novom Sadu, s ciljem da se upoznaju sa domaćim neoavangardnim umetničkim praksama iz šezdesetih i sedamdesetih godina prošlog veka. Kustosi su istakli važnost upoznavanja sa umetnošću tog perioda u Jugoslaviji, kao i sa tadašnjom novosadskom konceptualnom scenom.Na današnji sastanak su pozvani i novosadski umetnici koji su bili aktivni u navedenom periodu: Slavko Bogdanović, Balint Sombati, Slobodan Tišma, Cceda Drča, Ratomir Kulić, Milan Zzivanović, Predrag Vranešević, Božidar Mandić, Predrag Ssiđanin, Andrej Tišma.Poseta deset kustosa MoMA muzeja deo je šireg projekta “Perspektive savremene i moderne umetnosti u eri globalne kulture”, u okviru kojeg se, između ostalog, upoznaju sa umetničkim praksama u centralnoj i istočnoj Evropi, vezanim za navedeni period.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQeKLospZI8

+1ima baš dobrih radova. tetris mi je super. one akcije s projektorima su mi nako. mada je sama zgrada i dalje snažnija od bilo kakve umetnicke intervencije. isto bih mogao da kažem za ceo festival i kvart gde se odvija. čujem da je dosta radova moralo biti ograđeno jerbo publika nije bila naročito uviđavna. pokvarili su jednu od onih kugli one Šveđanke i uspeli su da pocepaju nekoliko knjiga Gorana Micevskog (one što su slepljene da mogu da se otvore samo na određenoj strani). jebi ga. mora par godina da prođe da se narod navikne.

Edited by McCabe