IGNORED

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

Calavera

A evo i El Guapa da me dodatno nalozi.

Once Pilgrim starts it never slows down. A love story trapped inside of a video game, it's the biggest piece of nerd cinema ever created. Yet for people who aren't into games or comics, it still manages to make them laugh while impressing them with things they've never seen before. This was a movie that while watching it, made me happy to be alive during this period of cinema. That might be the gayest thing I've ever written but it's true. You can't help but be impressed by what you're seeing and hearing on screen. Scott Pilgrim is a wonderful reminder that movies can go places we never imagined they could go. And I'll happily insert my coin into a machine that does that everytime.
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calavera

• kim_philby

• fancy claps

• kurdi

Eto, ko bi rekao da su ljudi poceli da razvijaju animozitet prema Ceri? Onako divnom mladom coveku? :(A u poslednjem pasusu tog clanka:

There's still time to turn the tide, of course. "Pilgrim" reportedly has an A- Cinemascore (higher than "Eat" or "Expendables") and little competition for the next month or so as the summer wind down. But, if failing at the multiplex puts "Pilgrim" alongside other notable surprise underperformers such as "Office Space," "Fight Club" and "Children of Men," is that such a bad place to be?
^_^
box office explained
All this spelled bad news for Michael Cera and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: Asked to choose between an ironic, sunken-chested, would-be ass-kicker and actual ass-kickers, young men chose the latter: Fully 40 percent of its audience was under 25 years old, according to exit surveys.

Istina je, moja je generacija prilicno bedasta. Nerado to priznajem, ali tako je. Uzgred bih se slozio sa ovim dzentlmenom iz komentara:

I don't know where people are coming from with these complaints that the Scott Pilgrim trailers looked bad. Perhaps I'm just too deeply entrenched in its target demographic (twenty-something, art nerd/cinephile, grew up reading comics and playing video games), but everything I saw leading up to the movie's release looked amazing. The only thing I can fault is the bland subway posters with the substandard tagline "an epic of epic epicness."Having actually seen the film, unlike the detractors here, I have to say audiences don't know what they're missing. Edgar Wright has just about reinvented the wheel with visual storytelling, and everything from the pacing to the music to the dialogue and performances is dead-on fun. There has not been a film this striking, clever and uniquely conceived in quite sometime, and it still manages to be fun as hell. (Imagine that - a fun, enjoyable movie that doesn't insult your intelligence!)I'd also say with assurance that Michael Cera is not playing the same role (which is a petty complaint anyway -- his "same role" is a thoughtful but socially awkward everyman nerd, something I'd assume internet comment-dwellers could empathize with). Here his character has a backbone and little problem in social situations, while the trade off is he's kind of a bonehead and a slacker. That's a 180 from the George Michael Bluths and Paulie Bleeckers, even with Cera's distinct acting style.But all in all, the moviegoing public again proves itself to be shortsighted and unadventurous. Because so many are unable to look past their preconceived notions, they miss out on one of the year's most revolutionary and enjoyable pieces of film this side of Inception. Instead, we favor the same old pandering pap and congratulate ourselves for it.
K'o da sam ja pis'o! Edited by Calavera