IGNORED

MotoGP

mjone

Moto GP: Valentino Rossi penalised for kicking Marc Marquez

MotoGP championship leader Valentino Rossi will start the final race of the season from the back of the grid after kicking Marc Marquez off his bike during the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Rossi finished third but was given three penalty points following a post-race investigation.

The race was won by Honda's Dani Pedrosa and Jorge Lorenzo came second.

The final race of the season takes place in Spain on 8 November with Rossi leading Lorenzo by seven points.

Rossi said Marquez "rode only to cause me problems".

"Unfortunately, I lose a lot of time with Marc," the Italian explained. "And in turn 14, I tried to go a bit wide to take a better line and make him slow.

"He came to me and I think he crashed in that moment."

But Lorenzo called for Rossi to be punished, saying: "It's clear that he took Marquez off."

Gore pise da je dobio 3 poena kazne, a ovde da startuje poslednji na sledecoj trci ali nema kazne u bodovima.

Valentino Rossi will be forced to start from the back of the grid in the MotoGP season finale at Valencia in two weeks' time for his clash with Marc Marquez at Sepang, but will keep his points for finishing third.

EDIT: Aha...evo razjasnjenja:

However, after reviewing the clash, the MotoGP stewards allowed Rossi to keep his points for finishing third, ruling only that the Italian must start from the back at Valencia after being handed three penalty points on his licence.

Edited by Nesh

Direktor trke o odluci:

“The decision is that Race Direction has imposed three penalty points on Valentino Rossi for irresponsible riding, that is, deliberately causing contact. Deliberately running wide in a corner in order to try and force another rider off line. The result was a crash and so it’s irresponsible riding causing a crash and for that we have imposed three penalty points on Rossi.

Link

Edited by Nesh

Bas se ostro vozilo par krugova, jos kad se uzme atmosfera pred trku i da se Marquez bas zainatio na Rossi-ja bilo je pitanje samo vremena ko ce koga tu da izbaci ili obojica da zavrse u prasini. Steta, bio sam pomislio da moze da bude i bolja trka od Australije i da ce biti konacno Lorenzo i Rossi direkno odlucivati u duelu ove 2 trke, ali nista od toga i izgleda ode titula Lorenzu.

• 2 weeks later...