IGNORED

Astronomija - opšta tema

Jolly Roger

Falcon Heavy launch za desetak minuta...

Following booster separation, Falcon Heavy’s two side boosters will attempt to land at SpaceX’s Landing Zones 1 and 2 (LZ-1 and LZ-2) at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida. Falcon Heavy’s center core will attempt to land on the “Of Course I Still Love You” droneship, which will be stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.

Edited by Skyhighatrist
4 hours ago, gone fishing said:
6lkf2ov0tmr21.jpg

Ovo jeste bitna vest, ali su u pitanju dve različite slike. Blurry zoom je dobijen iz EHT podataka prikupljenih iz posmatranja radio teleskopima. Zoom out big field of view je iz X zraka, ovo je slika iz posmatranja Chandra svemirskog teleskopa, koji pripada NASA-i. EHT je dobio posmatračko vreme od Chandra tako da su jedni posmatrali big field of view, a EHT horizont događaja, tako da slika crne rupe nije iz ove tzv zoom out slike. Ovo je klasičan primer tzv. multiwavelenght kampanje, gde teleskopi koji prikupljaju podatke različitih talasnih dužina (optičkog, X-ray, gamma-ray, radio,) udruže snage i posmatraju jedan objekat, što povećava verovatnoću oktrića. Slične su i multimessenger kampanje gde se pored fotona prikupljaju podaci o kosmičkim zracima, neutrinima i gravitacionim talasima. Evo izveštaja od Chandre click

On 11.4.2019. at 13:49, gone fishing said:

- za ovu cgi mrlju koju su nam prezentovali im je trebao skladištni prostor od 5 miliona GB :ohmy:

11 GB po svetlosnoj godini :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NASA-in marsovski rover Opportunity završio svoju misiju posle 15 godina.

NASA’s Opportunity rover, the third robotic wanderer to land on Mars, changed our understanding of the Martian landscape, geology, atmosphere and history. On Wednesday, NASA announced its mission complete and with it, the rover’s life officially over. The plucky robot roamed the Martian surface for approximately 5,515 Earth days, just over 15 years.

During a press conference, NASA said that Opportunity hadn’t responded to a last-ditch effort Tuesday to establish contact. A planet-encircling dust storm cut off communications with Opportunity on June 10, 2018, preventing its solar panels from storing power. Since then, over 830 rescue commands had been beamed to the rover. 

On Tuesday night, despite the transmission of commands and Billie Holiday’s I’ll Be Seeing You to Mars via the Deep Space Network, the rover couldn’t be roused.

‘I learned this morning that we had not heard back,’ Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator of NASA’s Science Mission Directorate, said during a press conference.

‘It is therefore that I am standing here with a sense of deep appreciation and gratitude [and] I declare the Opportunity mission as complete,’ he concluded.

Link na vest

• Redoran changed the title to Astronomija - opšta tema
  • Redoran pinned this topic