IGNORED

NFL 2013

Prospero

da načnemo novu sezonu vešću da je flacco postao najplaćeniji igrač u istoriji nfl-a:

Source: Joe Flacco, Ravens agreeJoe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a six-year, $120.6 million contract that will make the quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday.The two sides will work on the contract language this weekend, and Flacco is expected to sign the deal Monday in Baltimore, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said the sides have settled on the parameters of the deal, but still have some language and details to work out.Fox Sports was the first to report that Flacco and the Ravens had agreed to a deal.Drew Brees is currently the highest paid player in the NFL, averaging $20 million per year.Flacco played out his rookie contract this past season for $6.76 million. Now, based on the $120.6 million deal, he will make an average of $168,908 each day of the regular season for the next six years.Reaching agreement with Flacco before Monday's 4 p.m. franchise deadline means the Ravens are assured of retaining their starting quarterback and don't have to take a salary cap hit of approximately $19.5 million.On Feb. 7, Newsome said, "If we are able to get a deal done, it will allow us to participate more in the (free agent) market, if we so choose."Newsome also now can turn his attention toward re-signing free agents Ed Reed, Paul Kruger and Bryant McKinnie.Ravens running back Ray Rice took to Twitter to congratulate his teammate Friday night."Dinner and a few nights on Joe Flacco when we get back well deserved #Ravens," Rice tweeted.Capping a perfect postseason, the unassuming and unheralded Flacco completed 22 of 33 passes for 287 yards and three first-half touchdowns, earning Super Bowl MVP honors for leading the Ravens to a 34-31 victory over theSan Francisco 49ers.He wrapped up Baltimore's four-game run to the title with a record-equaling 11 TD passes and zero interceptions, going 73 of 126 for 1,140 yards. It was an impressive streak that included road victories against two of the game's most respected quarterbacks, Peyton Manning andTom Brady, and a first-round home win against No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Luck.The 28-year-old Flacco, a fifth-year pro, threw for 22 touchdown passes and 10 interceptions in the regular season. He has thrown for 17,633 yards, 102 touchdowns and 52 interceptions in 80 career games.Flacco is the only quarterback to win a postseason game in each of his first five pro seasons. He also holds the record for playoff road wins with six.Before the Super Bowl, Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti expressed confidence that Flacco would be the Ravens' quarterback of the future."We've never lost a great, great franchise player from the beginning," Bisciotti said. "I'm just very comfortable that it will get done."Had Flacco been franchised, he would have earned at least $14.896 million this season.Information from ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen, ESPN.com's Darren Rovell and The Associated Press was used in this report.
Edited by buffalo bill
  • Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• freakns

• Prospero

• teacher

• Frank Pembleton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a breakdown of Flacco's new contract, the richest in NFL history:» $29 million signing bonus» $29 million cap number in Year 4» $30 million in Year 1» $51 million through Year 2» $62 million through Year 3» $80 million through Year 4» $100.6 million through Year 5A čini mi se i da se smeju brci ovom sa mog avatara...Njemu ističe ugovor posle 2014.Pakersi će hteti da se obezbede....

Edited by Frank Pembleton
Je l' moze neko da mi objasni ovo za Boldina?
Ponestalo para u salary capu jer su otprilike sve otisle u dzep Flaka, Boldin nije hteo pay cut u sred ugovora i to je to.
teacheru, ne komentarises?Giants signed DT Cullen Jenkins to a three-year, $8 million contract. The deal includes $3 million guaranteed.
ne postizavam...sjajan potpis, za samo $3 mil garantovanih. sad na draftu da uzmemo nekog prospecta na DE i bog da nas vidi...

carevi, s tim što će možda najebati zbog ovoga.(javi se friče :) )

Pranksters Record Two NFL GMs Discussing Free Agency Over The Phone pranksIt's a brilliant prank, and it never should've worked. How did a couple of 20-year-olds listen in on two NFL executives talking shop the day before free agency began? A little luck, great timing, and a 73-year old general manager who doesn't really understand how telephones work.On Friday afternoon, Buffalo GM Buddy Nix and Tampa Bay GM Mark Dominik shot the shit for about six minutes. They talked about their impending free agents, their frustration with a new three-day negotiating window, and the major handicap of not having a franchise quarterback. They had no idea that a pair of pranksters had set the whole chat up, or that those pranksters were still on the line, listening in.Remember the Domino's prank? Call two pizza places, merge them together on a conference call, and let confusion reign. That's basically what happened here, only with more Buddy Nix complaining about how much the Bills are paying Ryan Fitzpatrick.On Thursday afternoon, the pranksters called Buffalo's publicly listed front office phone number. They claimed to be Bucs GM Mark Dominik and asked to be transferred to Buddy Nix. To their surprise, they were. Panicking, they hung up as soon as he answered.Then Buddy Nix called them back.And he kept calling back. Into Thursday evening, resuming again on Friday morning, Nix's personal number kept lighting up their cell phone. They ignored it, until they came up with a plan. They would call Mark Dominik, claim to be Buddy Nix, and send the two on a phantom game of phone tag.So they rang up the Buccaneers, but while on with Dominik's secretary, Buddy Nix called again. It was perfect. They answered Nix's call, then fell silent while they were patched through to Dominik. They put the call on speaker, recorded with a second cell phone, and sat back and listened to the fun.(The full phone call can be found at the bottom of this post.)The conversation starts off with some confusion. "Dadgum, son," the septuagenarian Nix laughs, "I've called you back a hundred times!" Dominik assures him that it must have been a wrong number, he would have called him back "in a heartbeat. I wouldn't mess around with that."The two exchange cell phone numbers (which we've edited out), so that this never happens again.Then the GMs get down to bitching about a new NFL rule that allows teams to begin negotiating with agents at midnight Friday night, even though players can't officially sign until Tuesday afternoon. Dominik says all the three-day rule does is "give leverage to the agents to ask for more money." Nix agrees and says the thing to do is to "fight to get this done away with."Both GMs say they can't get any of their players to agree during the window, as their agents are using the three days to see what the market will bear for them. "None of mine are signing," says Dominik. "Not one of them. They don't want to sign."Nix and Dominik seem to have had previous exploratory discussions on available players, because once they get around to what they've got cooking on the trade front, Nix knows who they are before Dominik names them. Two of them are mentioned in the call--corner E.J. Biggers ("I still haven't decided what to do with the corner yet") and tackle Jamon Meredith ("No one's really called me back on Jamon, to be honest.")Nix has no interest. "We're pretty set with tackles," he tells Dominik. "We've got six draft picks, and hell, we need to gain something, not give them up." (Nix is also something of a lame duck in Buffalo, with Doug Whaley's future ascension a fait accompli.)When talk turns to the Bills' moves, Nix says he's not planning on doing much because he's handcuffed by Ryan Fitzpatrick. "We're still struggling here with our quarterback...We're not really struggling--he's going to have to do something, or we'll have to."More Nix on Fitzpatrick: "We just can't afford to pay that kind of money for a guy who's fighting for probably a backup job."The two acknowledge how many problems can be solved just by having a dependable QB. "If you get one, everything's easy," Nix says. As director of player personnel for the Chargers, he recalls having Drew Brees and Philip Rivers. In the draft, you can "take the best on the board. Don't worry about it."Dominik recalls telling Colts GM Ryan Grigson, "Look, you got the best gig in the National Football League. I mean, you got a quarterback the first pick, you're a genius for 10 years now."Below is the full recording of Nix's and Dominik's phone call, starting with Dominik's secretary patching them through. (There's a roughly 10-second gap at the 2:19 mark, when the pranksters received another call and hurriedly canceled it.) This is how your free agency sausage is made--GMs casually touching base, inquiring what's in the works, commiserating over shared frustrations, bitching about agents and players, and promising to keep in touch if anything changes.
followup je da su billsi otpustili fitzpatricka :kralj: Edited by buffalo bill

ne znam samo jel veci idiot ovaj tvoj ili ovaj moj :(doduse, Dominik ima sansu da se izvuce, ako su tacne glasine da ce Revis da nam dodje za second round pick, moze da prica do prekosutra van prelaznog roka, bas me briga :D

da dodam, Mike Wallace u Miami na 5 godina za 65 milki... puno jebemu.Stephen Jackson trenutno najblizi Packersima...Bucsi opet aktivni, pored prici oko Revisa, bacili smo navodno buvu i za Abrahama, Goldstona i Smitha, usput gledamo i Nnamdija koji je sutnut iz Phile

ne znam samo jel veci idiot ovaj tvoj ili ovaj moj :(doduse, Dominik ima sansu da se izvuce, ako su tacne glasine da ce Revis da nam dodje za second round pick, moze da prica do prekosutra van prelaznog roka, bas me briga :D
Ovaj moj je tu jos vrlo kratko, nejverovatnije ide u penziju pre pocetka sezone, a Doug Whaley konacno preuzima gm ulogu. Tako da nixa u sustini boli tuki, ionako nije rekao nista sto nismo znali. :Dby BBTT