IGNORED

Peti oktobar na bliskom istoku i arapskom svetu

Gandalf

Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman made a historic confession about Wahhabism in a recent interview with The Washington Post's Karen DeYoung.

In the piece published on March 22, the crown prince said that Wahhabism, widely accused of being the sole source of global terrorism, was used as a tool against Soviets during the Cold War era, and the Saudi-funded expansion of the sect was done on the demand of the United States.

Investments in Wahhabi-linked mosques and madrassas overseas "were rooted in the Cold War, when allies asked Saudi Arabia to use its resources to prevent inroads in Muslim countries by the Soviet Union," he said.

According to Salman, later Saudi governments "lost track of the effort," and now "we have to get it all back."

https://www.dailysabah.com/mideast/2018/03/28/cold-war-era-wahhabism-used-as-tool-against-soviets-on-us-demand-saudi-crown-prince-salman-confesses

:fantom: 

On 29. 03. 2018. at 7:02 PM, dillinger said:

Problem s tezom koju podmećeš jest da se temelji na riječima patološke lažovčine, među drugim patologijama tog zločinca. Usrala se dinastija nakon zauzimanja al-Masjid al-Haram, pa su počeli izvoziti svoj problem, to je pravi razlog.

Za ilustraciju lažovčine, tu je prodavala neku drugu priču.

After the Iranian revolution in 1979, people wanted to copy this model in different countries, one of them is Saudi Arabia. We didn’t know how to deal with it. And the problem spread all over the world. Now is the time to get rid of it.”

Sutra će treću.

Nego, da mi krenemo na jedan tekst pun smjehotresnih citata o tvojem ''izvoru'', ali sadržava i zanimljiv navod o formiranju američke politike u eri The Kretena, s nijesvetoisto usporedbom s Obamom.

few days after Donald Trump was inaugurated, Jared Kushner sat down to decide how to reshape the Middle East. During the campaign, Trump had promised a sweeping transformation of the region. Steve Bannon, Trump’s senior aide and ideologist at the time, told me recently, “Our plan was to annihilate the physical caliphate of ISIS in Iraq and Syria—not attrition, annihilation—and to roll back the Persians. And force the Gulf states to stop funding radical Islam.” The Middle East initiative, Bannon said, was one of the few points of agreement in an otherwise fractious White House. “Jared and I were at war on a number of other topics, but not this.”

Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, was put in charge of policy for the region. He had no experience in diplomacy or in Middle Eastern politics; at thirty-six, he had spent his working life managing New York and New Jersey real-estate projects and running the New York Observer, a fading tabloid. But a former senior defense official who worked with Kushner told me that he had been educating himself on the fly. “He’s not a scholar on this stuff,” the official said. “His knowledge is gained from talking to movers and shakers in that part of the world. You can read a lot of books but never get the type of education you get from talking to the Kissingers and Petraeuses of the world.

In a conference room at the White House, Kushner met with aides from the National Security Council. “We took out the map and assessed the situation,” the former defense official said. Surveying the region, they concluded that the northern tier of the Middle East had been lost to Iran. In Lebanon, Hezbollah, an Iranian proxy, controlled the government. In Syria, Iran had helped save President Bashar al-Assad from military disaster and was now bolstering his political future. In Iraq, the government, nominally pro-American, was also under the sway of Tehran. “We kind of set those to the side,” the official told me. “We thought, So then what? Our anchors were Israel and Saudi Arabia. We can’t be successful in the Gulf without Saudi Arabia.”

That meant reversing the approach supported by Barack Obama, who, unlike previous Presidents, had kept the Saudis at arm’s length, objecting to their repressive internal policies, their treatment of women, and their aggressive posture toward Iran. Obama, in effect, hoped to create a kind of balance between Riyadh and Tehran. In March, 2016, he told the journalist Jeffrey Goldberg that the unsteady condition of the Middle East “requires us to say to our friends as well as to the Iranians that they need to find an effective way to share the neighborhood and institute some sort of cold peace.” Trump and Kushner wanted no such détente. “Everything we could do to strengthen our relationship with the Saudis, we were going to do,” the former defense official told me. Above all, that meant forming a new alliance with Saudi Arabia’s deputy crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman—known in the White House and throughout the Middle East as M.B.S.

Bin Salman, though only thirty-one¸ was already one of the most powerful people in the kingdom. The son of the current monarch, he was the minister of defense, chairman of the committee that charted the kingdom’s economy, and second in line to the throne. In a country long ruled by aging kings, M.B.S. was young, tall, and transparently ambitious. He wanted to wean the kingdom from its unsustainable addiction to oil and to diversify its economy. And he promised to end the long-standing arrangement of Saudi domestic politics, in which the royal family, and its myriad princes, bought off political opposition by allowing radical Islamists to propagate their creed and even to carry out terrorist acts abroad. M.B.S. was uncompromising in foreign policy, describing the mullahs who presided over Iran as akin to Nazis. The question for many analysts around the world was whether he represented genuine reform or was merely using the language of reform to consolidate power.

As Kushner grappled with the complexities of Middle East politics, he and M.B.S. began a conversation by telephone and e-mail. “They became close very fast,” a former American official who sees M.B.S. periodically said. “They see the world in the same way—they see themselves as being in the tech-savvy money world.” Kushner followed up with a visit to Riyadh, the first of three such trips; the two men stayed up nearly until dawn, discussing the future of their countries.

:fantom:

Edited by Roger Sanchez

Evo da okacim ovaj info o belim zecevima pre nego sto se ekipa sa topica o Palestini zaleti ovamo

Spoiler

Edited by Eraserhead
  • 4 weeks later...
Egipat pod Sisijem napreduje koracima od sedam milja.

Opis klipa:

Mohammad Hashem, an atheist, was invited to the Alhadath Alyoum TV studio to participate in a debate with former Deputy Sheikh of Al-Azhar Mahmoud Ashour. However, his statement that there is no scientific evidence for the existence of God and his attempt to talk about the Big Bang theory met with a barrage of insults from Sheikh Ashour and from TV host Mahmoud Abd Al-Halim, with Sheikh Ashour recommending psychiatric treatment and Abd Al-Halim refusing to allow him to remain on the show. The TV host, apologizing to his viewers for subjecting them to "inappropriate" and "destructive ideas," advised Hashem "to leave the studio and go straight to a psychiatric hospital." The show aired on February 11.

Klip za one koji ne vide tvitove:

Inače, u pitanju je jedan vrlo kvalitetanTM TV kanal.

An Egyptian television personality who claims to be an energy expert said she "changed the path" of Hurricane Irma, which hit the Caribbean and Florida earlier this month.

Lobna Ahmed made the bizarre statement on a September 15 episode of Karma, a weekly program she hosts on Egyptian private channel al-Hadath al-Youm. 

"An Arab friend of mine who lives in Florida, asked us for help as Hurricane Irma approached their state. She and her children were terrified because they'd heard it was going to hit very close to where they were located," Ahmed said. 

"But thank God, me and Mr. Ahmad Shaaban were able to change the hurricane's path and lower its energy levels. We also tried to direct it towards an uninhabited area in the coast of Mexico," she added.

https://stepfeed.com/people-mock-egyptian-tv-presenter-for-saying-she-changed-course-of-hurricane-irma-9915

Edited by vememah

Da je ovo rekao u Saudijskoj Arabiji ili Kataru bio bi kamenovan. Sumnjam da bi se dobro proveo i u Morsijevom Egiptu.

1 hour ago, slow said:

Da je ovo rekao u Saudijskoj Arabiji ili Kataru bio bi kamenovan. Sumnjam da bi se dobro proveo i u Morsijevom Egiptu.

Sumnjam da bi se Morsi dobro proveo u Sisijevom Egiptu.

Ova linija odbrane surovog rezima je kao kada pravoslavni dzihadisti brane Asada od muslimanskih dzihadista.

Budjo, što si ljut, ne branim SisOjev režim, samo kažem šta bi se dečku desilo kod tvog  Morsija...

Nisu moderna islamska društva spremna (voljna?) za tako radikalne ateističko-religiozne rasprave Dokins-Hičens tipa,  tako nešto će biti stvar daleke budućnosti, ako to ikad bude moguće. Ja sam više nego skeptičan.

Edited by slow
6 hours ago, vememah said:
Egipat pod Sisijem napreduje koracima od sedam milja.

Opis klipa:

Klip za one koji ne vide tvitove:

Hide contents

So fucking what? Otišao čovek na razgovor na jednoj od lokalnih smećarskih TV stanica, i ovi ga oterali iz studija. Ako su ga panduri priveli nakon ovoga, pa i da bude vest. Ovako kako je predstavljeno, go qrac.

Edited by Gandalf
5 minutes ago, Gandalf said:

So fucking what? Otišao čovek na razgovor na jednoj od lokalnih smećarskih TV stanica, i ovi ga oterali iz studija. Ako su ga panduri priveli nakon ovoga, pa i da bude vest. Ovako kako je predstavljeno, go qrac.

Anduril definitivno postaje #2.

Cestitam.

Reklo bi se da je ovaj ateista nekakav levat, koga je smetlarska TV dovela kako bi pokazali nastranost ateizma. TV stanici dobro jer privlači publiku, dok je ateista možda zaradio neku kintu od toga. Koliko sam imao prilike da vidim, standardna stvar sa tamošnjim smetlarskim TVjima.

Ako tom momku panduri ne prikucaju na vrata... Može da mu se desi što bi mu se desilo i za Morsijeva vakta - tužiće ga neko sudu za uvredu religije i nanetu duševnu bol.

Edited by Gandalf
  • 4 weeks later...

Saudijska Arabija je upozorila Katar da će ih napasti ukoliko ovi kupe sistem S400 od rusa. Tražili su pomoć francuske da nagovori Katar da odustane od kupovine (izvor Le Monde).

12 hours ago, borris_ said:

Saudijska Arabija je upozorila Katar da će ih napasti ukoliko ovi kupe sistem S400 od rusa. Tražili su pomoć francuske da nagovori Katar da odustane od kupovine (izvor Le Monde).

U oktobru su Saudijci rekli da oni hoće  da kupe S-400... 

• James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic