IGNORED

Formula 1

burekdzija

The Alfa Romeo name will return to F1 with Sauber in 2018 after the two parties agreed a wide-ranging technical partnership.

The Swiss team will officially be known as Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team with the Italian car brand to be their new title sponsor.

Sauber are powered by Ferrari engines and Sergio Marchionne, the president of the Maranello marque and the Fiat-Chrysler empire, had been keen to see the Alfa Romeo brand return to F1 for the first time since 1985.

The partnership is being billed as 'strategic, commercial and technological cooperation between Alfa Romeo and the Sauber F1 Team'.

Sauber are still to confirm their driver line-up for 2018, but Ferrari-backed Charles Leclerc and Marcus Ericsson are the most likely pairing. Both are running in this week's post-season Abu Dhabi test.

"This agreement with the Sauber F1 Team is a significant step in the reshaping of the Alfa Romeo brand, which will return to Formula 1 after an absence of more than 30 years," said Marchionne in a statement.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ducca

• Jimmy Kowalski

• renne

• Sludge Factory

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nejasno je koji su to motori, iz 2017 ili 18? Sam naziv je najmanje bitan. Uopste, sta ce biti drugacije u odnosu na ovu godinu? Da li ce dobiti i logisticku podrsku za razvoj bolida i sinergiju sa agregatom ili...

On 29/11/2017 at 1:53 PM, ducca said:

Nejasno je koji su to motori, iz 2017 ili 18? Sam naziv je najmanje bitan. Uopste, sta ce biti drugacije u odnosu na ovu godinu? Da li ce dobiti i logisticku podrsku za razvoj bolida i sinergiju sa agregatom ili...

To je skroz nebitno, ovo je samo marketinski nastup Alfe, ne bi li nekako pospesila sostvenu prodaju, koja je daleko od planirane.

2 hours ago, maharaja said:

Valjda ne smeta što se opet kvotuju ove slike, nego danas bi trebalo da krenu u prodaju karte za Toronto - Indy 2018, pa sam se setio da si hvalio doživljaj. Samo još jednom da potvrdim, jer baš nikad nisam bio na Indy, vredi li? :blush:

U odnosu na F1 karte su baš jeftine.

Vredi, kako da ne vredi. Problem je to sto svake godine zbog novogradnje u okolini staza postaje sve skucenija i pristup sve ograniceniji (ne voljom organizatora, vec prosto se nekim delovima staze vise fizicki nije moguce prici).

Obavezno uzmi padok pas (to ti je nekih dodatnih 60-tak CAD za ceo vikend). Sto se tice tribina to nije pod moranje sasvim lepo se moze i bez njih ispratiti vikend (sve dok nadjes mesto s kojeg se vidi neki od jumbotron TV-a sve je OK) mada jeste komotnije sa tribine. No kad uzmem tribinu onda se osecam obavezan da sedim i gledam umesto da se muvam okolo i spopadam vozace i mehanicare po padoku i kojegde! :lolol:

Karata ce inace biti i na sam vikend, ne moras sada uzimati, mada su u pretplati jeftinije pa se isplati.

Sirotkin now favourite for 2018 Williams drive

By: Lawrence Barretto, Journalist
28 minutes ago

Sergey Sirotkin has emerged as the favourite to drive for Williams in 2018, with Robert Kubica no longer in the frame, Motorsport.com has learned.

Williams has spent the last week evaluating data gathered during the Abu Dhabi Pirelli test, where it ran Sirotkin and Kubica.

Kubica had been favourite to make a sensational return to F1, with Williams impressed by his feedback and the way he fitted into the team and built up strong relationships.

However, it has emerged that based on pure performance, data suggests Sirotkin is the stronger candidate.

Williams has insisted throughout the process that its decision on the driver to partner Lance Stroll next season will be based on performance.

Talks with the 22-year-old Russian, who has performed reserve duties for Renault this year, are now at an advanced stage.

However, it is believed there are several details yet to be ironed out before the final contract is signed.

It is believed Sirotkin brings substantial backing with him, understood to be in the region of £15 million, from Russia’s SMP Racing, which was founded by Boris Rotenberg, who controls SMP Bank.

Should the deal fall through, former Toro Rosso and Red Bull driver Daniil Kvyat is believed to be the back-up option.

However, it is believed Kubica is no longer in contention for the race seat, ending his hopes of returning to the grid for the first time since 2010.

Pure performance my ass..

Sirotkin donosi 15 milki, duplo vise od Kubice. $troll i $irotkin, kakav tandem..

Steta, mogla je to da bude senzacionalna prica o povratku, Robert je pokazao da je definitivno dovoljno spreman. Naci se siguran sam neki drugi angazman, jos u u njemu ima strasti za trkanjem..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • radisa unpinned this topic