IGNORED

Amerika, zemlja velika

Кристофер Лумумбо

I ne samo to, nego je NY trenutno sa Covid19 u situaciji kao Zapadno Evropske zemlje; dok se republikanski jug prakticno raspada na nivou jednog Bangladesa.

45 minutes ago, NevenMan said:

I ne samo to, nego je NY trenutno sa Covid19 u situaciji kao Zapadno Evropske zemlje; dok se republikanski jug prakticno raspada na nivou jednog Bangladesa.

Ponovi sa razumevanjem: 1669 mrtivh na milion stanovnika, najveca smrtnost u svetu (kada se uzmu u obzir registrovane smrti od COVIDa, sa onim neregistrovanim, mislim da smo mi, zahvaljujuci Gvajakilu, prvi).

Zbog tavke smrtnosti i ogromne zarazenosti, Njujork je danas bolje, a Kalifornija ima jos uvek problema iako je bolje reagovala.

Kada imas raspad, onda je kasnije lako pricati o pobedi.

Slicno kao sto gradonacelnica Gvajakila placa okolo, izmedju ostalog, i WSJ pricacujuci kako je ona svojerucno preokrenula stvar. Sio mi ga Djura. Umrlo izmedju 12.000 ui 18.000 ljudi, nema vise ko da umre, 50% ljudi zarazeno, nisi ti nista sestro preokrenula. Slicno je i Njujork.

Edited by Budja
35 minutes ago, Budja said:

Ponovi sa razumevanjem: 1669 mrtivh na milion stanovnika, najveca smrtnost u svetu (kada se uzmu u obzir registrovane smrti od COVIDa, sa onim neregistrovanim, mislim da smo mi, zahvaljujuci Gvajakilu, prvi).

Zbog tavke smrtnosti i ogromne zarazenosti, Njujork je danas bolje, a Kalifornija ima jos uvek problema iako je bolje reagovala.

Slicno kao sto gradonacelnica Gvajakila placa okolo, izmedju ostalog, i WSJ pricacujuci kako je ona svojerucno preokrenula stvar. Sio mi ga Djura. Umrlo izmedju 12.000 ui 18.000 ljudi, nema vise ko da umre, 50% ljudi zarazeno, nisi ti nista sestro preokrenula. Slicno je i Njujork.

Dude, hoces zaista da poredis grad u Ekvadoru sa kombijem

turista dnevno sa Njujorkom? 

Kao prvo Cuomo nije trebao da se hvali kada je ovo sve počelo. Izjavio da NYC ima najbolji  sistem zdravlja na planeti i da su spremni za virus. 

NYC možeš da usporedi sa Parizom, Londonom (da ne pričamo o Azijskim gradovima) i imaju daleko više umrlih (a imali su barem sedam dana prednosti sa Parizom). 

gle ti nase madam, cuvali je bivsi SAS-ovci ali ipak dolijala. sad kad bi samo mogli da je pripuste malo na cisti zrak pa da lepo zbrise u Francusku i bog da je vidi, odande nema izrucenja.

Ghislaine Maxwell is denied bail as judge says risks of fleeing 'are simply too great'

By Erica Orden, CNN

Updated 5:50 PM ET, Tue July 14, 2020

New York (CNN)A federal judge Tuesday ordered Ghislaine Maxwell jailed pending trial, saying the significant financial resources, international ties and "extraordinary capacity to avoid detection" of the one-time girlfriend and alleged accomplice of accused sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein made her a flight risk.

At a court proceeding, Maxwell, 58, pleaded not guilty to charges by New York federal prosecutors that she helped recruit, groom and ultimately sexually abuse minors as young as 14.
The British socialite, whom prosecutors have described as having been "in hiding" since Epstein's arrest last summer, participated in the hearing by videoconference from a federal jail in Brooklyn, providing the public its first glimpse of her in more than a year.
Dressed in a brown crew neck prison shirt, her dark hair pulled into a bun, Maxwell fidgeted in her seat as US District Judge Alison Nathan rejected arguments by Maxwell's defense counsel that she should be granted bail. At one point, Maxwell sighed, but betrayed no emotion.

Ghislaine Maxwell, top left, appeared in a video link from a federal jail in Brooklyn.

Ghislaine Maxwell, top left, appeared in a video link from a federal jail in Brooklyn.
Regarding possible bail conditions, the judge said: "The court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that no combination could reasonably assure her presence in court. The risks are simply too great."
Prosecutors had urged the judge to order detention for Maxwell, saying her wealth -- with numerous bank accounts containing as much as $20 million, according to court filings; multiple foreign citizenships, including in France, which doesn't extradite its citizens; and skill at hiding made her an "extreme" risk of flight.
In court Tuesday, prosecutor Alison Moe laid out "serious red flags" and detailed what she described as additional evidence of Maxwell's deception, saying Maxwell told a real estate agent involved in the sale of her New Hampshire estate -- where Maxwell was living when she was arrested July 2 -- that she was a journalist named Janet Marshall.
Only upon seeing Maxwell's photo in news reports following her arrest did the agent realize he had been duped, Moe told the court.
"These facts make clear to the court that the defendant has the ability to remain in hiding," Moe told the judge. "She's good at it," she said, adding that Maxwell has the "ability and willingness to live off the grid indefinitely."
Moe also read a statement from an anonymous "Jane Doe" who alleged abuse by Maxwell and said "without Ghislaine, Jeffrey could not have done what he did."
"If she believes she risks prison, she will never come back," the statement said. "If she is out, I need protection."
Annie Farmer, another woman who has said she was a victim of Epstein and Maxwell, spoke during the hearing. Calling Maxwell a "sexual predator," Farmer said: The "danger Maxwell poses must be taken seriously."
Maxwell's attorneys asked the court to consider a bail package that would include home confinement, GPS tracking and a $5 million bond secured, in part, with a property in the United Kingdom, and on Tuesday her lawyer Mark Cohen told the judge that prosecutors had sought to portray her as "a ruthless, aimless, sinister person."
"She's not the monster that's been portrayed by the media and government," Cohen said.
He argued that preparing for trial with Maxwell in jail, particularly given the current restrictions due to the coronavirus pandemic, would be "just not realistic," adding that she has been held in the "equivalent of solitary confinement" and wasn't allowed to shower for 72 hours upon being transferred to the Brooklyn detention facility.
He dismissed concerns about her foreign citizenship, saying the United Kingdom and France are "not exactly exotic places." He explained that Maxwell's attempt to run into another room in her New Hampshire home when federal agents broke through her door wasn't an effort to escape them, as prosecutors alleged, but rather an attempt to follow the protocol set out by her private security.
And in response to prosecutors' claims that Maxwell hadn't provided a full accounting of her finances, Cohen said she had been unable to do so while jailed without access to certain information.
Prosecutors, however, urged the judge to reject those arguments, in particular focusing on what they described as her "opaque" finances. "At a basic level, the defense argument is that she cannot remember off the top of her head just how many millions of dollars she has," Moe told the judge. "That should cause the court serious concern."
Though the judge agreed with Maxwell's lawyers that her decision not flee the country while under criminal investigation for at least a year should be given "significant consideration," she ultimately rejected the proposed bail package.
The judge said she found it "practically impossible" to set financial conditions that could assure Maxwell's appearance in court, adding that "her recent conduct underscores her extraordinary capacity to avoid detection."
The judge scheduled Maxwell's trial to begin on July 12, 2021. Prosecutors said they expect the trial to take about three weeks.
Correction: A previous version of this story gave the wrong date for Maxwell's arrest. She was arrested July 2.

CNN's Kara Scannell contributed to this report.

Edited by 3opge
8 hours ago, NevenMan said:

Dude, hoces zaista da poredis grad u Ekvadoru sa kombijem

turista dnevno sa Njujorkom? 

Budja ne poredi Ekvador sa NYC u smislu brojeva, vec uporedjuje spinove i demagogiju koji su u osnovi isti. 

Cuomo jednostavno nema pravo da popuje i drzi lekcije kad mu je drzava najgora po svim mogucim parametrima. I to ubjedljivo. Sve da je i imao dobre namjere i da je svaka njegova akcija imala 0% politike i samopromocije, za kranji rezultat mora preuzeti odgovornost, sto u najmanju ruku podrazumijeva da ne ide okolo i da kenja drugim guvenerima kako su glupaci (iako to mnogi jesu). Politicari treba da se mjere po rezultatima a ne namjerama. 

A kad smo kod demagogije: tip na KZS igra simultanku sa Trumpom i DeBlasiom, jer hoce da ispadne najpametniji i glavni baja, kad je politicki oportuno pljuje po Trumpu i juznjacima kad uvode ogranicenja putovanje (iz Kine i NY), pa ih onda poslije i sam uvodi, pravi paniku oko respiratora, ali tera penzionere nazad u domove, itd. 

12 hours ago, NevenMan said:

A Florida je imala sta? Da li si svetsan da u doba kad je bila kriza u NY ni testovi nisu postojali, nisi mogao da kupis masku...

Ja o FL ne pricam. Vec sam na tu temu dosta rekao.

A ko je odgovoran sto drzava sa najvecim buzdetom u federaciji nema dovoljno maski u strateskim rezervama?  Koje je odgovoran za pogresnu procjenu glede starackih domova i kakve to veze ima sa testiranjem. Zapravo ima - ako imas realnu pretpostavku (zapravo vec u Januaru se znalo za 80-15-5 segmentaciju, ali da mu dam benefit of the doubt)  da su starci najugrozenija grupa, i nemas dovoljno testova, valjda treba da zuzmes konzervativan stav i da preduzmes odgovarajuce mjere sve dok se te pretpostavke ne potvde ili odbace? 

BTW, kad se prica da su oni bili prvi na udaru: prvi slucajevi su zabiljezeni u WA, CA, IL (pvi zablijezen slucaj community spreading u US)  i FL i to mjesec i nesto prije NYC. Toliko o reakciji i spremnosti.

7 hours ago, borris_ said:

Kao prvo Cuomo nije trebao da se hvali kada je ovo sve počelo. Izjavio da NYC ima najbolji  sistem zdravlja na planeti i da su spremni za virus. 

52 minutes ago, Peter Fan said:

Cuomo jednostavno nema pravo da popuje i drzi lekcije kad mu je drzava najgora po svim mogucim parametrima.

U redu, nije trebalo da se hvali i nema pravo da popuje. Je l imate neke konkretne protiv-epidemiološke mere koje smatrate da je trebalo da preduzme pošto mu zamerate da je katastrofalno hendlovao situaciju? Hvaljenje i popovanje to nisu. :)

...Cuomo should be one of the most loathed officials in America right now. ProPublica recently released a report outlining catastrophic missteps by Cuomo and the New York City mayor, Bill de Blasio, which probably resulted in many thousands of needless coronavirus cases. ProPublica offers some appalling numbers contrasting what happened in New York with the outbreak in California. By mid-May, New York City alone had almost 20,000 deaths, while in San Francisco there had been only 35, and New York state as a whole suffered 10 times as many deaths as California.

Federal failures played a role, of course, but this tragedy was absolutely due, in part, to decisions by the governor. Cuomo initially “reacted to De Blasio’s idea for closing down New York City with derision”, saying it “was dangerous” and “served only to scare people”. He said the “seasonal flu was a graver worry”. A spokesperson for Cuomo “refused to say if the governor had ever read the state’s pandemic plan”. Later, Cuomo would blame the press, including the New York Times for failing to say “Be careful, there’s a virus in China that may be in the United States?” even though the Times wrote nearly 500 stories on the virus before the state acted. Experts told ProPublica that “had New York imposed its extreme social distancing measures a week or two earlier, the death toll might have been cut by half or more”.

But delay was not the only screw-up. Elderly prisoners have died of coronavirus because New York has failed to act on their medical parole requests. As Business Insider documented:

“Testing was slow. Nonprofit social-service agencies that serve the most vulnerable couldn’t get answers either. And medical experts like the former CDC director Tom Frieden said ‘so many deaths could have been prevented’ had New York issued its stay-at-home order just ‘days earlier’ than it did. On March 19, when New York’s schools had already been closed, Cuomo said ‘in many ways, the fear is more dangerous than the virus.’”

The governor has failed to take responsibility for the obvious failures, consistently blaming others and at one point even saying “governors don’t do pandemics”. (Actually, some governors just don’t read their state’s pandemic plans.) But much of the press has ignored this, focusing instead on Cuomo’s aesthetic presentation: his poise during press conferences, his dramatic statements about “taking responsibility” (even when he obviously hasn’t), and his invisible good looks.

The mask mural is yet another publicity stunt mistaken by the press as a sign of leadership. On 29 April, Cuomo unveiled a wall of handmade cloth masks that had been sent to his office by concerned citizens all over America. He called it “a self-portrait of America. You know what that spells? It spells love.” Since the arrangement of masks doesn’t form words, the mural doesn’t actually spell anything, but it is a perfect symbol of Cuomo’s leadership failures. Handmade cloth face coverings are not as effective as N95 masks, of course, but if unsuitable for healthcare workers they would still have been perfectly appropriate to distribute to New Yorkers (some of whom have been brutally arrested for not wearing masks). But Cuomo, rather than putting the needs of New Yorkers first, chose to tack hundreds of cloth masks on a wall as a monument to himself.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/20/andrew-cuomo-new-york-coronavirus-catastrophe

Spomenuti izveštaj sajta ProPublica:
https://www.propublica.org/article/two-coasts-one-virus-how-new-york-suffered-nearly-10-times-the-number-of-deaths-as-california

Edited by vememah
10 hours ago, Budja said:

Da, smrtnost i zaraženost je bila prilično katastrofa u Njujorku, sve vreme sedim i slušam kako je u Italiji armagedon i pitam se, ako je u Italiji armagedon, šta je onda u Njuci? Užas.

Ali, čekaj, kako si izveo ovaj zaključak, podebljano? Da je samo zbog tih stvari, onda bi to značilo da imamo imunitet krda, ne? Ja bih pre rekla da je u NJujorku danas bolje zbog rigoroznih mera koje su na snazi od sredine marta. Skoro svi (bukvalno, svi osim ludaka) nose maske napolju, sve je živo bilo zatvoreno do pre par nedelja: sve kancelarije, škole, vrtići, dečja igrališta u parkovima su bila zatvorena, parkovi za pse, policija je stajala na ulazu u neke parkove i brojala koliko ljudi je ušlo. Tamo gde nisi mogao inače da predješ ulicu od saobraćajne gužve mogao si u maju da igraš balet na sred raskrsnice. Moja porodica nije izašla napolje dva meseca na početku i nismo jedini. Grad i dalje izgleda sablasno. I sad nek mi neko kaže, prvo, ovo što ti kažeš, da je zbog ogromne zaraženosti bolje, i drugo, da je Kuomo katastrofalno hendlovao.

3 minutes ago, vememah said:

Sve te primedbe su mi poznate. Posle bitke su svi generali. Svi na ovom celom svetu su mogli ranije da reaguju, ne? Osim možda Tajvana. Zamislite da su sve države reagovale nedelju dana ranije, koliko bi se života spaslo? Dakle, to sve što se ovde spošitava Kuomu može svakom da se spočita. Mene zanima šta on to nije dobro uradio u aprilu, maju, junu i julu? Za razliku od gomile drugih guvernera i predsednika koji su napravili sranja baš u ovom periodu. 

Hello, grad Njujork je po zvaničnim brojkama najgori region u svetu, šta još ima tu da se kaže?

Edited by vememah
7 minutes ago, vememah said:

Hello, grad Njujork je po zvaničnim brojkama najgori region u svetu, šta još ima tu da se kaže?

Trenutno najgori nije. 

Drugo, od najgorih brojki na svetu, došli smo dotle da imamo neke od najboljih brojki na svetu. Kako je to katastrofalno hendlovanje situacije, objasni mi?

Edited by trustno1
29 minutes ago, trustno1 said:

U redu, nije trebalo da se hvali i nema pravo da popuje. Je l imate neke konkretne protiv-epidemiološke mere koje smatrate da je trebalo da preduzme pošto mu zamerate da je katastrofalno hendlovao situaciju? Hvaljenje i popovanje to nisu. :)

Ocigledno nisu bili spremni za virus i nesto je duboko omanulo.

Kao sto napisah, Pariz i London se mogu porediti sa NYC po gustini naseljenosti po broju turista a i po bogatim vs siromasnim kvartovima.

Ipak i Pariz (Pariska regija, ukupno  7 506 umrlih) i London nisu toliko pukli kao sto je pukao NYC. U cemu je problem, ne znam (najvjerovatnije ce studije pokazati narednih godina), ali on je zadnji koji treba da se hvali.

Edited by borris_
1 hour ago, Peter Fan said:

Budja ne poredi Ekvador sa NYC u smislu brojeva, vec uporedjuje spinove i demagogiju koji su u osnovi isti. 

Cuomo jednostavno nema pravo da popuje i drzi lekcije kad mu je drzava najgora po svim mogucim parametrima. I to ubjedljivo. Sve da je i imao dobre namjere i da je svaka njegova akcija imala 0% politike i samopromocije, za kranji rezultat mora preuzeti odgovornost, sto u najmanju ruku podrazumijeva da ne ide okolo i da kenja drugim guvenerima kako su glupaci (iako to mnogi jesu). Politicari treba da se mjere po rezultatima a ne namjerama. 

A kad smo kod demagogije: tip na KZS igra simultanku sa Trumpom i DeBlasiom, jer hoce da ispadne najpametniji i glavni baja, kad je politicki oportuno pljuje po Trumpu i juznjacima kad uvode ogranicenja putovanje (iz Kine i NY), pa ih onda poslije i sam uvodi, pravi paniku oko respiratora, ali tera penzionere nazad u domove, itd. 

ny nije ni po cemu najgori. Stavise cak i u najgore doba krize u Aprilu nisu imali katastrofalne brojeve kakve ima Florida sada. 

pljuvanjenpo ogranicavanju putovanja je bilo jer se kao blokors Kina a ne EU gde je zaraza u tom trenutku bila jos gora. Jednostavno rqsizam ocog fasistickog rezima izbija iz svake njihove odluke.

• James Marshall locked this topic
  • Redoran unlocked this topic
  • Tpojka locked and unlocked this topic
  • Tpojka featured and unfeatured this topic